Walking Dead Zombies

MisterSunshine

Question

I will start with, I am a major noob when it comes to coding of any kind. I am trying to get the zombies walking only, no more balls to the wall sprint to close distance. I have done this easily with vanilla DayZ but I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work with DayZ Epoch. I change forceSpeed to 2 in control_zombieAgent.sqf but they still run at full speed.

So then I tried looking around for another zombie chase code in other files. I went into zombie_agent.fsm and changed the forceSpeed in the chase area to 2 as well. This makes the zombies stop running but they don't appear to be "seeing" the player. They will move toward a player if the player makes a noise but I can run in front of them and they continue to loiter. If I move within strike range the zombie will still attack. 

I've not messed with the FSM file before and I'm not sure what it is used for but is it a "no-no" to edit it? Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look to try to make the zombies walk and still chase the player on sight? Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Also, I am hosting the server on an HP mini server at my house for a small number of friends to play around on. Not serious at all but we like the "Walking Dead" zombies style. If you think walking zombies would be too difficult to get working with Epoch let me know. I like the traders and economy system of Epoch but I am open to other mods that may work better for us.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

When I do this, I can't log into my server. I get all the way to the part where it's loading the character then I'm at the loading screen and don't advance. The server RPT file doesn't indicate any errors. Everything continues to load on the server - DZMS, DZAI, etc...

My custom compiles.sqf sits in my custom folder and is only the changed lines, not the entire compiles.sqf. I call both compiles.sqf in my init. I had walking zedz working with 1.0.4.2 so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If I remove the lines from my compiles.sqf, the server works just fine. There are no errors in my server or client side RPT file.

Any way to make Zeds slow during day time and fast at night?

The only way I can think of doing this would be to have a batch file that replaces the Hive config and associated zed files on reboot so you have a couple of day cycles, then a night cycle with the fast zeds.

Hey we have also slow Zeds, we made a change in the player_zombieAttack.sqf.

Look for this part:

//diag_log ("Animation state: " +(_currentAnim));
    _attackanimations = ["zombiestandingattack1","zombiestandingattack2","zombiestandingattack3","zombiestandingattack4","zombiestandingattack5","zombiestandingattack6","zombiestandingattack7","zombiestandingattack8","zombiestandingattack9","zombiestandingattack10","zombiefeed1","zombiefeed2","zombiefeed3","zombiefeed4","zombiefeed5"];
    if (((_unit distance player) <= dayz_areaAffect) && ((animationState _unit) in _attackanimations)) then {
        //check LOS
        _inAngle = [_zPos,(getdir _unit),50,_tPos] call fnc_inAngleSector;
        if (_inAngle) then {
            //LOS check
            _cantSee = [_unit,_vehicle] call dayz_losCheck;
            if (!_cantSee) then {
                if (r_player_blood < (r_player_bloodTotal * 0.8)) then {
                    _cnt = count (DAYZ_woundHit select 1);
                    _index = floor (random _cnt);
                    _index = (DAYZ_woundHit select 1) select _index;
                    _wound = (DAYZ_woundHit select 0) select _index;
                } else {
                    _cnt = count (DAYZ_woundHit_ok select 1);
                    _index = floor (random _cnt);
                    _index = (DAYZ_woundHit_ok select 1) select _index;
                    _wound = (DAYZ_woundHit_ok select 0) select _index;
                };
                _damage = 0.1 + random (1.2);

That one is for the damage what they will do:

_damage = 0.1 + random (1.2);

We set it to

_damage = 15 + random (1.2);

Sometimes is a hit enough to break the legs, going KO or both. So you have to play with the value.
Hope it helps.

Hi guys

I new to all this, I've just got a server from gaming deluxe, I can find the dayz_code and extract the files I need an dmodify them, but where do I put them, do I create my own folder in the same place as the addons folder? Also where are the compiles.sqf and init.sqf located?

Cheers hopefully someone can help