AI guards for bases...

Hey,

So there is a lot of discussion about bases being perma or not...

The argument for perma bases (which I am for, by the way!), is that it's not fair that someone can spend weeks building a base, only to have it removed in one evening when they are not online. 

The argument against perma bases seem to be that its more realistic, I see the point here too - IRL, people WOULD be able to raid & destroy your bases, although not as easily as when someone leaves the game IRL for work/sleep etc!

That's the point here then, right? In Real Life, you'd ALWAYS have someone at the base - hell, you'd likely sleep there and have someone posted on guard to wake everyone to defend it if needed, right? Trouble is, we can't do that on DayZ, as we ALL need sleep, some go to school/college/work etc...

So how about being able to 'buy' from the traders (hire?) a small group of AI guards (a set number, like 1 sniper, 2 gunner, 1 scout and a medic?) that are only friendly to your GUID or PlayerUID (database)?

Obviously this would mean trouble for your clan mates, but then again, there could be a warning with 60 seconds to enter the right PIN code for the guard. The AI guards, when purchased, would appear at your base (plot pole? - so you'd have to have a placed pole to be able to purchase).

This way, players bases are guarded while they sleep or work IRL, but they are not perma, as if bandits are good, they will be able to wipe out all the guards then destroy/raid the base.

Prob quite a bit of coding, but I'd love to see this, and I'd even be happier using Epochs non-perma base building if I knew it was guarded so that one lonely sad geek couldn't wander up with a few tools and take it all apart unhindered!!!