1.0.4.2a

GhostTown

Question

16 answers to this question

I've had to roll back server_monitor.sqf to the original 1.0.4.2 one as the hotfix one causes lag for some reason, trader menu's, opening safes etc starts to get really laggy after 1 hour.

Hmm thats odd.

I have no had this issue on my end, But than again I dont have a 40+ pop lol

Wonder what would be causing this issue

Hmmmm - anyone else had this?

Was going to update to the .a version on our next reboot in a few hrs, but now not sure :S

I've had to roll back server_monitor.sqf to the original 1.0.4.2 one as the hotfix one causes lag for some reason, trader menu's, opening safes etc starts to get really laggy after 1 hour.

Never noticed that or had any reports but i don't have the same numbers as you, usually peak at 30/35

I have noticed it takes so much longer for the server to start up after a restart, however nobody has complained of missing bases anymore so i guess it does work :)

That fix only effects the initial loading of objects, I really do not see how it could cause any issues like this^  Do you have anything suspect in your log files?

Nothing in any logs. It takes about 30 seconds to run through the function, when the server fires up it slows down players joining with menu lag. I also have a batch file for startup with a timer, it also freezes the timer.

This is with about 7k items in object data.

You are saying that the fix in the server_monitor.sqf takes 30 seconds? Still do not see how this would cause an issue, are you referring to another function? Send me a pastebin of your log file. Seems your referring to the SQL function DeleteNonKeyVehicles or UnlockNonKeyVehicles to me.

The 1.0.4.2a changes to the server_monitor.sqf only fixes "Instance already initialized" error and does so by simply storing the superkey in profileNamespace after successfully loading objects list "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming...". This allows us to kill the process to obtain a new superkey should the server issue a #restart or otherwise re-initialize the server_monitor.

Your logs will show if this happens.

Yeah just realised I posted that in the wrong thread.

The difference we notice with 50 players on is after about an hour, menus start lagging a bit and there is a noticeable downgrade in performance. There was about 10 additional lines added afaik, were they all related to the kill process/restart issue?

Yeah just realised I posted that in the wrong thread.

The difference we notice with 50 players on is after about an hour, menus start lagging a bit and there is a noticeable downgrade in performance. There was about 10 additional lines added afaik, were they all related to the kill process/restart issue?

Yes, the 1.0.4.2a hotfix was only to fix the " Instance already initialized" errors for those that used #restart.

Just to confirm the hotfix did not cause this problem and it was something else?