Question

Krixes Self BloodBag for Epoch

Requirements-

Notepad ++

some type of PBO manager

Steps:

1. Download this Self BloodBag file and save it for later

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk8aou6lvjnjn2c/player_selfbloodbag.sqf

2. Unpack your MISSION pbo, create a folder in the root called "Custom" .. Paste that file above inside that folder.

3. Locate your Arma 2 OA directory then go to @DayZ_Epoch folder.

4. Unpack the DayZ_Code file from your addons folder and find this file "fn_selfactions" (compile folder) 

5. Paste both of these files into the Custom Folder you created earlier

6. Create a file called "compiles.sqf" and inside of it paste just this one line

fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";

7. Open up the "fn_selfActions" file that you pasted into the Custom folder earlier. Under this line

_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

(around line 16)

paste this:

//-----------------------------------------SELF BB START-----------------------------------------
	_mags = magazines player;
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;

};
// -----------------------------------------SELF BB END--------------------------------------------

8. go to your root folder into your "init.sqf" and find this line:

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

paste this line under it

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

so it looks like:

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

After this you should be done! Just check out the player_selfbloodbag file and you can edit the settings to your liking. 

should i remove fn_selfActions.sqf from dayz_code.pbo altogether if its new file path will be MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf\Custom\fn_selfActions.sqf anyways???

Hello i just started a Epoch server. I wasnt able to  dowload anything from the link provided for the self blood bag. Would anyone know of where else i can get it?

Thanks!

Tutorial and links

player_selfbloodbag.sqf

may i also suggest  you use this as well install it first and edit the calls in the Selfbloodbag Script to match the already existing compiles.sqf. make sure that your Scripts or custom folder in your MpMissions\DayZ_Epoch_??MAP directory is called correctly.