Mission vehicles can't be sold.

myst

Question

As the title states,  I don't seem to be able to sell any vehicles which spawn via missions. Every other vehicle (purchased/spawned by admin etc) is able to be sold. Mission vehicles keep saying you need to have sat in the drivers seat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

20 answers to this question

Make sure the class names are the same, If they are not, either change it to onces that work, or add the current ones to the traders.

They're all the same, was working fine with same class names prior to upgrading to 1.0.4. Just can't seem to figure it out.

what is the WAI system may i ask. i have the same problem with not being able to sell mission vehicles. im using EMS at the moment

Hey,

The 2 threads relating to WAI can be found below:

Hope that helps you!

I've edited my missions to exclude any vehicles, so I don't even remember anymore...but are the missions spawning the Epoch versions of vehicles or the Arma ones? If they're not using the Epoch classnames, then the traders won't do anything with them.

its the same bug, the drivers seat message is just what it says and its the same thing i was getting. basically i got around it for now by dropping ems for a bit until its fixed and instead installing WAI

found here https://github.com/WilliamJBrown/Re-Worked-WAI-0.17

and here 

they have even ported some of the ems missions to it and it has some great features. give it a try

I found a fix for this issue. I don't know if there will be side effects to using this so use at your own risk.

I was working with the WAI system and found a line that looked like it might work. In WAI they use this in the armed_vehicle.sqf line 19 

_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; 

So in this mission system I replaced  

_hummer setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

to

_hummer  setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; 

If anyone is still using this mission I hope this helps.

You shouldn't replace the serve with the object but rater add it so mission system adds both vars to the vehicle, now you cleanup script will prob remove your vehicles.

This is what i did for now

copy player_traderMenu.sqf from your Client PBO: \dayz_code\actions into "mission root\fixes\

change compiles.sqf -> player_traderMenu to call player_traderMenu.sqf from fixes folder

copy from dayz_code\actions\  :

trade_any_bicycle.sqf

trade_any_boat.sqf

trade_any_vehicle.sqf

trade_backpacks.sqf

trade_items.sqf

trade_items_wo_db.sqf

trade_metals.sqf

trade_weapons.sqf

to a folder called "actions" inside fixes folder

now in these files:

trade_any_bicycle.sqf

trade_any_boat.sqf

trade_any_vehicle.sqf

Find these line:

_notSetup = (_objectID == "0" && _objectUID == "0");

if(local _obj and !isNull _obj and alive _obj and !_notSetup) then {

and remove:

_notSetup = (_objectID == "0" && _objectUID == "0");

and change to
if(local _obj and !isNull _obj and alive _obj) then {

this way you should be able to trade mission vehicles again.

you could also try to add the "setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; " to all you mission files and you should be good

I did it this way since i'm plying around with some other settings in these files

I found a fix for this issue. I don't know if there will be side effects to using this so use at your own risk.

I was working with the WAI system and found a line that looked like it might work. In WAI they use this in the armed_vehicle.sqf line 19 

_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; 

So in this mission system I replaced  

_hummer setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

to

_hummer  setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true]; 

If anyone is still using this mission I hope this helps.

I have been doing it this way for a few weeks with no obvious effects. Just fyi i guess

alright so after much fuggin around, here is how to do this: 

MCoords = _coords;
publicVariable "MCoords";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

_uniqueid = str(round(random 999999));

_baserunover = createVehicle ["Land_HouseV_1I3",[(_coords select 0) +2, (_coords select 1) +5,-0.3],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_baserunover2 = createVehicle ["Land_hut06",[(_coords select 0) - 10, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_baserunover3 = createVehicle ["Land_hut06",[(_coords select 0) - 7, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer = createVehicle ["HMMWV_DZ",[(_coords select 0) + 10, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer1 = createVehicle ["HMMWV_Ambulance",[(_coords select 0) - 25, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_hummer2 = createVehicle ["SUV_Camo",[(_coords select 0) + 25, (_coords select 1) - 15,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_hummer setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_hummer1 setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
_hummer2 setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true]; PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];