Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

got a question, id like to set up vehical patrols for my ai to use armor,t72,strikers,vodnik,lav25. but when i set up a patrol they just sit there. ive have walked right up 2 them and they aim at me but just start and stop the engine.i used the GAZ_Vodnik_DZE as a test vechical and there is a driver and 1 gunner but they just look at me and do nothing. im thinking it might be a class restriction on what vehicals they can use.anyone else have this problem.btw im running a epoch panthera server,and ive found my share of bugs lol but could this be a issue as well ?

where i put the WAI? to dayz_1.chernarus or to dayz_server? thanks

As the instructions on the very first page say: 

ONLY WORKS FOR DAYZ EPOCH CURRENTLY

Download Here (version 0.16)

Setup is easy Put the WAI folder in your main dayz_server directory

Add above allowConnection = true; in server_monitor.sqf

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";

allowConnection = true;

No need for the killing a hacker fix.

Config files are located in the main WAI folder and main Missions folder.

Setup your custom spawns in Customspawns.sqf

The file you put the WAI into is based upon the mod of the game you are playing so................as we are playing epoch you open the

@DayZ_Epoch_Server............................find the addons folder and open that , looking for

dayz_server.pbo...........................this file is the daddy and controls many things inside the mod

you need to put WAI in to the above file using a free program such as PBO Manager which allows you to modify the contents of the .pbo file with another free program called Notepad++

If unsure on how to do this or use the programs, just ask m8

enjoy.

hi   im having trouble putting the Wai file  into the pbo manager it wont let me : ( and as soon as i try to safe the

server_monitor.sqf

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";
    allowConnection = true;

its apparently safe but when i open it again the line is not there anymore

now its ok for those files  i just dont see the ai spawning for the moment anyone using this on Napf ?

Hi, nice mission we really like it but a thing, I setup chopper to spawn at one place but after you put it down it never come back I would like the chopper spawn back every 15 mins, same for AI, you kill them but they don't respawn. How do you change it, normally I use DZAI and its pretty clear where is the timer.... But here I don,t find it.

Thanks

The problem with that Finn is each time you expand the spawn area you restrict the spots where missions can properly spawn. If you are truly dedicated to making a proper experience for your players you can use the sample mission I posted as a tutorial and build your missions by hand. Once you code the mission to spawn in one spot (instead of random) it opens up the possibilities to be anything you want. For instance you could create a mission that spawns in Lenzburg and call it "Lenzburg Massacre". In the mission file just spawn many small groups of AI (1-3 members) spread all over the city. It would take an hour for two players to properly clear the city if you did it right.

There's just so much that can be done with WAI if you only put some effort into the setup. It got boring because no one made anything but "spawn a group of soldiers". Try out some of the custom missions I posted to get an idea of the variety you can create even with such a limited toolbox.

Could it be that your Mission Script let servers crash after a while? Our server runned fine 2 weeks before i installed your Mission system. Now after 1 week it starts crashing with your mission system installed.

Is there a way to let the server delete vehicles that are spawned in after restart?

Greets

Would someone recommend a good method or tool for determining position so I can accurately determine spawn locations for the AI? It's sometimes referred to as grid coordinates or world location. I tried the ArmA2 editor, but I'm not sure how to open new maps like Napf with it. I could look at the server database or the RPT file and find my position where I disconnected, but that is really cumbersome. There has to be a better way.

:huh:

Would someone recommend a good method or tool for determining position so I can accurately determine spawn locations for the AI? It's sometimes referred to as grid coordinates or world location. I tried the ArmA2 editor, but I'm not sure how to open new maps like Napf with it. I could look at the server database or the RPT file and find my position where I disconnected, but that is really cumbersome. There has to be a better way.

:huh:

The way I do it is with Navicat Lite http://download.cnet.com/Navicat-Lite/3000-10254_4-11884522.html

Load 'character data' and it will show your location (WorldSpace).  Refresh the screen when you move and it will show your new location.  No need to exit the game or anything.