IMPORTANT: Players invisible and no gear

JakeQue

Have you tried setting the affinty and priority?

I found my server ran a lot better when the affinity was set to just one core, rather than 2, But I also had Hyperthreading off.  Also having the priority on High can help a little. I found realtime took too much power from the rest of the server and made working on it  too laggy.

Try adding  /high /affinity 1 to your launch parameters. If you have hyperthreading on, you'll need to change affinity 1 to 3, which will run arma on cores 0 and 1, presuming you have a quad core processor.

I checked up with him earlier. He has his server running on HDDs, not SSDs. His processor is only at 3.4-3.6 GHZ and his ram is at 1333mhz - I have advised him to get a better, cheaper dedi at OVH (he currently gets his dedi through GTX Gaming). He also was getting 5 server fps with 14 people online.

Webtropia do a similar spec to OVHs MC32, smaller hardrives at 240gb each but has an intel 6700k @ 4ghz. 32gb  Ddr4 ram €49.99+VAT 

Webtropia  also do a  intel 4790k processor @4ghz and 120gb ssds  32gb ddr3 ram for €45+vat.  That's the one I had after I left OVH. 

Or or you could get an OVH MC64 oc for £4 more then you are paying with gtx...  5ghz 7700 processor, 64gb ram and nvme drives. 

I've heard a lot of negative things from GTX and their Dedi's. Halv made a big rant somewhere about getting a Dedi that wasn't clean and performed really poor for the price through GTX. They also don't own their dedi's just resell them.

I hope OVH treats them better.

Pretty sure gtx Dedis are hosted by OVH. The ips resolve to a OVH domain. 

That being said a direct OVH Dedi is far better in terms of performance and price it seems. 

Ovh customer service is very good and downtime is minimal.

Game host dedis always seem to have a load of bloatware like their crappy game installers. 

A Dedi should be a blank slate to install what you want on. 

GTX are absolutely terrible. Wouldn't refund me, had major issues and limitations on their TCadmin panel, were really unhelpful and their attitude was shocking. Speeds are ridiculously shit. I have 2 missions running and 40 players and server FPS is currently 2. It's absolutely shocking, no other services are running at all on the dedi and for £110 a month you would expect alot more. 

@DuMa i tried this command and it kept crashing on HIVE starting so I had to replace with the existing command line?!

Affinty  won't make much difference if you truly are on a server running below 4ghz and on hdds.  That's just not good enough for arma. 

Like I said originaly, that you didn't want to believe, the server isn't up to the job. 

2 minutes ago, lwbuk said:

Well live and learn! I don't know why these companies sell stuff they must surely know isn't good enough. 

Give me chance brother xD - I know, believe me I've had it out massively with the company and was banging my head against a brick wall.