Chainsaw epicness!

Axle

I'm with Sequisha on this.  The more things that get added to the trader cities, the less actual scavenging gameplay your players will have.  It ends up making Epoch almost exclusively about making gold, not surviving.  

To be honest, I think the whole "survival" thing went out the window a long time ago (for DayZ in general). Most players don't want a tough survival experience, they just want to shoot big guns and drive fancy vehicles.

To be honest, I think the whole "survival" thing went out the window a long time ago (for DayZ in general). Most players don't want a tough survival experience, they just want to shoot big guns and drive fancy vehicles.

Wasteland... 

Now they can stop ruining our zombie apocalypse experience. ;)

Our server was updated to 1.0.3 last night so a friend and I searched the farm areas for 3 hours before we found one... WORTH. EVERY. MOMENT.

Pro-tip: when you find the chainsaw, go somewhere with a lot of trees and with a lot of storage (like a Ural) and cut everything down and store it.  The chainsaw I found was full (1000 fuel) and I think even had a 2nd "clip", but I logged out after only using ~400 and it was totally empty when I got back on.

Our server was updated to 1.0.3 last night so a friend and I searched the farm areas for 3 hours before we found one... WORTH. EVERY. MOMENT.

Yes!  This is precisely how this experience should pan out for any individual!  Not to say "Hey go waste some time farming."...but you get the idea.  You put the work in and were rewarded with a chainsaw, I bet it felt great.

Btw, what color did you find?

Yes!  This is precisely how this experience should pan out for any individual!  Not to say "Hey go waste some time farming."...but you get the idea.  You put the work in and were rewarded with a chainsaw, I bet it felt great.

I see what you mean now, after i tried it on vehicles... not adding it to traders

I don't know, I stopped adding items like this to the traders. There are a good few items in Epoch which should be loot only. It creates more gameplay and player interaction as they flock to likely spawn points, either for a quick dash or to hold and cycle. Adding them to the traders just removes gameplay in my mind, and if your players moan about them not being there instead of just going out in search of them then they are not the quality of player/person you want in your server. 

Too many items added to the traders leads to people just hunting for high value targets, planes and the like. Selling them then buying their way through what would have been hours of gameplay. I loved how Epoch brought in people holding and fighting over industrial spawns instead of the classic dayz monotony of NW and other such location battles. It just opens the map up a lot more and makes the game more interesting for everyone :)

I found blue.  Any difference in the colors?

Btw, I told some of the people on the server I trust to go in search of the oil and if they provide me a can I will cut down a forest for them and let them have all the lumber.  Way way more fun cutting than it is picking it up.  :)