Client enable/disable client side scripts.

kingpapawawa

Question

was just thinking about this.. I wondered if some scripts that run client side could be disabled/enabled on the fly. Do they impact fps that much anyhow. everything impacts it some...

lets just use one popular script as an example. tow/lift.  If i'm running around my base and building how much impact does tow lift have if i am running by cars, going into the inventory. could it be disabled until i want it.
add to that if im using packlockmove
and bury/butcher on all the dead zombies laying around where im building.

like i said... random idea.

2 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, kingpapawawa said:

was just thinking about this.. I wondered if some scripts that run client side could be disabled/enabled on the fly. Do they impact fps that much anyhow. everything impacts it some...

lets just use one popular script as an example. tow/lift.  If i'm running around my base and building how much impact does tow lift have if i am running by cars, going into the inventory. could it be disabled until i want it.
add to that if im using packlockmove
and bury/butcher on all the dead zombies laying around where im building.

like i said... random idea.

There is always going to be impact, but that's why a lot of scripts (hopefully) have conditions checking so it's not that hard on the computer.

For instance: service points checks to see if the player is in a vehicle: https://github.com/oiad/service_points/blob/master/service_point.sqf#L168

But its still checking, when i get within range and i'm in a vehicle.  There are often lots of things checking.  And things checking to see if something else is checking or not. 

I have great fps but there's a lot of players that don't.  Just thinking about a menu where the player could turn off anything not useful at that time. 

You know me i have a bright idea every once in a while. 1 good for 3 bad.