1.0.6 Questions on Traders, variables, missions and info to share

_Lance_

I previously ran a well modded (25+) overpoch server, but decided to try out the new epoch release, so I started fresh. So far so good, but a few bugs as expected, and a few things are different so there's a minor learning curve. My biggest issues so far are:

1. The old god-mode plots/locked vehicles scripts zupa made don't work for 1.0.6 (at least when I tried) so players are exploiting the fact there's no safe zone protection - I also tried safezonecommander with no luck - if anyone has a working god-zone mod let me know..

2. DZMS, after updating weapon classnames doesn't spawn AI, WAI 2.2 after updating weapon classes works but after you kill AI, sometimes the server cleanup will cleanup the AI body waaay too quickly. Still need to get that figured out.

3. Changes I make to the trader configs (aka adding m107_dz etc) do not seem to work, it's like everything is running off the DB even though I can see in my dayz_code/ConfigVariables that it is set properly to use config traders. Any help on that would be great, - do I need to copy/paste variables into init.sqf in the mission file to get those to work? I just noticed that at the top of the file - so any changes made that aren't copied to mission/init.sqf don't work? No wonder, can someone verify for me?

I think that's the main issues - I'll post more info and questions as I think of stuff..

If you find bugs report them, don't blow them off like they're normal, don't assume we know about them either.

I'm not sure if you're making the player or vehicles invulnerable, but the plot pole class is the same so the radius calculation will work. The variables for health or hit points are probably incorrect. you can see the majority of variable name changes in this file: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Documents/1.0.6 Variable Name Changes.txt

Trader edits work, make sure you edit this line to point to your files https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/description.ext#L35

33 minutes ago, icomrade said:

If you find bugs report them, don't blow them off like they're normal, don't assume we know about them either.

I'm not sure if you're making the player or vehicles invulnerable, but the plot pole class is the same so the radius calculation will work. The variables for health or hit points are probably incorrect. you can see the majority of variable name changes in this file: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Documents/1.0.6 Variable Name Changes.txt

Trader edits work, make sure you edit this line to point to your files https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/description.ext#L35

I was trying to make vehicles invulnerable on plots, and players AND vehicles invulnerable in trader zones, it's probably the variables, I'll take a look, thanks!

Where's the best place to report bugs? Github?

Oh and I didn't edit that line because I edited the actual trader files in dayz_code\configs\CfgServerTrader\Category - Do they need to be moved outside client/addons folder to make the edits "work" ? Sorry I've only been doing this since late october, I learned on 1.0.5.1 merged with overwatch so 1.0.6 has a lot of new things to learn about still..

So far most of my issues are with 1.0.5.1 mods I'm trying to make work on 1.0.6, the only "built-in" bug I've heard about so far is that garage doors are duplicating on bases. Might be the entire base but you can only tell when doors get opened and there's another door there.

7 hours ago, _Lance_ said:

I previously ran a well modded (25+) overpoch server, but decided to try out the new epoch release, so I started fresh. So far so good, but a few bugs as expected, and a few things are different so there's a minor learning curve. My biggest issues so far are:

1. The old god-mode plots/locked vehicles scripts zupa made don't work for 1.0.6 (at least when I tried) so players are exploiting the fact there's no safe zone protection - I also tried safezonecommander with no luck - if anyone has a working god-zone mod let me know..

2. DZMS, after updating weapon classnames doesn't spawn AI, WAI 2.2 after updating weapon classes works but after you kill AI, sometimes the server cleanup will cleanup the AI body waaay too quickly. Still need to get that figured out.

3. Changes I make to the trader configs (aka adding m107_dz etc) do not seem to work, it's like everything is running off the DB even though I can see in my dayz_code/ConfigVariables that it is set properly to use config traders. Any help on that would be great, - do I need to copy/paste variables into init.sqf in the mission file to get those to work? I just noticed that at the top of the file - so any changes made that aren't copied to mission/init.sqf don't work? No wonder, can someone verify for me?

I think that's the main issues - I'll post more info and questions as I think of stuff..

1) the function name for the vehicle_handle damage script has changed, you will need to update that 

vehicle_handleDamage --> fnc_veh_handleDam

2) you need to set a bodyName on the body to stop cleanup, i.e

_unit setVariable ["bodyName","AI",true];

Hi guys sorry for the dumb question but where do I do this, sorry but I've never had to dive this deep into it or try converting scripts before, if I can get at least one mission system running properly we would be good to upgrade.

Can you give me a step by step on this please or at the very least let me know where I have to put the changes

Many thanks

10 hours ago, _Lance_ said:

hey... to can touch the configvariables... first you need open your init.sqf change this line by this path:

// EPOCH CONFIG VARIABLES START //
#include "custom\configVariables.sqf" // Don't remove this line

now: open \@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\  and drop configVariables.sqf into   MPmissions\your instance \custom\  folder.

*To make custom traders follow the steps 1,2,4, and 5  into this guide.

Spoiler

Sorry buddy think you miss understood me, its the ai being cleaned up to quickly after death with Wicked AI that I'm trying to fix, did you manage to get DZMS working, I just went through and changed all the classes and just about to test it now.

7 hours ago, _Lance_ said:

I was trying to make vehicles invulnerable on plots, and players AND vehicles invulnerable in trader zones, it's probably the variables, I'll take a look, thanks!

Where's the best place to report bugs? Github?

Oh and I didn't edit that line because I edited the actual trader files in dayz_code\configs\CfgServerTrader\Category - Do they need to be moved outside client/addons folder to make the edits "work" ? Sorry I've only been doing this since late october, I learned on 1.0.5.1 merged with overwatch so 1.0.6 has a lot of new things to learn about still..

So far most of my issues are with 1.0.5.1 mods I'm trying to make work on 1.0.6, the only "built-in" bug I've heard about so far is that garage doors are duplicating on bases. Might be the entire base but you can only tell when doors get opened and there's another door there.

Github is preferred, but you can report them on the forum, we may not always catch the post due to the multiple forums and threads it can be posted, however.

10 hours ago, salival said:

1) the function name for the vehicle_handle damage script has changed, you will need to update that 

Ooooh, that may be above my 3 month old skill level, but I'll take a look tonight - your first point is for god-mode plots, and 2nd is to help fix WAI correct? For the plots, I used to have a fn_damageHandlerVehicle.sqf and a vehicle_handleDamage.sqf that made god mode plots/locked vehicles work - what do I do with the 2nd file?

7 hours ago, juandayz said:

hey... to can touch the configvariables... first you need open your init.sqf change this line by this path:

// EPOCH CONFIG VARIABLES START //
#include "custom\configVariables.sqf" // Don't remove this line

now: open \@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\  and drop configVariables.sqf into   MPmissions\your instance \custom\  folder.

*To make custom traders follow the steps 1,2,4, and 5  into this guide.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I learned late last night that nothing I was editing within client\dayz_code was working until I moved it to MISSION\custom and changed the paths in init and description. Amazing I never realized that before, but then again, learning as I go with this stuff. Thanks for your help!

On 12/5/2016 at 4:21 AM, salival said:

EDITED:

I got zupa's safezone plots/vehicles working with the function change - THANK YOU! I'm learning a lot during this process, never really had to think about variables and functions very often, I just installed the community mods as directed, this is good stuff to be learning for future mods.

I'm going to attempt again to get the "SafeZoneCommander"  script working now so I can protect players in the trader zones, but the zupa script you got working already covers vehicles at trader zones, I need to figure out a way to add players to that same script, not just vehicles, since it's already working..

I'll report back with info - this will no doubt help some other nub who's never done more than just install mods with instructions.

3 hours ago, _Lance_ said:

EDITED:

I got zupa's safezone plots/vehicles working with the function change - THANK YOU! I'm learning a lot during this process, never really had to think about variables and functions very often, I just installed the community mods as directed, this is good stuff to be learning for future mods.

I'm going to attempt again to get the "SafeZoneCommander"  script working now so I can protect players in the trader zones, but the zupa script you got working already covers vehicles at trader zones, I need to figure out a way to add players to that same script, not just vehicles, since it's already working..

I'll report back with info - this will no doubt help some other nub who's never done more than just install mods with instructions.

Be sure to setup the DZE_SafeZonePosArray variable https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/configVariables.sqf#L28

All it does is exclude players in the safezone radius from the kill on vehicle destroyed fix. Otherwise, if their vehicle is destroyed in the safezone the players will die too.

You can use the position definition of the safezone triggers in your mission.sqf, HOWEVER, the position format is XZY in the .SQM and XYZ in .SQF. So, the trick is position[]={6325,304,7807}; (from the sqm) becomes [6325,7807,0] in SQF (just set the Z element to 0). https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/mission.sqm#L338

So, the DZE_SafeZonePosArray for all traders (first 3 positions are for trader cities) in default Chernarus is: DZE_SafeZonePosArray = [[[6325,7807,0],100],[[4063,11664.19,0],100],[[ 11447,11364,0],100],[[1606,7803,0],100],[[12944,12766,0],100],[[12060,12638,0],100]];

2 hours ago, icomrade said:

Be sure to setup the DZE_SafeZonePosArray variable https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/configVariables.sqf#L28

All it does is exclude players in the safezone radius from the kill on vehicle destroyed fix. Otherwise, if their vehicle is destroyed in the safezone the players will die too.

You can use the position definition of the safezone triggers in your mission.sqf, HOWEVER, the position format is XZY in the .SQM and XYZ in .SQF. So, the trick is position[]={6325,304,7807}; (from the sqm) becomes [6325,7807,0] in SQF (just set the Z element to 0). https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/mission.sqm#L338

So, the DZE_SafeZonePosArray for all traders (first 3 positions are for trader cities) in default Chernarus is: DZE_SafeZonePosArray = [[[6325,7807,0],100],[[4063,11664.19,0],100],[[ 11447,11364,0],100],[[1606,7803,0],100],[[12944,12766,0],100],[[12060,12638,0],100]];

EDIT: Ok I Get what you mean about the coords in the sqm being reversed vs the sqf now -

I saw the safezoneposarray but I thought that only protects from vehicle explosions - I want to find the easiest way to give players full god mode when in a trader area, and block weapon firing like alienx's safezonecommander did - god mode vehicles is already working on plots and in trader zones from the zupa script. Getting the safezonecommander working again is now my primary focus, everything else seems to be rocking and rolling. The players who have moved on to 1.0.6 are liking it, lots of players clinging to 1.0.5.1 servers tho lol.

Either way thank you for trying to assist!