help fixing some issues on my private server

don2k7

Question

hello everyone

i'm posting to ask if anyone can help fix some issues i'm currently unable to fix on my private overpoch origins server, i have looked over the forums and so far have been unable to fix these errors/things not working as they should

the issues are

1. advanced trading all works apart from buying using advanced trading it always say I don't have enough money even when I do, but the normal trading using zupa single currency 3.0 works and trades fine

2.  vehicle painting works and it shows it storing the change in the database but on server restart the colour has reset to original state

3. I cant get the origin vehicle upgrades to work i think I've messed something up in the coding server side

4. does anyone know how to get level 4 houses/ watch towers or electro nests to work?

any help would be great just pm me please 

7 answers to this question

do you have these in your compiles?

SC_fnc_removeCoins & SC_fnc_addCoins

And in the Advanced trading config.sqf

there is a Z_Money_Varialbe = "cashMoney" 

I'm pretty sure that one of the singlecurrency addons uses a different name so make sure the cash variable is the same

23 hours ago, Joshyy said:

do you have these in your compiles?

SC_fnc_removeCoins & SC_fnc_addCoins

And in the Advanced trading config.sqf

there is a Z_Money_Varialbe = "cashMoney" 

I'm pretty sure that one of the singlecurrency addons uses a different name so make sure the cash variable is the same

hi yea i have the SC_fnc_removeCoins & SC_fnc_addCoins in the advanced trader\functions folder and yea in the advanced trading config I have the variable im using advanced trading 2.1 and zsc 3.0

For number 3, What version of Origins are you using on your server?

If you are using a custom script to allow you to upgrade vehicles with scrap metal, between a couple of Origins versions, the classname for vehicle upgrades changed causing the vehicle upgrade script to stop working. With OverPoch origins, you cannot upgrade vehicles Origins style without a custom script, it doesn't just work automatically like Origins as Epoch is the main mod.

Like this one by Schwede:

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-origins-vehicle-upgrades.21815/

On 09/06/2016 at 7:55 AM, Voltan said:

For number 3, What version of Origins are you using on your server?

If you are using a custom script to allow you to upgrade vehicles with scrap metal, between a couple of Origins versions, the classname for vehicle upgrades changed causing the vehicle upgrade script to stop working. With OverPoch origins, you cannot upgrade vehicles Origins style without a custom script, it doesn't just work automatically like Origins as Epoch is the main mod.

Like this one by Schwede:

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-origins-vehicle-upgrades.21815/

hi im using origins 1.8.2 version i tried to do it the way in the link but  server_publishObject.sqf doesn't have the stuff he mentioned in his tutorial ive tried to use a custom script but just cant get it to work, would you be able to help?

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:33 AM, don2k7 said:

hi im using origins 1.8.2 version i tried to do it the way in the link but  server_publishObject.sqf doesn't have the stuff he mentioned in his tutorial ive tried to use a custom script but just cant get it to work, would you be able to help?

In that link, he says its for Origins 1.7.9, I tried for ages to get it to work on Origins 1.7.9.5 but couldn't get it to work.

If you really want it to work you could go back to Origins 1.7.9, Origins 1.8.2 has a totally different vehicle upgrade system, if you haven't played Vanilla origins and seen it recently.

On 6/13/2016 at 3:42 PM, Voltan said:

In that link, he says its for Origins 1.7.9, I tried for ages to get it to work on Origins 1.7.9.5 but couldn't get it to work.

If you really want it to work you could go back to Origins 1.7.9, Origins 1.8.2 has a totally different vehicle upgrade system, if you haven't played Vanilla origins and seen it recently.

Has anyone figured out the solution to this??

I'm running 1.7.9.5 overpoch server. I have everything going for the most part but upgrades are not showing up. I'm sure it has something to do with not being able to push server_publishObject.sqf  to run since http://opendayz.net/threads/release-origins-vehicle-upgrades-updated.21815/ is asking to make changes to it but I obviously don't have what its asking for to apply it.

On 6/5/2016 at 2:16 AM, don2k7 said:

hi yea i have the SC_fnc_removeCoins & SC_fnc_addCoins in the advanced trader\functions folder and yea in the advanced trading config I have the variable im using advanced trading 2.1 and zsc 3.0

I don't believe those files in the functions folder are compiled in the default download.

Add this to the top of your compiles.sqf:

SC_fnc_removeCoins=
{
    private ["_player","_amount","_wealth","_newwealth", "_result"];
    _player = _this select 0;
    _amount = _this select 1;
    _result = false;
    _wealth = _player getVariable["cashMoney",0];  
    if(_amount > 0)then{
    if (_wealth < _amount) then {
        _result = false;
    } else {                         
    _newwealth = _wealth - _amount;
    _player setVariable["cashMoney",_newwealth, true];
    _player setVariable ["moneychanged",1,true];    
    _result = true;
    PVDZE_plr_Save = [_player,(magazines _player),true,true] ;
    publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Save";            
    };
    }else{
    _result = true;
    };
    _result
};

SC_fnc_addCoins = 
{
	private ["_player","_amount","_wealth","_newwealth", "_result"];			
	_player =  _this select  0;
	_amount =  _this select  1;
	_result = false;	
	_wealth = _player getVariable["cashMoney",0];
	_player setVariable["cashMoney",_wealth + _amount, true];
	PVDZE_plr_Save = [_player,(magazines _player),true,true] ;
	publicVariableServer "PVDZE_plr_Save";
	_player setVariable ["moneychanged",1,true];					
	_newwealth = _player getVariable["cashMoney",0];		
	if (_newwealth >= _wealth) then { _result = true; };			
	_result
};

Let me know how that works.

+1 to @Joshyy  for finding the possible solution.