[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

So this was mine before ....

// update objects

dayz_updateObjects = ["Plane","Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage", "VaultStorage","LockboxStorage","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","GunRack_DZ"];
dayz_disallowedVault = ["TentStorage", "BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_reveal = ["AllVehicles","WeaponHolder","Land_A_tent","BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_allowedObjects = ["TentStorage","TentStorageDomed","TentStorageDomed2", "VaultStorageLocked", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","BagFenceRound_DZ","TrapBear","Fort_RazorWire","WoodGate_DZ","Land_HBarrier1_DZ","Land_HBarrier3_DZ","Land_HBarrier5_DZ","Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","CanvasHut_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","MetalGate_DZ","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Generator_DZ","StickFence_DZ","LightPole_DZ","FuelPump_DZ","DesertCamoNet_DZ","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ","SandNest_DZ","DeerStand_DZ","MetalPanel_DZ","WorkBench_DZ","WoodFloor_DZ","WoodLargeWall_DZ","WoodLargeWallDoor_DZ","WoodLargeWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWall_DZ","WoodSmallWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWallDoor_DZ","LockboxStorageLocked","WoodFloorHalf_DZ","WoodFloorQuarter_DZ","WoodStairs_DZ","WoodStairsSans_DZ","WoodSmallWallThird_DZ","WoodLadder_DZ","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoor","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoor","Land_DZE_WoodDoor","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_WoodDoorLocked","CinderWallHalf_DZ","CinderWall_DZ","CinderWallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoor_DZ","CinderWallDoorLocked_DZ","CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmall_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmallLocked_DZ","MetalFloor_DZ","WoodRamp_DZ","GunRack_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ"];

Do delete that then copy and paste in what you have put there so it looks like this ? 

// update objects
dayz_updateObjects = ["Plane","Car", "Helicopter", "Motorcycle", "Ship", "TentStorage", "VaultStorage","LockboxStorage","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","GunRack_DZ"];
dayz_disallowedVault = ["TentStorage", "BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_reveal = ["AllVehicles","WeaponHolder","Land_A_tent","BuiltItems","ModularItems","DZE_Base_Object"];
dayz_allowedObjects = ["USSpecialWeaponsBox","MAP_Camo_Box","MAP_Proxy_UsBasicAmmoBoxBig","MedBox0","USBasicWeapons_EP1","RUVehicleBox","USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1","USVehicleBox_EP1","USOrdnanceBox_EP1","TentStorage","TentStorageDomed","TentStorageDomed2", "VaultStorageLocked", "Hedgehog_DZ", "Sandbag1_DZ","BagFenceRound_DZ","TrapBear","Fort_RazorWire","WoodGate_DZ","Land_HBarrier1_DZ","Land_HBarrier3_DZ","Land_HBarrier5_DZ","Fence_corrugated_DZ","M240Nest_DZ","CanvasHut_DZ","ParkBench_DZ","MetalGate_DZ","OutHouse_DZ","Wooden_shed_DZ","WoodShack_DZ","StorageShed_DZ","Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ","Generator_DZ","StickFence_DZ","LightPole_DZ","FuelPump_DZ","DesertCamoNet_DZ","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ","SandNest_DZ","DeerStand_DZ","MetalPanel_DZ","WorkBench_DZ","WoodFloor_DZ","WoodLargeWall_DZ","WoodLargeWallDoor_DZ","WoodLargeWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWall_DZ","WoodSmallWallWin_DZ","WoodSmallWallDoor_DZ","LockboxStorageLocked","WoodFloorHalf_DZ","WoodFloorQuarter_DZ","WoodStairs_DZ","WoodStairsSans_DZ","WoodSmallWallThird_DZ","WoodLadder_DZ","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoor","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoor","Land_DZE_WoodDoor","Land_DZE_GarageWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_LargeWoodDoorLocked","Land_DZE_WoodDoorLocked","CinderWallHalf_DZ","CinderWall_DZ","CinderWallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoor_DZ","CinderWallDoorLocked_DZ","CinderWallSmallDoorway_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmall_DZ","CinderWallDoorSmallLocked_DZ","MetalFloor_DZ","WoodRamp_DZ","GunRack_DZ","FireBarrel_DZ"];

Thanks  :)

Then this in the Init? 

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;

yes but the CLEANUP deletes them in one hour  !

This makes me crying after fixing most of stuff that's the only thing i have probs with !

go over here 

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1918-nwaf-military-base/page-2#entry31840

"	if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

testing code above right in a few minutes ,stay alert may the boxes will disappear if someone opens their gear ,they will be deleted by cleanup so far what i saw in 30mins or an hour !

Edited by Fuchs

Atm just done a mission just above staroye heli crash or somthing nothing was there aprat from 3 AI. I love this add-on so far :) the crates are staying there after missions so far only have a few creates tho i.e ones with mk12 spr, then the sniper box (M24...), then the big medication one. Vehicles stay for the time being then disappear when players get in them. Also did the mission folder shrink in size ? i thought when i 1st downloaded it was 1.4mb now its 240kb That right? I might be going insane tbh lol  :D

Keep up the great work !  :)

I'm trying to get the mission AI kills to count for the players again. the below "bodyclean.sqf" worked but once I updated to 1.0.3 and now updated to 1.0.3.1 the kill count code has stoped working. Anyone have this working again?

The humanity update still works.

_ai = _this select 0;
_aikiller = _this select 1;
_humanityBoost = 5; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

_banditkills = _aikiller getVariable["banditKills",0];
_aikiller setVariable["banditKills",_banditkills+1,true];

sleep 600;
deletevehicle _ai;

Guys we're working towards a fixed release for 1.0.3.*, be patient. We're trying to work out the bugs and get a better system going for you all, we don't want to release some thing that still has lots of problems. They changed a lot in Epoch between 1.0.2.5 and 1.0.3.

I'm trying to get the mission AI kills to count for the players again. the below "bodyclean.sqf" worked but once I updated to 1.0.3 and now updated to 1.0.3.1 the kill count code has stoped working. Anyone have this working again?

The humanity update still works.

_ai = _this select 0;
_aikiller = _this select 1;
_humanityBoost = 5; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

_banditkills = _aikiller getVariable["banditKills",0];
_aikiller setVariable["banditKills",_banditkills+1,true];

sleep 600;
deletevehicle _ai;

add

[_this,"banditKills"] call local_eventKill;

to your AI's killed event handler

should look something like this (this is taken from my own AI so it will be differant)

_aiunit addEventHandler ['killed',{_this spawn AI_BodyClean;_this call AI_Killed;[_this,"banditKills"] call local_eventKill;}];

add

[_this,"banditKills"] call local_eventKill;
to your AI's killed event handler

should look something like this (this is taken from my own AI so it will be differant)

_aiunit addEventHandler ['killed',{_this spawn AI_BodyClean;_this call AI_Killed;[_this,"banditKills"] call local_eventKill;}];

Hmm I'm a bit lost now as to what you are referring to.  "AI's Killed event handler"?   I was just using the "bodyclean.sqf" from the missions folder.

Did you allready replace the Mission NPC with Sarge AI NPC in the actual release 0.2.1?

Because i cant see anywhere in the add_unit_Server.sqf where the sarge AI should be called.

As long as there is no permanent fix for the despawn of ammo boxes i just use the old Server_cleanup.fsm from 1.0.2.5

I like that you are working on this Mission System and add more Mission and adjust it to epoch, but i think there is to much loot in the Mission rewards.

If you bring so much "Money" in the game then you need to adjust all the prices of vehicles.

I think it would better if you can randomize the loot. so instead of giving them in the sniper box everytime all the snipers, have a randoom loot with only 2 different each time.

Did you allready replace the Mission NPC with Sarge AI NPC in the actual release 0.2.1?

Because i cant see anywhere in the add_unit_Server.sqf where the sarge AI should be called.

As long as there is no permanent fix for the despawn of ammo boxes i just use the old Server_cleanup.fsm from 1.0.2.5

I like that you are working on this Mission System and add more Mission and adjust it to epoch, but i think there is to much loot in the Mission rewards.

If you bring so much "Money" in the game then you need to adjust all the prices of vehicles.

I think it would better if you can randomize the loot. so instead of giving them in the sniper box everytime all the snipers, have a randoom loot with only 2 different each time.

There are working fixes stated in the last 2 pages of this thread ;)

I'm not sure where Fuchs as gone again, I know he said he was going on holiday's, but he didn't tell me if that meant he'd be offline the whole time.

Anyways, I'm making lots of progress on my "Hardcore Epoch Mission System (HEMS). Look for a release over the next couple of days. I'll make a new thread for it.

Features:

• Epoch 1.0.3.x compatible
  • No map markers
  • Text hint and debug monitor show nearest city/town/landmark of the active mission
  • Mission could be as far as 1000m from location given, you'll have to hunt for it
  • AI patrol up to 300m from the mission center point
  • Restructured AI using SargeAI (Requirement for HEMS to work, sorry no DZAI, or factions support)
  • Customized SargeAI conifg and groups config file (Required for HEMS to work as intended)
  • Loot from certain missions adjusted to be less abundant
  • High value missions are extremely well defended and nearly impossible for an individual to complete on their own
  • and more...

A release is just around the corner. Definitely before Christmas.

The problem is that DZAI doesn't offer the features and functionality that SargeAI does.

I have had zero problems running SargeAI on my Epoch server for the last 6 months.

I've removed a lot of things that aren't necessary, like the heli patrols, and vehicle patrols. I've also dumb down the dynamic spawning, and in the new HEMS I will have it turned off by default and opt for 8 static spawn groups that patrol 2.5KM area's of the map. During testing I've run into them several times unintentionally. Sometimes I get ambushed by them while attempting a mission, which usually results in my death.

SargeAI does offer much more customization, but I find it pretty worthless if that same amount of customization is about features which are virtually useless on a DayZ environment :P

The reason so many servers switched to DZAI is specifically because it doesn't clog up the map with predictable AI, but actually tries to "simulate" dayz player bandits by spawning them dynamically near loot locations.

This is only my opinion though.