[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

hello,

i get 100 humanity after killing AI.

i have edit the SAR_config.sqf but nothing change...

// Humanity Value that gets substracted for a survivor or soldier AI kill
SAR_surv_kill_value = 5;

// Humanity Value that gets ADDED for a bandit AI kill
SAR_band_kill_value = 5;

what i'm doing wrong? :-/

Look in "bodyclean.sqf". The Mission AI don't count as bandit kills and use a different humanity setting than SargeAI. 

_ai = _this select 0;
_aikiller = _this select 1;
_humanityBoost = 100; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

sleep 600;
deletevehicle _ai;

Edit the line "_humanityboost = 100;

Change 100 to whatever humanity gain you want to give players for killing Mission AI.

I've looked at your files, and everything looks in order to me too.

Can you please do me a favor? Shut down your server, delete your current RPT file, then restart your server. Jump on it, or get someone to jump on it for approximately 30 minutes. This will ensure a minor and major mission will spawn with the settings you've chosen.

After 30 minutes shut down your server, and send me your RPT file. You can do it in a PM if you want.

Thanks!

I will

Is that SM8 in the Minor Missions ? Yes it's meant to have a marker, they all should but i don't think mines rotated to test that yet so i can't confirm if the marker works.

The error you see, is it no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons or something like that ? It means the mission is trying to spawn a weapon with the wrong classname, Makarov_SD is one of them but i'm sure they'll be fixed as and when reported

Thanks for the reply, SM8 is the Beachhead mission and no marker is appearing on the map with regards to this mission, The mission throwing the "no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons" error, is the one with the C130, I believe it's SM2 major missions. I took a look at what ammobox.sqf it was using and removed the MakarovSD and replaced it with the M9SD + the ammo it uses, I'll let you know how it goes.

/fullaholes

I've looked at your files, and everything looks in order to me too.

Can you please do me a favor? Shut down your server, delete your current RPT file, then restart your server. Jump on it, or get someone to jump on it for approximately 30 minutes. This will ensure a minor and major mission will spawn with the settings you've chosen.

After 30 minutes shut down your server, and send me your RPT file. You can do it in a PM if you want.

Thanks!

Having some issues with the server atm, i'll send it to you tommorow after i resolved these issues.

OK.

I noticed too in the files you sent that you have a "dayz_server" folder and a "dayz_server.pbo". Delete the "dayz_server" folder as it's not needed and in the past I've experienced problems when the server reads from a "dayz_server" folder, and not a PBO.

After running the server for about 2 hours now, it appears that the missions that use "fillBoxesS.sqf" are having issues and getting the "no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons" error. Someone mentioned it could be the MakarovSD throwing the error so I removed it and added a weapon that I know isn't giving any errors (M9SD + ammo) and it was still giving the same error so I'm thinking it may be one of the other weapons in the fillBoxesS.sqf giving the error.

/fullaholes

Edit.. The mission load times were shortened (minor 10 mins, major 20 mins) so I could actually see what was happening on the server and what missions where giving the error, it appears those that use the fillBoxesS.sqf are giving the error.

After running the server for about 2 hours now, it appears that the missions that use "fillBoxesS.sqf" are having issues and getting the "no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons" error. Someone mentioned it could be the MakarovSD throwing the error so I removed it and added a weapon that I know isn't giving any errors (M9SD + ammo) and it was still giving the same error so I'm thinking it may be one of the other weapons in the fillBoxesS.sqf giving the error.

/fullaholes

Edit.. The mission load times were shortened (minor 10 mins, major 20 mins) so I could actually see what was happening on the server and what missions where giving the error, it appears those that use the fillBoxesS.sqf are giving the error.

It has to do with two things. First is some AI are equipped with weapons and gear that is named incorrectly, so it spits out an error. 2nd is some of the loot crates have misnamed loot in them, again giving the same error.

This is going to be addressed in the next release.

Nice to see that Fuchs, and now mimic as well are still working on this mission extension.

If i can help with anything, please let me know again.

The setup was pretty good, but there were some items etc. in it (you guys probably already know about) that aren't in vanilla epoch (items/vehicles really should be kept vanilla epoch to avoid compatibility issues etc.)

The only thing where i can give you guys some backup at the moment are the wrong classnames (which you already know),

and maybe change the "Accomplished mission text" from a few missions, so it isn't personal (because every player on the map sees this text, only a minor thing i guess)

So for example change this:

Good work you've secured the helicopter!

into this:

Survivors have secured the helicopter!

Cheers

Nice to see that Fuchs, and now mimic as well are still working on this mission extension.

If i can help with anything, please let me know again.

The setup was pretty good, but there were some items etc. in it (you guys probably already know about) that aren't in vanilla epoch (items/vehicles really should be kept vanilla epoch to avoid compatibility issues etc.)

The only thing where i can give you guys some backup at the moment are the wrong classnames (which you already know),

and maybe change the "Accomplished mission text" from a few missions, so it isn't personal (because every player on the map sees this text, only a minor thing i guess)

So for example change this:

Good work you've secured the helicopter!

into this:

Survivors have secured the helicopter!

Cheers

Added to the issue tracker on GitHub. Scheduled for the next release.

Hey guys!

Nice work so far, keep it going as this is a definately wanted feature and opens up quite a lot of possibilites, especially on Epoch servers.

I've only recently encountered a few things, some of them fixed myself and a few remaining that Im still messing around with:

So, after trying around a bit with different AI setups and tinkering with the units and their setups, Im still having the feeling of them being far too easy and even setting skill level to a consistent 1.0 for every skill, they seem typically ArmA dumb.

I've worked quite a bit with AI and SargeAI specifically in the past and been absent for quite a bit, so I might be wrong on this, but is there any possibility that the currently spawned AI doesnt use any of the Sarge and UPSMon features at all?

Setting skills and features in the Sarge files doesnt seem to affect them while the SargeAI patrol and static spawns, if enabled, seem to work fine and react to the config changes.

If I remember correctly, didnt one trigger the SargeAI by placing markers and calling for the Sarge function? The currently add_unit.sqf's just seem to spawn the typical ArmA AI.

So in the past, I remember people used the following sort of call to let SargeAI handle the unit spawn etc:

// SARGE AI
    _ai_marker = createMarker ["SAR_marker_example", _coords];
    _ai_marker setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
    _ai_marker setMarkeralpha 0;
    _ai_marker setMarkerType "Flag";
    _ai_marker setMarkerBrush "Solid";
    _ai_marker setMarkerSize [300,300];
    _ai_marker setMarkerDir -19.085985;
    SAR_marker_SM7 = _ai_marker; 
    diag_log("DEBUG - MISSION AI MARKER DONE");
    [SAR_marker_SM7,3,2,5,"fortify",false] call SAR_AI;

(Just a snipped from a random script to show what I am relating to)

Any insight or point into the right direction greatly appreciated. No guarantee anything here is still correct, time's fast when it comes to scripting ;).

Sidenote as well:

As lots of Epoch servers use different kind of markers on their map to point out safezones or traders, I slightly changed the mission markers.

Im now using 2 markers per add_marker.sqf, one red grid-style and another on top of it as black outline with "Side Mission" as MarkerText.

Might be too obvious for most, but the black outline was already greatly improving the visiblity and making people aware of it being a side mission and not some sort of safezone.

Can supply the code if any interest, or you just might find out your own style.

Thanks for the great effort so far guys, keep it coming!

Quick Edit: Boat / Landing beach-head mission (Minor SM8) is utterly bugged and Ive removed it from the call in functions.sqf. The tent it spawns just ends up being awkwardly placed, most of the time somewhere in the water or below ground.

Okay, I found out what my problem was:

My server loaded a "clean" server.pbo, because i had multiple server.pbo's/folders in there

So now that I only have 1 server.pbo in there my server gets stuck on waiting for server to start authentication, and then the players will spawn in debug.

I even tried to only install the infistar antihack to the server.pbo, but even that gives me that same issue.

this is my RPT: http://pastebin.com/T8T1KctL#

Dont worry about the map_eu error, it also displays that when the server runs normally, it has to do with some custom map content.

Any help would be appriciated!

Hey guys!

Nice work so far, keep it going as this is a definately wanted feature and opens up quite a lot of possibilites, especially on Epoch servers.

I've only recently encountered a few things, some of them fixed myself and a few remaining that Im still messing around with:

So, after trying around a bit with different AI setups and tinkering with the units and their setups, Im still having the feeling of them being far too easy and even setting skill level to a consistent 1.0 for every skill, they seem typically ArmA dumb.

I've worked quite a bit with AI and SargeAI specifically in the past and been absent for quite a bit, so I might be wrong on this, but is there any possibility that the currently spawned AI doesnt use any of the Sarge and UPSMon features at all?

Setting skills and features in the Sarge files doesnt seem to affect them while the SargeAI patrol and static spawns, if enabled, seem to work fine and react to the config changes.

If I remember correctly, didnt one trigger the SargeAI by placing markers and calling for the Sarge function? The currently add_unit.sqf's just seem to spawn the typical ArmA AI.

So in the past, I remember people used the following sort of call to let SargeAI handle the unit spawn etc:

// SARGE AI
    _ai_marker = createMarker ["SAR_marker_example", _coords];
    _ai_marker setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
    _ai_marker setMarkeralpha 0;
    _ai_marker setMarkerType "Flag";
    _ai_marker setMarkerBrush "Solid";
    _ai_marker setMarkerSize [300,300];
    _ai_marker setMarkerDir -19.085985;
    SAR_marker_SM7 = _ai_marker; 
    diag_log("DEBUG - MISSION AI MARKER DONE");
    [SAR_marker_SM7,3,2,5,"fortify",false] call SAR_AI;

(Just a snipped from a random script to show what I am relating to)

Any insight or point into the right direction greatly appreciated. No guarantee anything here is still correct, time's fast when it comes to scripting ;).

Sidenote as well:

As lots of Epoch servers use different kind of markers on their map to point out safezones or traders, I slightly changed the mission markers.

Im now using 2 markers per add_marker.sqf, one red grid-style and another on top of it as black outline with "Side Mission" as MarkerText.

Might be too obvious for most, but the black outline was already greatly improving the visiblity and making people aware of it being a side mission and not some sort of safezone.

Can supply the code if any interest, or you just might find out your own style.

Thanks for the great effort so far guys, keep it coming!

Quick Edit: Boat / Landing beach-head mission (Minor SM8) is utterly bugged and Ive removed it from the call in functions.sqf. The tent it spawns just ends up being awkwardly placed, most of the time somewhere in the water or below ground.

Yeaht that's what i was saying before but nobody cared haha, the mission are not really using sarga AI at all, I don't know who came up with the idea that setting the "sarge" variable to 1 had anything to do with spawning sarge AI units, it is just using it's own AI and should run without Sarge AI or DZAI or whatever.. that is why editing the sarge config won't change anything in the mission AI, you see that with the humanity boost handled in the bodyclean.sqf file or not using sarge skill or weapons.. maybe that it is supposed to be like this but the old mission system or EMS are not using Sarge AI for anything! :P

looks like the cleanup script isnt edited right?...

had this problem before too... when i looked into the vehicles gear and closed the gear again..... *ZACK*.... the vehicle was gone ^^

Yes thought about that aswell, but as far as i can see i've done it correctly, but i'll just post my code, so please have a look and tell me if im wrong :)

"	if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && ((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

@Menetekel,

Thanks for all the awesome feedback. I'll look into the theory that the AI aren't using Sarge, but I'm fairly confident that they are. The spawn me this you've proposed would be a neat way of doing it, only problem using that is you can't define AI load out easily. As it wants to reference the load out in the SAR_config.sqf file.

I'll mess around with it a bit and see what I can come up with.

@Axe Cop,

Sorry I missed that comment you made about SargeAI not actually being used. I'm going to look into this and see if there is a way to spawn a mission that actually uses SargeAI, or whatever preferred AI system the server admin uses.

This is something that will take a bit of time to develop, so don't expect any big changes soon.

@Axe Cop,

Sorry I missed that comment you made about SargeAI not actually being used. I'm going to look into this and see if there is a way to spawn a mission that actually uses SargeAI, or whatever preferred AI system the server admin uses.

This is something that will take a bit of time to develop, so don't expect any big changes soon.

I'll look into the theory that the AI aren't using Sarge, but I'm fairly confident that they are. 

The question is what are your missions doing with sarge? all you do is set the sarge variable on vehicles and supply crates like

_crate setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];

but at no other place I see any call to the Sarge AI in your code? Just wondering that might not be bad, but it's not using sarge :D

maybe Sarge AI has some internal function to take ownership of all AI units and control them, but I don't think it is that advanced ^^

@mimic it's ok, i'm just trying to understand and help you guys :)

Edited by Axe Cop