Good Server Hosts

Tang0

Hi, could you let me know what Game server Hosts you are using and how good you rate them, im using vilayer atm and the reliabilty is awful, my server seems to be down every week and its always the Host side that the problem is on , either hardware failing or control panel doesnt work or startup scripts fail to start server properly - they where ok at the start but now it takes ages for them to acknowlege tickets etc - your suggestions would be welcomed

I would highly recommend renting a VDS from NFO servers. Great performance and you are in complete control of everything.

Here is their order page https://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

The four core will be plenty for one server - I would recommend renting a 10gb ssd also to host your database on.

Can't go wrong just doing it yourself!

I've been with vert for about 18 months, they've been ok. I consider them to be the base level of what my expectations could ever be. I will not even go near vilayer just from reading the posts.

BigEgg's post intrigues me, perhaps that would be more practical than beefing my own internet up and hosting something myself. The bandwidth restriction "skeers" me though.

14 minutes ago, Mr White said:

I've been with vert for about 18 months, they've been ok. I consider them to be the base level of what my expectations could ever be. I will not even go near vilayer just from reading the posts.

BigEgg's post intrigues me, perhaps that would be more practical than beefing my own internet up and hosting something myself. The bandwidth restriction "skeers" me though.

A 50 man server won't go above 1-2 TB of data usage.

umm yeah vilayer cannot be compared to others.   its like comparing muscle cars to a honda civic.  its just not the same category lol

Vilayer is horrid.   I tried GTX also, you dont have access to the events in the database, they only provide backups once per day,...cough cough, if they can find the backups...

So now im on a dedicated box, full control. Its nice. 

Since i run 2 servers, they are both on the dedi. The cost is double whats GTX or vilayer would be. But about the same as NFO if you had 2 servers.

My box is a i7-4790k

240GB SSD

32GB ram

Anti DDOS

and located in canada..yes im canadian.  People from texas get 60's pings.  And there is many different nationalities that play on the servers, many...

all in all stay away from vilayer lol...i wouldnt allow anyone to pay ME to use them lol

9 hours ago, theduke said:

umm yeah vilayer cannot be compared to others.   its like comparing muscle cars to a honda civic.  its just not the same category lol

Vilayer is horrid.   I tried GTX also, you dont have access to the events in the database, they only provide backups once per day,...cough cough, if they can find the backups...

So now im on a dedicated box, full control. Its nice. 

Since i run 2 servers, they are both on the dedi. The cost is double whats GTX or vilayer would be. But about the same as NFO if you had 2 servers.

My box is a i7-4790k

240GB SSD

32GB ram

Anti DDOS

and located in canada..yes im canadian.  People from texas get 60's pings.  And there is many different nationalities that play on the servers, many...

all in all stay away from vilayer lol...i wouldnt allow anyone to pay ME to use them lol

OVH? How much does the windows license cost?

It depends where you are from, i was not able to buy a windows key from them.  I was lucky enough to have a friend that had a win 8 key kicking around.  yes its windows client, but it does the trick.