Looking for an Admin Tool

He-Man

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody can help me.

In the past, we used Infistar as antihack and admintool.

But because it seems to cause a lot of desync for us, we switched to the build in Admin Tool of Epoch.

Unfortunately, the Admin Tool has not nearly the functions like Infistar and we are looking for an alternative.

We are missing functions like

- lock / unlock Vehicles and Doors

- Fly (to enter Bases without an entrance on the ground)

- Reviving Player

- Show Mapicons for Plotpoles and AI

I have already searched, but I can't find anything.

He-Man

Infistar increases performance......

Not for us!

I have the direct comparison by switching it off and no more desync.

I do not talk about Server fps. I talk only about desync!

But thanks for this helpful post!

He-Man

I already testet it with ALL values to false and had also extreme desync.

But this should not be a discussion about Infistar itself. I'm looking for an alternative tool.

For a discussion about our desync with Infistar, I have already started a thread in the Infistar Forum.

I already testet it with ALL values to false and had also extreme desync.

But this should not be a discussion about Infistar itself. I'm looking for an alternative tool.

For a discussion about our desync with Infistar, I have already started a thread in the Infistar Forum.

you are right. good luck :)

Hi all,

Sorry if I'm late to the conversation, also I am posting this whilst shoe shopping with the lady so I'll keep it short.

InfiStar offers everything you need and if it's causing you issues its because you've miss configured it. Now you may what to say I am wrong but you'd be incorrect.

There are however some releases of infiStar that are buggy but for the most part it works fine.

Try and follow these steps to get you going:

Most importantly you need a test environment. If you have more than a few none friends playing on your server you'll want to test before live testing.

Be methodical! This step takes a fair amount of time when you first get going.

InfiStar doesn't offer "plug and play". You need to tweek settings depending on what mods you have etc...

Save every working version. Or at least the last 4 or 5. Looking over pervious working versions can really help.

Use winmerge, or something like it. I use it to compare the new version to the UNCHANGED/default old version.

The pevious step gives your your own change log and makes troubleshooting SO much easier!

If you have tried a release and it's not working for you roll back. If you've followed the last few steps you have a working one anyway.

I don't upgrade to a new release straight away! Test test test until you are happy. If not just skip that version.

Lastly contact me via the infiStar forums for help. I am more than happy to help and run test on my test servers if you want.

Ok that was longer than I'd hope. And we're still in the shoe store!

Mike