Help with welcome messages credits style

bFe

Question

21 answers to this question

Where did you copy "Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf"?

Script defaults to "compile\" folder.

I added it to my custom folder, and changed the text to custom instead of compile.

Didn't get any "missing script bla bla" when joining the server either.

If you still haven't figured this out;

For Day.st go unpack your dayz_mission.pbo

Or for Dayz Priv users log into ur FTP then go into the "Epoch" Folder-> Your Map Folder (ex. Chernarus)

open up the unpacked dayz_mission folder or Chernarus folder and put the messages in a folder named "custom"

In that folder create a new text doc named "Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf"

Open up the newley created text document and copy and paste this to it - 

https://gist.github.com/IT07/6210573

go back to ur init.sqf folder and add

[] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";

in between these two lines

if (!isDedicated) then {
	//Conduct map operations

So it looks like this

if (!isDedicated) then {
	[] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
	//Conduct map operations

After that you are done

you can edit the settings in the Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf file accordingly to the directions at the top of it. 

b_560_95_1.png

I am having problems on my server after adding this and the R3F Tow and Lift script in. People can get to locked cars, traders, safes, and can't self bloodbag. I have removed the tow and lift and am still having this problem if anyone has a soloution

b_560_95_1.png

Hi Turtle.

I can assure you that my script will not interfere with heli lift and tow script.

Check your fn_selfActions.sqf for errors.

Yeah posted this problem a while ago, didn't know anything about scripting and I totally put the files in wrong but it's been working fine since I fixed it.

The people that have issues with it did not install it correctly or they edited the files which broke the script.

It will work no matter what version of epoch you have. And I am using the infiSTAR Antihack too and it works fine unless you did not enable the "intro" option in the AH config.

Script not working on my Epoch Chernarus 1.0.4.2 server.

Tried running it without touching the code, tried disabling the other scripts we were running, tried changing the trigger event waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord")}, but all to no avail. No error message or nothing, the messages just don't show up when you log in.

Sucks pretty bad, script looks very good.

Tried running it without touching the code, tried disabling the other scripts we were running, tried changing the trigger event waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord")}, but all to no avail. No error message or nothing, the messages just don't show up when you log in.

Sorry mate, there must be something in your setup conflicting with my script.

I have tested the script on an Epoch 1042 server and it works.

What host are you using? I am using Survival Server and its not working on there at all. Got it installed correctly and its just not working.  I checked the ah config and i cant even find anything about "intro" at all in it, could there be something else stopping the code from working? I would really like to use this on my server.