bloody drones

markolna

How can you play this mod as a lonewolf when drones sprawn every 5 mins above you.Am just saying you cant camp an area to looking out or try to take someone out from distance, without a bloody drone sprawn above you all the time its just unplayable for a lonewolf to play this mod now..... 

Yeah i hate them things group playing or on my own. it's hard to find a server with them disabled as server pwners dont put it in there server name bar. if they did they would get alot more players as almost everyone i've ever spoken to about it hates them to.

I don't hate them, I only wish they gave me more time to take em down. usually I am preoccupied with something else until I get my bearings, I'm already down without cover. If you're ready for them, they can be quite easy, they move slow enough.

it's not that there hard. they have just been done wrong. i hate how they sit right above ya so you can aim up and shoot them. or soon as you hear a drone and go to shoot it and you find out the hard way that they swarmed right behind ya giving ya no chance. that's just the two main things i think are wrong with them. but you can find in other threads about this and see all the reasons players dont like the way they work.

I play on MGT and they don't have drones. Not long ago they didn't have any sappers either, but sadly they've brought them back in.

Drones wouldn't be too bad if they didn't spawn in the AI. If they just spied on you giving away your presence like the zombies did in A2 Epoch, then I'd be supportive of their presence in Epoch.

I do agree that they are a bit much and will be corrected in the next patch. That being said I'm a major lone wolf and have had little issue with drones. Just shoot them before they call the AI. Simple pimple.

I dont think drones are the only problem, i had 16 friends to play with on A2 epoch and A3 epoch when it first came out. now none of them play epoch anymore. only A2 epoch :o i'm still flying the A3 epoch flag

Raise that A3 Epoch flag. Many have come and gone. But yet the dev's are still here. These poor bastard's are still hard at it pushing content, update's and patches. Like A2 Epoch I waited patiently and was pleasantly surprised. I feel this will be no different. 

One of the problems is that they spawn in and move right to the player, right over them completely giving them away instantly. If they gave more distance from the player and could patrol for any players nearby, not just the one that triggered it, it would be golden imo. I still think they should be lowered a bit too. They shouldn't be that hard to take out, let alone impossible since they're too high above your head.

Funny, yesterday, I was having a lot of trouble at a trader, sapper after sapper, as a bit of noob I was fumbling around trying to kill these things.

However the 2 drones, were easy. The 1st I one shot with an SR25, the other cam close enough for me to spray it.

But oh man did they up the antagonists, I did not have time to drink a cup of friggin water out there lol

Yes with the 0.3 update some servers were almost forced to find how to remove the antagonists.

This was a performance issue that we were correcting, but are patiently awaiting the devs fixes so we can utilize them boss sapper and hovering cloakers

I personally didn't want to disrespect the mod by naming my server epoch antagonists removed.

so maybe other owners felt the same way I do.

One of the problems is that they spawn in and move right to the player, right over them completely giving them away instantly. If they gave more distance from the player and could patrol for any players nearby, not just the one that triggered it, it would be golden imo. I still think they should be lowered a bit too. They shouldn't be that hard to take out, let alone impossible since they're too high above your head.

Sounds like trying to balance a problem that does even need to be there in the first place.

Well I know when in a ghillie and laying down they flew around me but never give away my position

Well the way they seem to work is that they spawn in away from you and move to the location where you were when they were triggered. They don't seem to necessarily find you right away, especially if you move away from the spot where you triggered them. At least that's how they've seemed to me.