Question about the altis map

Buck Futter

something like... 

_buildings = 
[ 
    "Land_i_Shed_Ind_F"
]; 

_centerWorld =  getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition"); 

Coords = []; 
POS = []; 
_build = []; 

for [{_i = 0},{_i < (count _buildings)},{_i =_i + 1}] do 
{ 
    _build = _centerWorld nearObjects [_buildings select _i, 25000]; 
    _cnt = count _build; 
    hint format ["%1" + " : " + "%2", _buildings select _i, _cnt]; 
    sleep 5; 
    for [{_n = 0},{_n < (count _build)},{_n =_n + 1}] do 
    { 
        _bld = (_build select _n); 
        _pos = _bld buildingPos 0; 
        POS = POS + [_pos];
        _marker = createMarker [format ["%1", _buildings],_pos];
        _marker setMarkerShape "Icon";
        _marker setMarkerSize [1,1];
        _marker setMarkerType "mil_dot";
        _marker setMarkerBrush "Solid";
        _marker setMarkerAlpha 0.5;	
    }; 
}; 

It needs cleaned up i'm tired... sorry i'm no help 

if you intend to build a base in such house, just don't. Or at least cover all the ground and walls and roof but even if you do that, you base will have one layer at best, and it will be very very easy to get inside with 4 satchels even.

Really? Lol. That was exactly what I was planning on doing. Well shit I've since found an empty one and placed my jammer and a few concrete walls. Damn waste of materials. I thought since the latest update buildings are stronger?

Really? Lol. That was exactly what I was planning on doing. Well shit I've since found an empty one and placed my jammer and a few concrete walls. Damn waste of materials. I thought since the latest update buildings are stronger?

Building materials.. Not in-game buildings.

I would recommend making your own base.. In-game buildings can come down really easy. I suspect one satchel will bring the whole thing down and your vehicles inside will be history.

Just use it as a temp base till you get materials together to go build somewhere else.

I would recommend making your own base.. In-game buildings can come down really easy. I suspect one satchel will bring the whole thing down and your vehicles inside will be history.

Just use it as a temp base till you get materials together to go build somewhere else.

Good idea! That's what I'll do then. I thought for sure that would be safe

Yeah I had a base in a warehouse like that too, but it was on PVE server, so I had no worries at all. But generally it is bad idea to build bases in Altis buildings. However they have one advantage, they can be really concealed and hard to notice (unless you make a heli pad nearby or on top). So again, if you do decide to build, cover not only exits but everything else. Practically you have to build a house inside a house if you know what I mean. It has to have floors, walls and roof. But as I said, the problem is that the space is limited so your base will have only one layer of security. One wall down, and enemy will get inside.

Then again, for newbies it shouldn't matter that much as most fun is in building anyway.

Yeah I had a base in a warehouse like that too, but it was on PVE server, so I had no worries at all. But generally it is bad idea to build bases in Altis buildings. However they have one advantage, they can be really concealed and hard to notice (unless you make a heli pad nearby or on top). So again, if you do decide to build, cover not only exits but everything else. Practically you have to build a house inside a house if you know what I mean. It has to have floors, walls and roof. But as I said, the problem is that the space is limited so your base will have only one layer of security. One wall down, and enemy will get inside.

Then again, for newbies it shouldn't matter that much as most fun is in building anyway.

Yeah i've played since the mod first came out but I've always been solo. No one I know even owns Arma 3 so it gets lonely at times lol I don't like squeakers and immature people much since I'm an older guy my patience is thin Ha! It's hard to get teammates in game because it's usually KOS or a trap lol but yes the best part is building and finding loot. I'm either on the Pure servers or the BTK server so if there's anyone who plays on those hit me up. In game name is Buck Futter

if any part of your base can be reached by a player then it can be glitched into!!

if any part of your base can be reached by a player then it can be glitched into!!

Ever since I started playing A3Epoch I've learned to build off of top floors.  If they destroy the building they can't get up into the base.  There's ways around that, sure, but it's waaay easier to get into peoples' bases if they're ground level.