No balance in 0.3.1

IReeceI

been playing and grinding 0.3.1 since release !

We have found it to be so good but really lacking in action, Since bases have been made stronger and seems explosives made rare, It has taken out the action, Its really been turned into a massive PvE fest !

Attacking bases has actually become impossible ! Why did the devs no leep explosives at the same spawn rates and only make walls and jammers stronger ?

What needs to be done is explosives put back into the loot table and doors nerfed !

Apart from that 0.3.1 is great :) just really missing one of the most important factors :( Base raiding !

I personally don't understand how base raiding takes precedence when trying to have fun.  Base raiding while people are offline is PvP?  Not that I'm against base raiding, but these people that only take pleasure from base raiding while people are offline... just don't get it.  Trolling > PvP.

Your definition of balance and the dev's definition are different. They built a survival mod with base building and are giving the choice to the server owners how they want to balance. It only becomes PvE if you choose not to PvP. As for as hitpoints, they were increased because players stated it was too easy to take down walls. As far as admins setting the hitpoints, I do not know. But that would be a nice feature.

hitpoints would be a sweet addition! I didnt watch but Im guessing when axle was testing explosives yesterday that he was testing hitpoints etc... what with them being extremely high and inconsistent.

I haven't been able to catch streams lately. 3 Kids and a new toy... Then that's a good sign that they noticed and probably are making the adjustments needed. 

yeah i havent watched either with my 10month old... very little time to play either! :'( - im only guessing they noticed as theres a post around here somewhere that had a player and mike testing explosives on base objects and they were using over 20 satchels and not destroying cinder walls... kinda bugged indeed!

Doors should be easily blown up, Walls and jammers should be hard ! 

Playing 0.3.1 just requires people build 4walls and a roof ! Your then un-touchable !

All this base building is made useless by this :( Loved it before when you had to make it difficult for people to raid you ! Even if you were offline it would take them alot of resources to make t through ! 

I could place 6 shelfs easily on a flor and surround them by walls and a door = Epoch completed ! 

Always seems to be 1 step forward 2 back atm !

Your definition of balance and the dev's definition are different. They built ato you meant  survival mod with base building and are giving the choice to the server owners how they want to balance. It only becomes PvE if you choose not to PvP. As for as hitpoints, they were increased because players stated it was too easy to take down walls. As far as admins setting the hitpoints, I do not know. But that would be a nice feature.

What it seem's you were meant to say was ... "The communitys definition of balance and the dev's definition are different"

"It only becomes PvE if you choose not to PvP" Nope it becomes PvE when you make people untouchable when in base ! And have drones spawning at stupid rates (22 above my base the other day) The added amount of sappers is amazing tho ! 

"As far as admins setting the hitpoints, I do not know. But that would be a nice feature." It will be needed to keep the PvP alive ! 

What it seem's you were meant to say was ... "The communitys definition of balance and the dev's definition are different"

"It only becomes PvE if you choose not to PvP" Nope it becomes PvE when you make people untouchable when in base ! And have drones spawning at stupid rates (22 above my base the other day) The added amount of sappers is amazing tho ! 

"As far as admins setting the hitpoints, I do not know. But that would be a nice feature." It will be needed to keep the PvP alive ! 

I did not mean the community's as I can not speak for every server owner. As some have totally indestructable building parts. And with the drones and sappers that is also an adjustable option in the server configs to increase or decrease them.

yeah i havent watched either with my 10month old... very little time to play either! :'( - im only guessing they noticed as theres a post around here somewhere that had a player and mike testing explosives on base objects and they were using over 20 satchels and not destroying cinder walls... kinda bugged indeed!

Let's just hope they find a good balance of explosives that spawn and damage that buildable's can take.

Let's just hope they find a good balance of explosives that spawn and damage that buildable's can take.

I still think craftable explosives should be a priority.  It should debunk the argument and headache of THERE'S TOO MUCH vs THERE'S NOT ENOUGH.  If you want an explosive, you have to craft it.  Of course, then you have kind of the same issues of the ingredients for the explosives not spawning enough -vs- spawning too much... either way I think it would make more sense to take explosives out of loot table and force players to craft them, as well as more fun.  No?  I know, if anything that's down the road, should focus on issue at hand.  But I don't really see anyone discussing this, am I the only one that feels they should be craftable?

I love the idea of attach explosives to doors/walls/floors/vehicles :P

And while we're at it, STICKY NADES F@$K YEAH!

Eh landing a sticky nade would be rough in Arma, and it would probably be too buggy and laggy.. but if it could work, sweet jesus.  That's right, first Halo dork right here.

They built a survival mod with base building 

No.

I love the idea of attach explosives to doors/walls/floors/vehicles :P

I think there was a option on a lot of old arma 2 wastelandserver to stick c4 below cars and stuff. It was a nice way to open a baseattack and i would love to see it.

Often used like that : *Heavy snackbar warning* 

A sticky grenade like in halo would be awesome aswell.

No.

I think there was a option on a lot of old arma 2 wastelandserver to stick c4 below cars and stuff. It was a nice way to open a baseattack and i would love to see it.

Often used like that : *Heavy snackbar warning* 

A sticky grenade like in halo would be awesome aswell.

Feel slightly upset i never came across this :'(