Playwithsix update 0.3.0

Ramosxcix

PlayWithSix has updated Epoch to 0.3.0, but the server I play on is still the previous version until server files are released. It isn't letting me play not because I've updated. I've tried to select the version with playwithsix but it still won't allow me to play because the client is updated to 0.3.0.... Is there any way to fix this? Server files will be out in 1-2 weeks but I don't want to wait 2 weeks just to play again. 

and this is why having more than 1 version no matter what causes player confusion..

I have had to TeamView with 6 of my regulars as they though they had to update and then they could not play again.. More work for the Admin's..

not having ago just saying it like it is.

I agree, makes life very tough for us and the players. Lots of players play various different A3 mods and I don't think it helps build epoch players up in general when we seem to have this 2-3 week lull period of confusion where only a select few servers are running with the latest version offered by the launchers.

What would help is if the launchers didn't offer the latest client version until in general release. This way the more savvy gamers who know what they're doing with multiple mod version installs can still get the latest version from here and switch mod version depending on the target server.

Seems like every update is a 'start again' situation for us and the players.

I'm also not having a go, I know the mod is in alpha, just sharing the problem as we see it at GoG's World.

I never understood why people use PlaywithSix. It's so bulky and non-intuitive. A3 Launcher is great. It has the latest release (0.2.5.2) and it's easy to get the right files. 

download speeds is a big factor for some people.

also you can change versions on playwithsix to and has content that A3launcher dont.

the way servers are atm with server owners making there own custom mod pack that you can only get via there website/launchers. took me ages last night to find a good server that didnt need it's own unique mod pack :-(

download speeds is a big factor for some people.

also you can change versions on playwithsix to and has content that A3launcher dont.

the way servers are atm with server owners making there own custom mod pack that you can only get via there website/launchers. took me ages last night to find a good server that didnt need it's own unique mod pack :-(

It's playwithsix and the launchers that offer the most recent client files that are causing the problem. The A3Launcher is not offering it yet and I think that makes a lot of sense.

There are two ways to fix the problem of everyone getting lost in between versions and filling up every server's TS help channels and web support forums and that is to either:

• Release the server files to the community at the same time they are released to the official servers or,
  • Not have the recent client files available on any launchers until the server files are in general release

It's one or the other or, we'll have this problem for 2-3 weeks every 2-3 months.

It's playwithsix and the launchers that offer the most recent client files that are causing the problem. The A3Launcher is not offering it yet and I think that makes a lot of sense.

There are two ways to fix the problem of everyone getting lost in between versions and filling up every server's TS help channels and web support forums and that is to either:

• Release the server files to the community at the same time they are released to the official servers or,
  • Not have the recent client files available on any launchers until the server files are in general release

It's one or the other or, we'll have this problem for 2-3 weeks every 2-3 months.

i dont use launchers so none of this is a problem for me lol

mods updates when i say so :-)