Dayz Epoch v1.0.6 Test current bugs list.

RimBlock

I am currently working on merging in to Epoch v1.0.6 which may actually get released.

As I am going through I am hitting a number of bugs (usually minor) and so I will be recording them here as well as on the Git issue tracker.  Hopefully there is a wider audience here who may have some suggested fixes.

Currently seen
  1. Change clothes deletes the old unit before the player has switched to the new unit.  Suggest a check to confirm the player has been moved to the new unit before deleting the old unit.
  2. Can sell items even if you do not have enough slots available to accept the gold / silver etc.
  3. RedRyder pbo - See next post.
  4. Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
  5. Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\razor.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 214, 349, 208
  6. Wrong text element 'BR' <- No idea what is generating this one.
  7. Error: Bone leftshoulder doesn't exist in some skeleton 
    Error: Bone rightshoulder doesn't exist in some skeleton 
  8. About countdown timer still counts down after the abort button is enabled and clicked.
  9. Buildables deleting after 1 day with no DB events active and "CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1" in the HiveExt.ini

Will add more as I find them.  Please feel free to add others you have seen or provide suggested fixes here & on the Git.

If anyone wants to test, I have Epoch v1.0.6 plus a few community fixes that have not yet made it to the Epoch build on my Git (A Plot for Life branch).

If anyone wants instructions on how to turn the code to PBOS for testing then let me know and I will try to put a small guide together based on the workflow I am currently using (dedicated box and client on my home lan).

RedRyder issues.

Note: some of these could be to do with it being a new PBO etc or just the way I have  built it.  Modelling is really not my thing  :) .

Sample errors from the client and server RPT files.

Addon redryder (entry 350Rnd_BB_Magazine) not found in the list of active addons.
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
redryder
Warning Message: Picture z\addons\redryder\textures\bb_magazine_picture.paa not found <- File missing in Github
Warning Message: Picture equip\m\m_z\addons\redryder\textures\bb_magazine_picture.paa.paa not found <- File missing in GIthub
Warning Message: Cannot load texture addons\redryder\textures\bb_nohq.paa.  <- Looks like it could be wrong path in the rvmat file.  Testing.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture addons\redryder\textures\bb_smdi.paa.  <- Looks like it could be wrong path in the rvmat file.  Testing.
Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/Default.sections'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/Default.sectionsInherit'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning: z\addons\redryder\models\bb_magazine.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 0, 7, 6

11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.RedRyder'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine RedRyder with scope=private
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
11:23:39 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

Agreed.  Not really looking to fix other peoples mods myself though.  Got too much other stuff on  ;) .

Would have expected this to have been sorted before the RedRyder was pulled in to the Epoch Git.  I will probably just leave it out of my own build for now.

Yep, pretty much so.

The BIS tools that came out when A2 was around have a pbo maker (forget the name as I am on my mobile) which can be run from the command line. I have a windows batch file that runs it with the correct prefix for each of the pbo's I need to create (have two, one for server pbo and one for the client pbos) and the it copies the results get pbo's to the correct folders.

One click and all the client pbo's are repacked and installed and another for the server. The only real pain is the time it takes for the server to restart each time.

If you have an interest then I will post the batch file.

I have not tried with the latest pbo packer in the newest bi tools yet.

You might run into problem with those addons not found on github, since ones you will have will be running old version in their cfgPatches. This will prevent you from testing latest files, but there's a workaround:

find a dumbass version checker and open it with FSM editor that comes with BI tools 2.5:

GitHub\DayZ-Epoch\SQF\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm

Find both FSMs that link to version checks, right click their links and unlink them. Save .fsm and re-pbo, this will allow you to run pbos from 1.5.0.1 without errors.

edit: screenshot

Another bug that should be fixed with 1.0.6 is the one that stops position updates after being unconscious ( https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1522 ). Would be good to know if we can port over the solution from DayZ Mod.

a lot of code was already ported from dayz mod. In fact I believe 1.0.5 uses ton of code from by dayz 1.8*something-something*.

If in doubt, message awol or skaronator.

You might run into problem with those addons not found on github, since ones you will have will be running old version in their cfgPatches. This will prevent you from testing latest files, but there's a workaround:

find a dumbass version checker and open it with FSM editor that comes with BI tools 2.5:

GitHub\DayZ-Epoch\SQF\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm

Find both FSMs that link to version checks, right click their links and unlink them. Save .fsm and re-pbo, this will allow you to run pbos from 1.5.0.1 without errors.

edit: screenshot

Think they fixed it as I didn't need to disable the version check this time.

• 2 weeks later...