Rant, rant and why did you done this to us

MrInfro

Why?? Just why?

Why did the creator did so many bad changes? Here is the list what we( me and some other players on server/friends ) dont like:

- fog, desert storm : did you ever saw a desert storm on grass? not to much eh? And the FPS drop just sux

- no zeroing on lots of weapons : WHAT? why?? this is arma, we NEED zeroing or otherwise we will not hit ANYTHING. This is not call of duty, this is simulator. PLEASE, bring zeroing back

- new UI : man you are crushing me. The icons without borders are barely visible and thus, am going to die from low food/drink. Heck, I cant see it at all!

- low res textures on HOLO: another thing... what was wrong with the hd textures? It looked too good?

- throwing toilet paper : Oh yeeeeah, :D

No, seriously, this needs some looking into.

Sorry, if someone feels offended, I tryied to keep this as polite as possible.

Cheers

I think the intention is to make the Mod as bugfree and stable as possible. And for that its importent to remove some stuff to look, if its run better at every different server. So i think many things will come back later but the last update was a step to fix things with make problems

And to the Point with zeroing: There is always the System with the Mildots. Its not hard to understand and then very powerfull. Then you have a simulator

Why?? Just why?

Why did the creator did so many bad changes? Here is the list what we( me and some other players on server/friends ) dont like:

- fog, desert storm : did you ever saw a desert storm on grass? not to much eh? And the FPS drop just sux

- no zeroing on lots of weapons : WHAT? why?? this is arma, we NEED zeroing or otherwise we will not hit ANYTHING. This is not call of duty, this is simulator. PLEASE, bring zeroing back

- new UI : man you are crushing me. The icons without borders are barely visible and thus, am going to die from low food/drink. Heck, I cant see it at all!

- low res textures on HOLO: another thing... what was wrong with the hd textures? It looked too good?

- throwing toilet paper : Oh yeeeeah, :D

No, seriously, this needs some looking into.

Sorry, if someone feels offended, I tryied to keep this as polite as possible.

Cheers

I  think the new update is pretty good, and am extremely greatful that Zeroing has been removed. It made the DMR crappy IMO, same with the enfield.

As with the no border on the hunger/thirst bar - I haven't noticed a difference. Is your Gamma up super high?

I for one welcome the idea of being able to TP someones base too :D. I will agree about the dust effects, I feel the odd fps spike when they kick up.

Revoplay, good points. I can pass the looks for performance, but I see no point in removing the zeroing. I use milspec myself, but for longer distances I prefer ACOG sights. and without zeroing its really pain to shoot it. I dont like scopes whic I had to move up to hit something in the distance. Thats just Bullshit. In real world, shooter has to zero in, not move his scope like idiot.

lolism: why do you think that zeroing made dmr crappy? becouse you have to adjust the sights? DMR stands for "designated marksman rifle" not for "shoot like ass in CoD" feel the difference :) But I understand its your opinion :) So let the server/players decide which function they want to disable, not force on them decision of one guy. Thats my opinion for a change.

P.S. no ma gamma istn super high :) but I just dont like it, thats all :)

Revoplay, good points. I can pass the looks for performance, but I see no point in removing the zeroing. I use milspec myself, but for longer distances I prefer ACOG sights. and without zeroing its really pain to shoot it. I dont like scopes whic I had to move up to hit something in the distance. Thats just Bullshit. In real world, shooter has to zero in, not move his scope like idiot.

lolism: why do you think that zeroing made dmr crappy? becouse you have to adjust the sights? DMR stands for "designated marksman rifle" not for "shoot like ass in CoD" feel the difference :) But I understand its your opinion :) So let the server/players decide which function they want to disable, not force on them decision of one guy. Thats my opinion for a change.

We will be bringing the zeroing and iron sight mod back, it was removed for now as it was reported that it was causing inverted SD physics. Some of the border icons were corrupt and would not properly binaryize so I removed them and liked the way it looks without it so I removed them all. Tons of work has gone into this patch not even counting these few small changes you mentioned. The fog effect was added at the last minute as a test and was one single line of code and will likely be removed next patch.

vbawol: First of all, thx for reply. Second: We noticed that SD weapons behaved somewhat... bad :D Didnt know that its becouse the zeroing mod, thought that the zeroing is part of arma engine. And please, dont get me wrong, I love your mod, but the transition from the 1.0.2.4 to .5 looked, not so good. Am glad you took your time to read this. If you are aware of this, than its good.

I enjoy using the millidot method to get the distance and aim accordingly. Gives the gun more of a feel!

"In Real World" You don't use those sights by zeroing, you literally use them by aiming on the next dot. The ACOG sight is designed so that you can measure your range with the side to side bars, they line up with average shoulder width of a male at that range. You stick your sight over them, and the bar that is as wide as their shoulders is the one you use to line up your shot. Some scopes zero on the fly but many do not and those need to be set at a point. Removing the mod to fix the bug with SD weapons removed the fake zeroing that was given to a lot of guns that should not have had it. 

If it helps fix the SD bugs, than I can live with it. But, how can you say that sniper rifles dont use zeroing? Or are you saying that just the weapons which dont have zeroing dont have them anyway?

Only some Sniper Rifles have active zeroing. Things like the ACOG sight you see on the M164A in DayZ does not have active zeroing. Instead it uses a very quick and simple sight system to allow you to quickly determine range and fire without having to mess with your scope. The DMR is supposed to be much the same.

Take a look at this page to see which weapons in DayZ are supposed to zero and which are not. http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons Anything that says "No" on that table has a fixed zero point. Many are 300 but some are closer and further. More detailed pages sometimes show what the weapon is set at. 

Only some Sniper Rifles have active zeroing. Things like the ACOG sight you see on the M164A in DayZ does not have active zeroing. Instead it uses a very quick and simple sight system to allow you to quickly determine range and fire without having to mess with your scope. The DMR is supposed to be much the same.

Take a look at this page to see which weapons in DayZ are supposed to zero and which are not. http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons Anything that says "No" on that table has a fixed zero point. Many are 300 but some are closer and further. More detailed pages sometimes show what the weapon is set at. 

Merkules I think you have a point. I didnt know this, guess I was just used to it. Thx for clarifing it for me.

Merkules I think you have a point. I didnt know this, guess I was just used to it. Thx for clarifing it for me.

Yeah, I'll have to get back to using mildot and other ranging techniques again. I'm actually looking forward to it. My friend hates the SVD's scope but it too has a "range finder" built in. That swoop to the side?maxresdefault.jpg

That swoop allows you to figure out how far away they are by simply putting the solid bar under their feet and then moving until the curve touches their head. The lower curve is for crouching targets. You can quickly determine range and then use the chevron that corresponds to the range to line up the shot.

I like the idea of giving the server owner control over which features to turn on or off.  How difficult would it be to incorporate all the most common additions like self blood-bagging, Sarg AI, Tow / Lift etc.. ? Then simply have those options to turn on and off in the init ? 

Just curious, as every time you do an update I've got to add all those again from scratch as you sometimes change the entire format of something that prevents me from just merging files etc.  I already see that you're planning another update based on this recent feedback, so I'm probably not going to update my server again until at least 1.0.3.1 :p

We were thinking the same, skip this update and wait for a more bulkier one, but turns out this update is not so insignificant at all, we have reports of higher FPS from a number of players, the transparent wall bug which was very annoying is also gone, and for me personally very important - the ability to remove camo nets.

It is definitely worth it to go ahead and rewrite a few scripts for these features! The zeroing made guns less accurate now but thats a bonus if you ask me, before it was too easy to score a headshot from afar, and now - not so much :D

Can't please everyone, that's why the init file is your friend.  Gives more flexibility to test things, while giving people the option to enable or disable.  Options are always good...forcing things on people never works out...history teaches this lesson in life or in games.

Don't know what to tell you bro, maybe it's the settings people use or whatever, but we had 3 different people report this to us, and for me and another admin it's also a bit faster.
We have an FPS counter on our debug monitor for all players, so they can check this easy, in towns or in the woods...

I think the FPS boost thing is a placebo effect.  The devs mention they've done something to improve FPS and you convince yourself there's an improvement in FPS.  They said that about 1.0.2.4 , but I actually noticed a decrease as did many others.  This was before I put on my modifications.  Funny thing is that I use this trick with my web design clients, I tell them that something I've done will improve access time and page refresh, or some shit like that and they actually get back to me and say "I can't believe how fast my website is loading since you made those changes.." lol, God bless the art of suggestion :D

That is true bro, however i did check it out yesterday, my FPS used to be around 25 -30 in cherno, now it's around 40 to 50ish, that's a pretty obvious change if you ask me, could be something else tho, since i play around with my options now and again, but 3 other players and an admin? Highly suspicious i say! :D

That is true bro, however i did check it out yesterday, my FPS used to be around 25 -30 in cherno, now it's around 40 to 50ish, that's a pretty obvious change if you ask me, could be something else tho, since i play around with my options now and again, but 3 other players and an admin? Highly suspicious i say! :D

When you figure out what it is you tweaked to get 40 to 50 fps , let us all know.  I'd be happy to get my laptop past 20fps these days :D