Rant, rant and why did you done this to us

MrInfro

i7 920, 24gig 2000mhz ram, and two ati crossfire 5770, kingstone hyperX SSD

The NSA are coming over later to discuss you loaning the rig to their computational sciences arm.

I have not noticed a frame rate rise, but it could be noticed numerically by people checking that stat constantly in some overlay or debug addon. I have noticed a frame rate hit whenever I see the new "ground clouds". Nothing earth shattering, but noticeable.

Dont hate because I dont have fps issues.

Son I'm not hating you, far from it, but you need to consider the possibility that not everyone is in your situation, with your hardware. Not everyone can upgrade theirs at a moments notice and when it is required it usually comes at an expense.

my cpu is almost 5 years old. im running an old phenom ii x4 955 black edition. my gpu is just a 7850 sapphire 2gb. 12gb ram. nothing special. just sayin, my old rig has no issues with fps.

have you tried making tweaks to get more fps? I use ram rush and razor game booster to squeeze out more fps.

on chenarus epoch I get about 30fps with max settings, on my epoch caribou I get 50fps with max settings.

Dont hate because I dont have fps issues.

Firstly, don't patronise me with your "buy a better pc" nonsense, because everybody knows that Arma isn't the most optimised game on the market.  Secondly when you're talking about upgrading a pc for a game like Arma, you're going to want to consider the GPU not so much the CPU (possibly more memory too, maybe!).  Funny how I can run other high end graphics games with no lag issues, try to remember that it's not always the pc that's at fault .. 

Btw, im just being a realist, if your rig can't handle the game, then what's the common sense thing to do? Upgrade your rig or demand the devs downgrade the game so you dont have to upgrade? This is pc gaming, its the nature of the beast that you'll have to upgrade eventually to keep up with gaming.