Pay2Win

BaDg3R

ignoring something is a dissadvantage? In your current fiscal situation it would be an advantage.

Ohh look, i see  a DLC heli hundreds of metres away, shit now im disadvantaged.

BINGO! you've finally got it. If the server didn't have the DLC, that chopper would be a stock one from the core game, and I'd be able to fly away in it. 

It took a while, but we got there eventually. 

Regards.

No it wouldn't.................Have you seen how the spawning of vehicles work? in the config files? No it wouldnt be a stock heli that you'd stumble across in the exact same location.

// vehicles - Max vehicle slots is calculated from per vehicle limits below. Warning! Higher the number lower the performance.

vehicleLockTime = 14400; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.
allowedVehiclesList[] = {
{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",15},
{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",15},
{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",15},
{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",15},
{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",12},
{"C_Rubberboat_EPOCH",3},
{"C_Rubberboat_02_EPOCH",3},
{"C_Rubberboat_03_EPOCH",3},
{"C_Rubberboat_04_EPOCH",3},
{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",20},
{"C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",19},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",5},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_police_EPOCH",5},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_rescue_EPOCH",5},
{"B_Heli_Light_01_EPOCH",5},
{"B_SDV_01_EPOCH",15},
{"B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",10},
{"B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",11},
{"B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",12},
{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",11},
{"B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",11},
{"O_Truck_02_covered_EPOCH",12},
{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",11},
{"O_Truck_03_covered_EPOCH",11},
{"O_Truck_02_box_EPOCH",11},
{"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_EPOCH",5},
{"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_EPOCH",3},
{"I_Heli_Transport_02_EPOCH",5},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_EPOCH",5},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_EPOCH",2},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_box_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
{"jetski_epoch",5},
{"K01",2},
{"K02",2},
{"K03",2},
{"K04",2},
{"ebike_epoch",10},
{"mosquito_epoch",3},
{"B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F",5}
};

You are in no way disadvantaged! How many times does it have to be drummed in to you? The vehicle would not spawn in if you removed the DLC heli, all that would be done is that vehicle class would not spawn, it wouldn't instantly spawn a non DLC heli in that exact same position, why do you have to be so much hard work? Why can't you grasp it? The only disadvantage is something your mind is creating, it comes from no where, it's you getting upset about others getting to fly content they paid for and you havent paid for. Whats worse is you're trying to justify your shite argument on this imaginatory disadvantage you keep bangin on about.

So no, we havent finally gotten there, as you havent finally grasped how it works and how you choose to make it a drama by simply not choosing to ignore the DLC helis.

That code means nothing to me, as I don't understand it.

If the dlc is turned off, that chopper in my scenario, that I was unable to fly away in, wouldn't be there, right?

You're saying a stock chopper wouldn't be in its place. I'll have to take your word on that. Fair enough.

But I understood that a server owner would set the vehicle spawn number, thus meaning that the same amount of vehicles would spawn, regardless of dlc. So, wrongly maybe, I would expect the server would spawn a vehicle in place of our imaginary example dlc chopper. Maybe not in the same place geographically, but in its place numerically.

So, the fact that the dlc chopper isn't there, means that no fucker can have it, which equates to more of a level playing field...in my opinion.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain to this dude?

Simple, you are trying to say you'd rather not play on a server with ANY DLC content and created yet another thread on these forums to whine about another part of Arma3 that you are unhappy with.

That says to me you want to play A3 vanilla-as-it-was-released - no dlc's, no extra feature's - You want to say goodbye to Karts, Heli's, Bootcamp, VR,  Firing from vehicles, logistics & sling loading, various other features and content you currently utilise that are provided by Bohemia for FREE as parts of these DLCs.

I would list all of the DLC extra's that you currently enjoy for free, but this is another one of these whine/cry/carebear threads that has gone on for too goddamn long yet again.

Get over yourself already.