Pay2Win

BaDg3R

lol as soon as I noticed that karts and helicopters from DLC are in I got so irritated. Why would admins do that? But then again, I finally bought DLC bundle so that those stupid messages won't bother me anymore.

You crumbled to their underhand tactics. 

As for why admins do that, I don't know, but I personally think the question should be addressed to the devs here. A skeptic would suggest that they're trying to please BI by putting in these items only available through DLC, in order to stand a better chance of winning the Arma3 competition. 

A non skeptic would say they put in these purchasable items to please the players that wanted the DLC karts and (out of place for the mods theme) racing cloths/helmets and of course the DLC choppers. Now that is completely understandable, as if you buy something, you will want to get use out of it, right? But to Hell with the kids that can't afford the DLC stuff; but hey, fuck em, Dislexy or what the fuck he's called says you can still use the stuff, you just can't operate it. 

So that's my take on it. 

Yeah. By the way, what's up with the Epoch servers where there is context menu where you can DISABLE grass? I forgot which server it was, but only now realized how stupid it was, I mean, why even bother sniping if the other person can turn off the grass that is already almost non-existent on Altis and see you prone in a bush? I hate such admins with a passion. Earplugs and such are all ok. It does not affect others. But disabling grass? Wow. It is like making all buildings transparent to save some FPS.

You crumbled to their underhand tactics. 

haha maybe. But I just had the money to waste. After all, I was waiting for some sale to buy helicopters anyway, but now that I have them, I see that this DLC is completely useless exept you can operate few more helicopter models and race with carts, wow such awesomeness... I see it as a donation to Bugemia Interactive, not some product that I bought and will use (unlike with Arma 3 game itself).

But to Hell with the kids that can't afford the DLC stuff; but hey, fuck em, Dislexy or what the fuck he's called says you can still use the stuff, you just can't operate it. 

So that's my take on it. 

You can't afford $25? That is a trip to the movies, dinner at a nice restaurant with a drink, a shirt, half a pair of jeans or shoes, 3 packs of cigarettes, or a delivered pizza. 

You can't afford $25? That is a trip to the movies, dinner at a nice restaurant with a drink, a shirt, half a pair of jeans or shoes, 3 packs of cigarettes, or a delivered pizza. 

Can't afford $25, but can afford nets to sit and spin shit DITS about a DLC content that he isn't being forced to buy, doesnt impact his playing, and in the grand scheme of it has about zero impact on his gaming experiance. If you want to have things that others do, then pay the dollars. Or don't. If you hate that they added them in to the game, then play another game.

If admins want them in their servers, then thats their perogative, you don't pay their bills do you? You have zero say on it. if you dislike this then play on another server or begin your own.

why i think its non of your buisness to know if their server is populated with dedicated, "p2w" or donator players or not,

play on their servers and it will be the most fun youll ever have. these people keep up the players on epoch making the gaming experience unique. if you like it donate to keep server up for as long as you can. Why would you expect anything in return,isnt he giving you a nice rig to play on.?

Keeping servers cost time of your days to keep up to spec? or do you host for mimimal spec and want theif peoples money?

People who see P2W and moan, they are just gelous because their servers have zero bec they have website with an item mall bec thats what they think populated server do. even admin tools (AH) will put a lot of people off (Admin Abuse)spying on people)

like you guys have mentiond you have a playerbase who come back and support your adventure. from game to game

If you ant a 100-200 playerbase remove your admin hacks and item malls run vanilla and run a server for 4-6 year

remove ingame advertisements and spamm messages of DONATE <<< this puts me off.... just joined and see this PFFF

My idea

report server with any advertisement of donate or free gear

I can afford it, just can't justify it in my current financial predicament. 

As I've already said, I am not against chargeable DLC, I just think server owners should be able to omit them. I've been recently told on here that server owners can leave them out if they choose. 

I play with with about 5 people, and all of us do not have the DLC. That tells me that some server owners are missing a trick... "no DLC on this server, all vehicles are available to ALL players".

Can't afford $25, but can afford nets to sit and spin shit DITS about a DLC content that he isn't being forced to buy, doesnt impact his playing, and in the grand scheme of it has about zero impact on his gaming experiance. If you want to have things that others do, then pay the dollars. Or don't. If you hate that they added them in to the game, then play another game.

Here in England we have a saying...............what a load of bollocks.

He in England we have a saying...............what a load of bollocks.

That's right, respond to the post in a constructive adult way, well done. Dry your eyes. How does you not paying for DLC and others having DLC impact your gaming? Because he gets to fly a virtual helicopter that looks different than yours? How does it impact your playing? I know how it impacts people here, they have to read your god awful crying about it.

You just seem mad because people are getting something you arent, you remind me of a child who sees another child with a toy, so he throws a tantrum because hes not got the same. You can buy the package like anyone else can, they arent stopping you from purchasing it.

They arent forcing you to purchase it either.

I eagerly await your next post that avoids responding like an adult.

This is really easy to explain...

I see a spawned chopper in the distance, I run to it, realise it's a DLC, then run off all sad because I can't have it.

If there were two servers of equal population, one with DLC and the other without it, I would choose to play on the one without it, so as to avoid the scenario I gave above.

You should try omitting DLC on your servers, you may attract some players.

This is really easy to explain...

I see a spawned chopper in the distance, I run to it, realise it's a DLC, then run off all sad because I can't have it.

If there were two servers of equal population, one with DLC and the other without it, I would choose to play on the one without it, so as to avoid the scenario I gave above.

You should try omitting DLC on your servers, you may attract some players.

So really it doesnt impact your gaming experiance at all, you just get butt hurt because i have a toy that you want but dont have. Gotcha!

And i think I'll give my players that want the ability to fly DLC choppers that right, if they choose to purchase the pack.

I also give my players the ability to ignore them that don't want to fly them.

So instead of bleating about it on here, take the effort to find a server that suits your needs. Or you can continue to cry about it and feel sad that their heli looks different than yours.

So really it doesnt impact your gaming experiance at all, you just get butt hurt because i have a toy that you want but dont have. Gotcha!

And i think I'll give my players that want the ability to fly DLC choppers that right, if they choose to purchase the pack.

I also give my players the ability to ignore them that don't want to fly them.

So instead of bleating about it on here, take the effort to find a server that suits your needs. Or you can continue to cry about it and feel sad that their heli looks different than yours.

My scenario had no mention of you or anybody else; it did however mention a spawned, available DLC chopper that I was unable to claim.

I do play on a server with DLC, as there is no alternatives running without DLC. There's only a handful of populated servers to choose from because the game is clearly flawed. If it was any good, it would be far more popular than it is. I do however want to stick by Epoch through this development, as I bloody well loved the mod on Arma2. Hopefully the devs will continue to listen to their playerbase, which in turn will improve the game.

These forums are for discussion, debate, and feedback, which is exactly what I'm doing. You have no place to tell me not to engage on these forums, but you're more than welcome to keep challenging my arguments, insinuate that I'm like a spoiled child, and call me a wanker.

My scenario had no mention of you or anybody else; it did however mention a spawned, available DLC chopper that I was unable to claim.

I do play on a server with DLC, as there is no alternatives running without DLC. There's only a handful of populated servers to choose from because the game is clearly flawed. If it was any good, it would be far more popular than it is. I do however want to stick by Epoch through this development, as I bloody well loved the mod on Arma2. Hopefully the devs will continue to listen to their playerbase, which in turn will improve the game.

These forums are for discussion, debate, and feedback, which is exactly what I'm doing. You have no place to tell me not to engage on these forums, but you're more than welcome to keep challenging my arguments, insinuate that I'm like a spoiled child, and call me a wanker.

No but you expect servers to cater to your singular needs rather than a larger player base.  You are like a petulant spoiled kid and is agrivated because you can get something and someone else can. You can get it, pay for it like others. They do listen to the player base, they just dont listen to a 1 man band bleating on about helis.

Please bold and qoute my words that call you a wanker please? If you're going to try and insinuate that I'm calling you a wanker, please point it out where i have used that word? A spoiled brat yes, a cry baby, yes. Have I called you a wanker? NOPE.

Would you like to throw more words out there that i havent used and claim i have?

I recon you should go mass message the makers or ArmA3 and post your concerns about you wanting their DLC packages removed, because you don't like them, and that they should then refund the money to everyone that has paid them for the ability to fly a digtial helicopter that looks different to another. Saying that though, i doubt your sadness is going to warrant them doing it. QQ

Back on topic, what the admins should be more concerned about is giving a clear definition of this rule. Because i see plenty pay to win server owners with signatures advertising their servers.

1. No item mall or donor shops allowed. We will remove any post/signature related to advertising for a server that is selling in-game items.  More info

Please bold and qoute my words that call you a wanker please? If you're going to try and insinuate that I'm calling you a wanker, please point it out where i have used that word? A spoiled brat yes, a cry baby, yes. Have I called you a wanker? NOPE.

Is English not your first language, sir? If not, I can try and write in a more simplified manner.

I wrote that you're welcome to call me a wanker, as names don't hurt me, particularly over the internet. I never said you had called me a wanker. 

No but you expect servers to cater to your singular needs rather than a larger player base.  You are like a petulant spoiled kid and is agrivated because you can get something and someone else can. You can get it, pay for it like others. They do listen to the player base, they just dont listen to a 1 man band bleating on about helis.

No, I've never said such a thing. I am saying I would prefer servers without the DLC. Even a choice would be nice, instead of no choice.

Ahhh so you're clairvoyante enough to know what I'm going to call you in later posts. You are amazing. Where did you learn this skill?

Well I don't know what to say, but, well....thank you.

My whole point is that I would like a choice, and I have a few points that strengthens my argument, one being that there are surprisingly quite a lot of players without the DLC, but they're not being catered for. I don't expect to be catered for, but I honestly believe that some server owners are missing a trick by not offering a DLC free server. I don't think that that alone will bring in the crowds, but I certainly do believe it will help. 

Look, we're going around in circles here. I wish you and your servers all the best, and please, feel free to call me a wanker.

Why do you not get this YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE. Dont play on servers with DLC.

Have a good day and remember to hand back my hankerchief, washed preferably.

Jesus fucking Christ, lol. 

Can you show me a populated server without the DLC? An underpopulated server isn't an option for me, thus, it isn't a choice...for me.  

You have a choice... every server has more than just DLC choppers :)

Indeed, there are other helis on a server, he chooses to run to the DLC and get sad QQ

Jesus fucking Christ, lol. 

Can you show me a populated server without the DLC? An underpopulated server isn't an option for me, thus, it isn't a choice...for me.  

Banging my head agaisnt a brick wall. You have a CHOICE, You CHOOSE to run over to a DLC heli and you CHOOSE not to purchase the package. You CHOOSE to not ignore them!

Indeed, there are other helis on a server, he chooses to run to the DLC and get sad QQ

Banging my head agaisnt a brick wall. You have a CHOICE, You CHOOSE to run over to a DLC heli and you CHOOSE not to purchase the package. You CHOOSE to not ignore them!

Can you not see that this puts me at a disadvantage? Forget about me having the choice of buying the DLC for a moment. I accept I have the choice to buy it, even though I can't justify buying it as stated earlier, which is a personal, real life matter.