Self Blood bag for epoch

sickwit

Okay, i found the self blood bag for epoch that everyone uses and when i put it on my server i could not use the traders it would not let me open up the trade options to trade with them.

I'm almost sure its somthing to do with fn_seflActions.sqf

Here is the thing my server provder for this is http://www.dayzpriv.com/   On that note there is no fn_selfActions.sqf in my Missions folder.   I dragged and droped one that someone had created.

So im asking if someone can make a good legit tutoral on how to get self bloodbags works for beginners.  I run epoch 1.0.2.3 and hope to run 1.0.2.5   No clue when i will get to update as my provider refuses to update at this time.

Iv tryed this also...

What i really need is a full tutoral cuz when i do get it working i cant trade with traders still using that... so can someone please give me full tutoral.

Every website iv been on opendz or w/e to any other only have half tutorials and its crazy.

ugh those are incomplete though

Where exactly do i add the info on fn_selfactions.sqf at?  what line?

// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------
    _mags = magazines player;

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
    if ("ItemBloodbag" in _mags) then {
        hasBagItem = true;
    } else { hasBagItem = false;};
    if((speed player <= 1) && hasBagItem && _canDo) then {
        if (s_player_selfBloodbag < 0) then {
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
        player removeAction s_player_selfBloodbag;
        s_player_selfBloodbag = -1;
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------

Is that the right code?

Heer is my first 30 lines of the file

scriptName "Functions\misc\fn_selfActions.sqf";
/***********************************************************
    ADD ACTIONS FOR SELF
    - Function
    - [] call fnc_usec_selfActions;
************************************************************/
private ["_isWreckBuilding","_temp_keys","_magazinesPlayer","_isPZombie","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_hasFuelE","_hasRawMeat","_hasKnife","_hasToolbox","_onLadder","_nearLight","_canPickLight","_canDo","_text","_isHarvested","_isVehicle","_isVehicletype","_isMan","_traderType","_ownerID","_isAnimal","_isDog","_isZombie","_isDestructable","_isTent","_isFuel","_isAlive","_Unlock","_lock","_buy","_dogHandle","_lieDown","_warn","_hastinitem","_allowedDistance","_menu","_menu1","_humanity_logic","_low_high","_cancel","_metals_trader","_traderMenu","_isWreck","_isRemovable","_isDisallowRepair","_rawmeat","_humanity","_speed","_dog","_hasbottleitem","_isAir","_isShip","_playersNear","_findNearestGens","_findNearestGen","_IsNearRunningGen","_cursorTarget","_isnewstorage","_itemsPlayer","_ownerKeyId","_typeOfCursorTarget","_hasKey","_oldOwner","_combi","_key_colors","_player_deleteBuild","_player_flipveh","_player_lockUnlock_crtl","_player_butcher","_player_studybody","_player_cook","_player_boil","_hasFuelBarrelE"];

if (TradeInprogress) exitWith {}; // Do not allow if any script is running.

_vehicle = vehicle player;
_isPZombie = player isKindOf "PZombie_VB";
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);

_onLadder =        (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

_nearLight =     nearestObject [player,"LitObject"];
_canPickLight = false;
if (!isNull _nearLight) then {
    if (_nearLight distance player < 4) then {
        _canPickLight = isNull (_nearLight getVariable ["owner",objNull]);
    };
};

//Grab Flare
if (_canPickLight and !dayz_hasLight and !_isPZombie) then {
    if (s_player_grabflare < 0) then {
        _text = getText (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> (typeOf _nearLight) >> "displayName");
        s_player_grabflare = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_medical_15",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\flare_pickup.sqf",_nearLight, 1, false, true, "", ""];

Where do i put the player_selfBloodbag.sqf file at?

When people make tutorals they make them as if everyone has been doing this for quiet some time... there are quiet a few new people like myself that just find tutorals missing so many steps its insane...

Copied right from the self-bloodbag thread on opendayz:

Installation Instructions For existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and fn_selfActions.sqf:

Open your dayz_mission.pbo

Create a new folder called Scripts in your dayz_mission.pbo and add my player_selfBloodbag.sqf to the custom folder you just created!

Copied right from the self-bloodbag thread on opendayz:

Installation Instructions For existing custom dayz_mission.pbo and fn_selfActions.sqf:

Open your dayz_mission.pbo

Create a new folder called Scripts in your dayz_mission.pbo and add my player_selfBloodbag.sqf to the custom folder you just created!

Now heres my thing iv done this didnt work... My question on that is...  I can't see this working because you do not put anything in ur ini file about reading the scripts folder player_selfbloodbag.   Its making no sense to me in any ways

Iv done all these steps and tryed many things its not working...  Why im asking someone to please make a full tutoral explaining stuff so i can better understand.  I guess my learning curve is a little slower and i would like to fully understand everything and htere is no tutoral out there explaining a simple script like self blood bag and everyone keeps pointing to other tutorals that only partiacal.  for someone that uses the script on an epoch i would really love them to make a tutoral for people to read and understand better.   All these scripts are only half of what you need to do and its quiet complex and can get confusing going from one tutoral for a third of what you need to another for the second party and another for the final part.  In there they don't always have everything you need. 

here is what i know, You have 4 files... Locations of these files all differ (each tutoral says place in a differnt place)   Each tutoral also tells you to edit differnt linese in your inif file, fn_selfactions.sqf, and compiles file.  Which on that note dont make any sense.   So to help me and many other people like me, im begging someone to please make an easy full tutoral for people to read.  I really would appricate this.   I'm not quiet a full fledge noob.  Iv added a few scripts that are basic but just dont understand how you can have file differnt install ways for 1 script and no one makes a full tutoral to explain anything.

On that note can someone make a full tutoral or at least tell me with my code above where i need to place stuff in the files

// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag Start------------------------------------

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"Scripts\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
        };
    } else {
    };
// ---------------------------------------Krixes Self Bloodbag End------------------------------------

Is that the right code?

ADD ACTIONS FOR SELF
    - Function
private ["_isWreckBuilding","_temp_keys","_magazinesPlayer","_isPZombie","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_hasFuelE","_hasRawMeat","_hasKnife","_hasToolbox","_onLadder","_nearLight","_canPickLight","_canDo","_text","_isHarvested","_isVehicle","_isVehicletype","_isMan","_traderType","_ownerID","_isAnimal","_isDog","_isZombie","_isDestructable","_isTent","_isFuel","_isAlive","_Unlock","_lock","_buy","_dogHandle","_lieDown","_warn","_hastinitem","_allowedDistance","_menu","_menu1","_humanity_logic","_low_high","_cancel","_metals_trader","_traderMenu","_isWreck","_isRemovable","_isDisallowRepair","_rawmeat","_humanity","_speed","_dog","_hasbottleitem","_isAir","_isShip","_playersNear","_findNearestGens","_findNearestGen","_IsNearRunningGen","_cursorTarget","_isnewstorage","_itemsPlayer","_ownerKeyId","_typeOfCursorTarget","_hasKey","_oldOwner","_combi","_key_colors","_player_deleteBuild","_player_flipveh","_player_lockUnlock_crtl","_player_butcher","_player_studybody","_player_cook","_player_boil","_hasFuelBarrelE"];

_onLadder =        (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgMovesMaleSdr" >> "States" >> (animationState player) >> "onLadder")) == 1;

_nearLight =     nearestObject [player,"LitObject"];
_canPickLight = false;
if (!isNull _nearLight) then {
    if (_nearLight distance player < 4) then {
        _canPickLight = isNull (_nearLight getVariable ["owner",objNull]);
    };
};

//Grab Flare
if (_canPickLight and !dayz_hasLight and !_isPZombie) then {
    if (s_player_grabflare < 0) then {
        _text = getText (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> (typeOf _nearLight) >> "displayName");
        s_player_grabflare = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_medical_15",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\flare_pickup.sqf",_nearLight, 1, false, true, "", ""];

When people make tutorals they make them as if everyone has been doing this for quiet some time... there are quiet a few new people like myself that just find tutorals missing so many steps its insane...

AGREED! no offence to some people but when somoene asks for help as they are a newbie , saying put xyz in the compiled xyz and make it a packed blah de blah... honestly doesn't help. i myself am struggling with installing scripts and i dont understand 60% of the stuff i read that is mean to help :l i know it is not just me aswell

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
        };
    } else {
    };

Is that the right code?

ADD ACTIONS FOR SELF
    - Function

// Krixes Self Bloodbag
        hasBagItem = true;
            s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color="#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"fixes\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", "];
        };
    } else {
    };
_nearLight =     nearestObject [player,"LitObject"]; _canPickLight = false; if (!isNull _nearLight) then {     if (_nearLight distance player < 4) then {         _canPickLight = isNull (_nearLight getVariable ["owner",objNull]);     }; }; //Grab Flare if (_canPickLight and !dayz_hasLight and !_isPZombie) then {     if (s_player_grabflare < 0) then {         _text = getText (configFile >> "CfgAmmo" >> (typeOf _nearLight) >> "displayName");         s_player_grabflare = player addAction [format[localize "str_actions_medical_15",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\flare_pickup.sqf",_nearLight, 1, false, true, "", ""];

Pasted the code used on my epoch server into your first 30 lines, copy it to that exact place inside a fresh fn_selfactions.sqf file. 

Now make a folder inside your missionfile called fixes, inside this place the player_selfBloodbag.sqf file also place your modified fn_selfactions.sqf in here. You still seem to be missing a custom compiles.sqf for your custom fn_selfactions.sqf to load from. So extract the compiles.sqf from the init folder (inside dayz_server.pbo) and open it up, look for the line containing

fnc_usec_selfActions =		compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf";		//Checks which actions for self

change this into

fnc_usec_selfActions =		compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_selfActions.sqf";		//Checks which actions for self 

Place it inside the fixes folder with the self_bloodbag and selfactions files.

Final step is to open up your init.sqf and change the line reading

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions

into

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions

save everything and restart your server should work fine :D

How you do with ftp etc when you have a hired host i have no idea since i have always had a private server ran by myself so dont ask about that :P

• 1 month later...

Could someone post a download link of the player_selfbloodbag.sqf located at http://opendayz.net/attachments/player_selfbloodbag-sqf.1380/?? Their forum registrations have been down for a week so I've been unable to download! Thanx in advance

http://www.trainwreckdayz.com/forum/m/17222243/viewthread/9135218-krixes-self-blood-bag-script-epoch/post/last

pay attention that have changed name of folder , work fine 1.0.3.1 , need registration for download files

• 2 months later...

I know all severs are different, but should the fn_selfActions.sqf be so different?

My fn_self file has the following codes at the top.

Private
["_mags","_hastinitem","_canPickLight","_text","_driver","_hasRawMeat","_isFuel","_menu","_isHarvested","_isVehicle","_isVehicletype","_isMan","_ownerID","_isAnimal","_isZombie","_isDestructable","_isTent","_isStash","_isMediumStash","_hasFuel20","_hasFuel5","_isAlive","_canmove","_isPlant","_rawmeat","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_hasFuelE20","_hasFuelE5","_cursorTarget","_hasbottleitem","_primaryWeapon","_currentWeapon","_hasKnife","_hasToolbox","_onLadder","_nearLight","_canDo"];

The newest fn_self that I see at GitHub has the following:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf

Private
["_isWreckBuilding","_temp_keys","_magazinesPlayer","_isPZombie","_vehicle","_inVehicle","_hasFuelE","_hasRawMeat","_hasKnife","_hasToolbox","_onLadder","_nearLight","_canPickLight","_canDo","_text","_isHarvested","_isVehicle","_isVehicletype","_isMan","_traderType","_ownerID","_isAnimal","_isDog","_isZombie","_isDestructable","_isTent","_isFuel","_isAlive","_Unlock","_lock","_buy","_dogHandle","_lieDown","_warn","_hastinitem","_allowedDistance","_menu","_menu1","_humanity_logic","_low_high","_cancel","_metals_trader","_traderMenu","_isWreck","_isRemovable","_isDisallowRepair","_rawmeat","_humanity","_speed","_dog","_hasbottleitem","_isAir","_isShip","_playersNear","_findNearestGens","_findNearestGen","_IsNearRunningGen","_cursorTarget","_isnewstorage","_itemsPlayer","_ownerKeyId","_typeOfCursorTarget","_hasKey","_oldOwner","_combi","_key_colors","_player_deleteBuild","_player_flipveh","_player_lockUnlock_crtl","_player_butcher","_player_studybody","_player_cook","_player_boil","_hasFuelBarrelE","_hasHotwireKit","_player_SurrenderedGear","_isSurrendered","_isModular","_ownerKeyName","_temp_keys_names","_hasAttached","_allowTow","_liftHeli","_found","_posL","_posC","_height","_liftHelis","_attached"];

Do I need to add this to mine? This is for the next update 1.0.4.2a. My server is running 1.0.4.2.

Just a little strange how much more code in the Private section.

Blood bag is working the way I had everything, but nothing else as far as the scroll wheel goes, and yes I followed all the other instructions.

thanks

FrenzyFire000

• 1 year later...

You know ive been reading these forums for the last 48 hours now trying too help my friend who is making his own Epoch server through Vilayer, and i have too say, i am quite aggravated with these posts, because not all the server files for every server is even remotely identical, because for example Vilayer.com files DO NOT have any file anywhere that contains the Fn_SelfActions and so forth, there is no such file paths in ANY tutorial that leads too this because Vilayer DOES not have these file paths.

People need too stop assuming that EVERYONES files are the same Because every host has different files than each other, Also Vilayer Does not have DayZ_Server.pbo at all, this is non existent in vilayer.

So for the love of everyone's damn sanity if you know EXACTLY how too set something up for Vilayer please for the love of all that is holy show exactly what the correct Vilayer path is, because all these tutorials don't even show anything for Vilayer period, and all the Vilayer Tutorials are completely out of date.

If people seriously thinks everyone's files are 100% the same with different hosts i'm going too pull my damn hair out, because me and my buddy just want too get our damn server running and stop with this scripting hell hole, because quite frankly its starting too P us both off.

Epoch now has a built in Self-Blood bag function. Just add DZE_SelfTransfuse = true; into your init.sqf inside your mission file.

Also, you cant blame other people for not knowing your sever hosters file setup. I use to use vilayer and I know it's in there somewhere, just keep looking.

Sounds like something you need to take up with Vilayer rather than necro posting a random rant.

Considering Vilayer Doesn't set scripts up for you at all?

Maybe before you try and cut me down go look into stuff before you comment about something you know nothing about. Thought the point of these forums was too HELP everyone, and seeing as your a moderator highly doubt its part of your job too cut people down, because they are sick and tired of everyone beating around the bush and not getting too the point.

Epoch now has a built in Self-Blood bag function. Just add DZE_SelfTransfuse = true; into your init.sqf inside your mission file.

Also, you cant blame other people for not knowing your sever hosters file setup. I use to use vilayer and I know it's in there somewhere, just keep looking.

it's just irritating that people auto assume everyones files are the same, and they don't seem too grasp the fact they are explaining something that is NA to what you need.