Weapon Damage issues.

choppra

This might just be an ARMA3 thing but I noticed the weapon damage is sometimes all over the place.

I hit someone from 500m with a M107 in the chest and he ran away.  (confirmed he took damage but it didnt kill him).

4 Shots from a Rahim to go down from about 200m.

5-6 Shots from a Mk200 at about 200-300m

Anyone else experience this?

Anyway the Devs can address this type of problem or is it purely an engine issue?

It's incredibly bad. It's happening on a nightly basis. I can see myself drifting away until all this is sorted.

The revive problems are fucking game breaking too.

Same here. I had to shot almost 100 bullets to an AI in front of me, literally, to kill him with a mk200 :/ For the revives I didn't have any problems with it in another server but in the current one it just doesn't work at all, makes multiguns almost useless

They have raised the health for some reason in Epoch vs vanilla ARMA I do not like it either should not take that many 7.62 hits to stop someone.

A .50 should alway´s kill if it´s a hit though, have never failed for me. Kill a lot of people by shooting them in the arms and legs. How did you confirm the damage on him?

They have raised the health for some reason in Epoch vs vanilla ARMA I do not like it either should not take that many 7.62 hits to stop someone.

A .50 should alway´s kill if it´s a hit though, have never failed for me. Kill a lot of people by shooting them in the arms and legs. How did you confirm the damage on him?

My friend got hit (not sure where, but assuming arms or legs) by an M107 (not sure of the distance, but we heard the shot) and lived, but his damage was 0.99XXXXX. Amazing he didn't die. 

Never had issues with the .408 and 12.7 and one shot kills, in fact with the 12.7 I've put one round through the passenger door on a hunter and killed the passenger and driver.

With 7.62, 6.5 and lower calibers I've have wildly varying results, however you can't base any conclusion on just regular in game time.   If you really wanna come to a conclusion on how it behaves in epoch then it should be tested properly on a server, I'm talking distance, angle, etc....all things that you may not take into account in the heat of the moment.

My friend got hit (not sure where, but assuming arms or legs) by an M107 (not sure of the distance, but we heard the shot) and lived, but his damage was 0.99XXXXX. Amazing he didn't die. 

Yeah I´m only using the Lynx, dont trust the m107 at distances and have also heard about varieble damage from it.

Can´t believe they still have in the mod considering the huge bug where it sounds the same at 10m as 800m, really really nasty bug to me.

Another horrible incident of flower bullets resulting in my death. I saw the buck that the characters do when hit, twice. I was using a Zafir at 100 metres, the guy was on some ladders.

If it was a hack, desync or due to the PATHETIC damage settings, the result is the same.....the game isn't worth playing.

The feeling of WTF was incredible, but yet all too familiar.

AWOL & co, you need to do what you can to make it so if you're shot, you're fucked, like what would happen if a real gun shot you. I understand there needs to be a critical point, but I feel it needs lowering dramatically.

It's just dawned on me...health turned up to withstand minor traffic accidents and small falls etc, but as a side effect it has made players pretty robust when it comes to a bullet.

I'm figuring you haven't or can't differentiate between bullet damage or damage suffered falling over a caterpillar?

Am I close, or am I a million miles off?

I hope that a new damage/health system is in the works and have some priority really not a fan of the one in Epoch or vanilla Arma. Altough I have killed people with .45 pistols and head/critical shots but 5.56 seems almost useless.

Breaking Point´s is ace on that point and if you can get something close to that it would be awesome.

all that they did was buff health just a tad so if you die from someone it means they out shot you, weapons weren't changed from what i know

Not sure I agree on one point. I have a 5.56 and someone else has a 6.5, and I hit 100% with no head shots and they do too, do I die first even though I shot just as well as they did?

IRL, a 5.56 will kill just as easily as a 6.5 all things being equal.   Testing on this needs to occur in game.   One thing I've never gotten an answer for is if the plate carriers armor has any effect...again something to test.

Not sure I agree on one point. I have a 5.56 and someone else has a 6.5, and I hit 100% with no head shots and they do too, do I die first even though I shot just as well as they did?

IRL, a 5.56 will kill just as easily as a 6.5 all things being equal.   Testing on this needs to occur in game.   One thing I've never gotten an answer for is if the plate carriers armor has any effect...again something to test.

Clothes and armor does indeed have protective abilities. Check out this video, explains a lot about A3's damage system and its weirdness:

While the information in that video was nice, it seems like the same thing could have been said and shown in 3 minutes. :)

tl;dw

Bullets can graze you, different body parts have different hitpoint meters, different pieces of clothing items will partially block the damage, and a FAK will never put you back at 100% for each body type.

IRL, a 5.56 will kill just as easily as a 6.5 all things being equal. Testing on this needs to occur in game. One thing I've never gotten an answer for is if the plate carriers armor has any effect...again something to test.

That's the point of having different weapons. If they all killed you at the same time then why not use a .22 and fuck the lynx

And also if you shot him in the head you would be killing him first, and therefore a better shot. Vests do have armor and their stats are on the wiki.

That video is beneficial and is a must watch. But it spells out to me that the ridiculous scope sway has too much impact on events.

If as a player you pride yourself on your field work in game, but lose out to your prey because you shot his ear off due to scope sway, instead of emptying his skull, then there's something fucking wrong.

If we're going to have intricate hit points, then at least give us a Fucking better chance of hitting them.

That's the point of having different weapons. If they all killed you at the same time then why not use a .22 and fuck the lynx

And also if you shot him in the head you would be killing him first, and therefore a better shot. Vests do have armor and their stats are on the wiki.

Because of ballistics and philosophy of use, that's also an extreme example.  a .22 should kill up close with correct shot placement, lynx...well we know what that can do.  

I've seen a 5.56 FMJ ammo go through a 1/4" steel plate and then 6" into ballistics gel at 200yards.   Maybe I'm wanting more realism, but the choice of the player should be, what shooting distance, what are the types of intended targets (humans or vehicles), weight / carrying capacity, magazine capacity.   For instance m320 or Lynx?  first, m320 has 7 round mags, less reloads if it gets hot.  Is it and the ammo lighter?...not sure haven't tested it.  Am I likely to be encountering any vehicles?  Might wanna take a Lynx with AP rounds.  Am I gonna be shooting at 2km?  yeah well then lynx it is