Couple of issues after playing Epoch for 2 weeks

NikoS

Hello there, first of all i want to say thanks to dev team, Epoch adds to DayZ so much fun! Unfortunately i came across few logical issues:

Locking safe while other player is nearby. Last night me and my team mate were upgrading our base when suddenly we heard the noise coming from woods. It was two HMMWV GPK M2, going straight to us. Both of us quickly ran to lock our safes but we couldn't as message "Vault can't be locked while nearby is other player" (or something very similar) kept appearing. As a result, both of us died while trying to lock safes and we lost over 40 10oz gold bars, over 20 guns and so on :( We had tagged each other as friends and i can't think off any logical explanation for such "security" checks when locking safes.

30m plot poles. First of all, they are way too expensive. Building a base takes enormous amount of time and buying new plot pole for 6 10oz gold bars! after every time you die is just *ouch*. Secondly, they really could disappear after you die, now at base we have a nice "garden" of plot poles.

Black Market guns. Most of guns you can buy at Black Market are mid-low end (Saiga, VSS, M8*, Mk17 Sniper SD etc) and "regular" traders selling stuff like M107, DMR, MK48 Mod 0, G36K and such. Shouldn't it be other way around?

Spawning as a zombie. While idea of playing as a zombie sounds interesting in reality everyone just asking other players to kill them so they can spawn as survivor again... In two weeks i haven't seen a single player being a zombie for longer than 5 minutes.

Trader towns and security. Smelting gold/silver bars and buying items takes some time  and bandits, unfortunately using this to kill other players. It ain't right. In real world scenario such trader towns would have well armed security or something. On some servers you can't shoot other players in trader towns (disabled bullet damage), but then they just simply trying to run over you with a car or taking all gear from your vehicle and you can't do anything...

Lockable vehicles and gear. After locking a vehicle, gear in it should be inaccessible to other players as in real world you wouldn't be able to access stuff that is locked in a trunk.

Other then that i'm really enjoying Epoch so far, thank you guys!

PS. sorry for my broken English.

French ?

- 30m plot pole : Tu peux mettre le prix que tu veux dans la base de donnée moi j'ai mis a 5 Gold 10Oz

- spawning Zombie : C'est cool moi j'ai bien rigoler apres certes c'est relou si tu joue tout seul. Tu peux le faire sauté en modifiant une partie du code serveur (ou direct dans la base si ça t'arrive)

- Black Market et Trader : Tu mets egalement ce que tu veux comme armement dans la base

- pour le stuff dans un vehicule c'est un bug effectivement relou :( mais je pense que c'est corrigeable

English (My bad)

- 30m plot pole : In DB you can make the price you wanted, on my private server i've put 5 Gold Oz10

- spawning Zombie : It's really cool, if you doens't want this effect you have 2 choice , first go in DB and mod every infected 1 to 0, seconde i think you can find the variable in SQF to commented her.

- Black Market et Trader : you put the price AND weapon you want

- For Locking vehicle and styff, it's a bug, then i think it's fixable .....

NOX the ZEDS (FRENCH)

For the safe issue, I think it applies whether you're tagged friendly or not.  One of you needs to stay 40 (if I remember correctly) meters away while the other locks, then swap.

As far as trading/smelting goes, you can move to cancel the action and defend yourself.

Towns will never have "Safe Zones" Unless some creative/purpose driven system can be added. There will be no "Magic Bubble" to save you from the bandits. The point of the mod is to encourage "Team Play" or Squad based playing. By this we would hope that you and your friends would work together. When heading to a trader city would be smart enough to.... Clear the city and it's limits before entering, have a good plan as to what business you have to conduct to make things faster, and GTFO before bad things happen. I know this works because we have done it before. Even if we lose a player or two, the bandits usually get the "Shit end of the stick". Honestly all we lose is a few outfits and some time as we have to pick up the people who died.

Having 40 10oz gold bars in your safe and then complaining about just 6 to buy a plot pole is kinda silly if you ask me. However, we "Might" be adding a feature to counteract losing your plot pole after death. It will probably work close to the same way keys work. As in, if you place a plot pole down you will get a "Deed" This deed can be kept in your safe or on your person. So if you die you will be able to get your deed back and reclaim ownership over the plot of land. This is not set in stone and can be changed at any time if we feel it needs it.

Black market weapons are not finalized and will probably have weapons shifted around accordingly.

Playing as a Zombie if great fun on full servers with loads of people playing on the coast. Besides most people that want to play as a zombie are just bored of the average bump and grind and looking for a change. But I do agree with you. Most players that don't choose to be a zombie just want to die so they can continue on with their quest for riches and glory.

As for player safes, I think it's a great idea that if you tag friendly it shouldn't matter if they are near. You can obviously trust them. At this time it's a dupe prevention addition. Until a better way can be found this will be apart of Epoch. I do understand that it can be troublesome but it helps keep the playing field level.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope you can understand why we are doing these things. Please leave any feedback you can because we do look at it and try to come to a compromise so players can enjoy the mod even more.

Ken.

Perhaps adding objects in or around the city to block lines of sight around the fireplace for exemple can balance this side of the game.

So, yes in DayZ nowhere is safe but I also think that we spend much time to gather goods to sell in cities and being headshot by a sniper while being in the selling contextual menu is baaaaaaaaaad !

Balancing with some scenery stuff would be great.

Perhaps adding objects in or around the city to block lines of sight around the fireplace for exemple can balance this side of the game.

So, yes in DayZ nowhere is safe but I also think that we spend much time to gather goods to sell in cities and being headshot by a sniper while being in the selling contextual menu is baaaaaaaaaad !

Balancing with some scenery stuff would be great.

This is what I was thinking.  Some of these towns are just too easy to shoot long range from, or to hide in a bush and get an easy shot.  Well placed barriers will be an immediate solution to the long-range shot problem. 

Fact is most bandits aren't after our stuff, they just want to ruin your progress.

• 2 years later...

The safe thing... agreed... most of your other points.  Strongly disagree

30m plot poles. First of all, they are way too expensive. Building a base takes enormous amount of time and buying new plot pole for 6 10oz gold bars! after every time you die is just *ouch*. Secondly, they really could disappear after you die, now at base we have a nice "garden" of plot poles.

too expensive? they need to be more expensive. The game is not about acquisition. (are you Ferengi?) Its a PVP survival game.  

Trader towns and security. Smelting gold/silver bars and buying items takes some time  and bandits, unfortunately using this to kill other players. It ain't right. In real world scenario such trader towns would have well armed security or something. On some servers you can't shoot other players in trader towns (disabled bullet damage), but then they just simply trying to run over you with a car or taking all gear from your vehicle and you can't do anything...

in real life, you would be shot in the face during an event like this.  "Protected trader area(s)" depends on the server owner.  Take it like a good novel, how things roll depends on the writer of the story. People (the DayZ/Epoch) community seem to think that PVE is the better way to go.  Society - no words for it.  Should be one protected area, the rest should be a free for all.

Lockable vehicles and gear.....

Look at like this, just because you lock your vehicle in real life does it mean anything inside of it is 100% safe? no.  I never consider a locked vehicle safe in-game or out. Rules to live by in DayZ:

1) Never rush into a trade area, always wait, wait a bit more and see where people are.  If a trade area is high volume area, go to another one and wait. Patience and situational awareness (being aware of what is happening around you at all times) goes a long way to helping you survive.

2) I always have a safe or something lockable away from any area I might call a "base".  This way if you are going to "base up" you can slowly introduce items into the base (somewhat safer).

your safe incident could have been avoided. How? one person runs out to engage the incoming bandits and lures them away from the base while the other locks the safes.  if there is a problem, use it for a positive outcome the next time. There is always a solution to any problem (eventually).   DayZ - you die. You lose stuff.  Its part of the game.