Earplugs for vehicles...

Angrygargamel

Question

Hi&Hello...

i tried to implement this little but functional earplug script on my epoch server...

i have tried 3 different variants now... but the mousewheel actions never show up

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26624

any suggestions?

who doesnt know what this script does...

when you fly in a heli you cant understand anything of the VON or teamspeak unless you turn the ingame volume down

this script does this for you instant... put the earplugs in... sound is lowered to x percent

take the earplugs out... sound is back to normal

Like any odd problem or idea, it would still be great if the solution was posted here for those who do a simple google search and might only end up here only to find that everyone knows but nobody said where from. 

i have posted the link to this when i made the post... so what exactly cant you find now?

You can simply use the internal sound volume system we added 

CTRL and - or +

Use this as he said. Takes 2 seconds to do this, I also use the auto volume plugin for TS so when someone is speaking, it automatically lowers the volume of the game by whatever percentage I set it to.

@rsxownes; @Havoc302

well... your comments are very helpful.... NOT...

i dont want to fiddle around with any settings here and there when the final solution is so close and easy... and i dont want to re-invent the wheel... again... its enough when the devs do this all the time ^^

and i dont want to buy a new headset... wtf? are you serious?

@rsxownes; @Havoc302

well... your comments are very helpful.... NOT...

i dont want to fiddle around with any settings here and there when the final solution is so close and easy... and i dont want to re-invent the wheel... again... its enough when the devs do this all the time ^^

and i dont want to buy a new headset... wtf? are you serious?

Fiddle around? You literally set the auto volume on TS once, after that it is automatically applied when someone talks. The internal sound volume ctrl -/+ method is if you want even more additional sound dampening when you need it. 90% of the time the auto volume plugin is enough and works perfect.

I think Angrygargamel is right, it should be searched for a solution so that the script of the link is working on the first page.

For alternative he has not asked but he asked how to get to run the script.

I find the sound of the helicopters and cars too loud and they bother me and many other people from my clan.

why is everyone missing the fact if you lower you volume your lowering every sound .I just want the loud ass vehicles  not to be so loud

This is why we currently use other methods, until then we have to be patient and see if this will be adjusted or if there will even be an option added. Keep testing for bugs and report them and kindly request things in the appropriate threads.