Fog/Sandstorm effect 2.5 update

FFDP

Any screenshots/videos of this?

Haven't updated my server yet. just saw new update is out. We were trying to get ground fog to work on our test server, but that one opendayz script is bugged.

Wish Epoch had ground fog like Breaking Point. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

I havent seen it in game yet. I cant seem to find anything about it in the files either.

If its just a lite effect, and not intense like the video I found, is it possible to intensify the effect? Id like to make this effect powerful on my server. Be a great stress test as well.

Option to enable, disable and customize is what we're asking.

It's a very minor effect and nothing like the video. I didn't notice any performance differences. Actually with the new update I gained an insane amount of frames personally.

:D We are happy to see posts like this.

Well it hit few of my coplayers on FPS levels. 10 frames drop is common. And when you dont have decent machine anouch, that means drop to 25 FPS, and thats not good. It would be great if it could be disabled.

If you are getting that low of FPS It's probably one of the addons you put in. Like the ingame admin control panel does it for one. When playing on a properly setup server I never see below 45fps.

If you are getting that low of FPS It's probably one of the addons you put in. Like the ingame admin control panel does it for one. When playing on a properly setup server I never see below 45fps.

Axle, Apolloz said he was going to moan at you about the sand effect ;)

We're finding that players with AMD gpu's are not being effected, but those with Nvidia cards are, they're getting a noticeable fps drop when the sand cloud wafts by.

I'm just curious what effect you people are talking about. The only new thing I noticed are these little puffs of white smoke that go by occasionally, but no local fog effect...

Bloody annoying is what it is. It's like it was created by the same people who created that dancing monkey toy with the symbols. Nobody wants it but it was put in anyway.

Take this pointless frame rate sucking annoyance out PLEASE.

I finally got to see it in game. The effect is weak. Looks ok. Wish it was more intense and more dense. I didn't lose any frames from it, and no one from my servef has lost any frames.

People will complain about anything though. Like when we set out servef view distance to 1m to have that spooky atmosphere, players bitch and moan nonstop till we set it back. Ive even heard people whine about thunderstorms in game.

This effect doesnt affect my fps at all. Im all for leaving it in.

I don't see why players are having problems with this. In the server that i play on the update actually gave me a huge fps boost while playing in-game and the little dust clouds do nothing to my fps. It has to do something with your guy's addons that you have installed on your servers.