NPC's are empty on new server?

ivor84

• 3 weeks later...

But you can easy make an script that updates the database :)

I just made one so I could get food, drinks and building mat in the shop

itsatrap, I don't have database access (yet) from my GTXGaming host. So I download dump.rdb and mount it locally to make database changes. I updated every trader with building material using the following update command: SET AI_ITEMS:8204:4 [["CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","PartPlankPack"],[255,255,255]] My problem is that when I upload the database file back on my server, my traders still have nothing in their pockets. Is there a trick I need to do to commit my changes or something?

My Redis service is supposedly stops when server stops. So I would upload the updated dump file and then start the server. But there is no change for traders. Maybe 250 * 3 units of construction materials is too much for them to hold? I'll try with a smaller amount...

My problem remains. Whatever manual changes are done to the database, are not saved.
I'm following these steps:
I would shut down the game server. Copy dump and append file to my PC via FTP. I would mount the database by copying the files to Redis\data folder and I would start Redis service. I open the database using Redis Desktop Manager. I would execute BGREWRITEAOF command in the console first to apply all pending changes from the append file. Then I would make my changes (e.g. add constructions materials to all traders). I would then issue "shutdown save" command in the RDM console. This commits all changes and stops Redis service. I would then copy the updated database files back to the server and start the game server. Once in the game, I do not see any of the construction materials I added in trader's pockets.
It seems to me that I may be missing a step or the database changes somehow remain uncommitted at some point.
I appreciate any hints you can provide.