Using ruby's as a currency

DutchDevil

Question

18 answers to this question

can you expand on that please fr1nk?? 

ie: what file needs to be modified?

i an trying to add a few unique items to the traders with a unique item so only detonators with a certain magazine can purchase them, :D

It's not "a file", it is "afile"

it is in the database under traders_data

what Fr1nk is saying is. you need to add _old to the trader insert like this....

INSERT INTO `Traders_DATA` (`item`,`qty`,`buy`,`sell`,`order`,`tid`,`afile`) VALUES
('["ItemEmerald",1]', 100, '[10,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[10,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0,702, 'trade_items_old')

note the _old 

'trade_items_old'

'trade_weapons_old'

what Fr1nk is saying is. you need to add _old to the trader insert like this....

INSERT INTO `Traders_DATA` (`item`,`qty`,`buy`,`sell`,`order`,`tid`,`afile`) VALUES
('["ItemEmerald",1]', 100, '[10,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[10,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]',0,702, 'trade_items_old')

note the _old 

'trade_items_old'

'trade_weapons_old'

^ what Calamity said

note the _old 

'trade_items_old'

'trade_weapons_old'

This to me looks like you're selling the ItemEmerald for gold. I could be wrong I am VERY new to this. I am also looking for a way to use gems as a currency. For example: I would like to make the BRDM2_INS buy and sell for 2 Topaz gems. Is what you posted the correct way to do that as well?

Sorry If this seems silly to you, but like I said I am very new.

Would this work?

class BRDM2_INS {

type = "trade_any_vehicle_old";

buy[] = {2,"ItemTopaz"};

sell[] = {1,"ItemTopaz"};

};

yes

ChickenPrism, on 22 Dec 2014 - 1:38 PM, said:This to me looks like you're selling the ItemEmerald for gold. I could be wrong I am VERY new to this. I am also looking for a way to use gems as a currency. For example: I would like to make the BRDM2_INS buy and sell for 2 Topaz gems. Is what you posted the correct way to do that as well?

Sorry If this seems silly to you, but like I said I am very new.

Would this work?

class BRDM2_INS {
        type = "trade_any_vehicle_old";
        buy[] = {2,"ItemTopaz"};
        sell[] = {1,"ItemTopaz"};
    };

Here is my gem trader if anyone needs it. Prices may not be to your liking.

class Category_770 {

class Mi171Sh_rockets_CZ_EP1 {	type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {12,"ItemEmerald"};  sell[] = {6,"ItemEmerald"};};
class BAF_Apache_AH1_D {      	type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {12,"ItemSapphire"}; sell[] = {6,"ItemSapphire"};};
class AH1Z {			type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {12,"ItemCitrine"};  sell[] = {6,"ItemCitrine"};};
class AH6J_EP1 {		type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {10,"ItemAmethyst"}; sell[] = {5,"ItemAmethyst"};};
class Mi24_D_TK_EP1 {		type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {10,"ItemCitrine"};  sell[] = {5,"ItemCitrine"};};
class T72_Gue {			type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {10,"ItemSapphire"}; sell[] = {5,"ItemSapphire"};};
class T90 {			type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {10,"ItemRuby"};     sell[] = {5,"ItemRuby"};};
class BTR90 {			type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {12,"ItemEmerald"};  sell[] = {6,"ItemEmerald"};};
class BAF_FV510_W {		type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {10,"ItemAmethyst"}; sell[] = {5,"ItemAmethyst"};};
class LAV25 {			type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {12,"ItemSapphire"}; sell[] = {6,"ItemSapphire"};};
class BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_W {	type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {8,"ItemTopaz"};     sell[] = {4,"ItemTopaz"};};
class BRDM2_ATGM_INS {		type = "trade_any_vehicle_old"; buy[] = {8,"ItemCitrine"};   sell[] = {4,"ItemCitrine"};};
};

if you're using the mission side config trader files with single currency, just add the gems to the traders, you dont need to do anything fancy at all. Add them like a regular item.

At least for Souls version that is not correct. It will simply ignore the gems and still ask for coins

At least for Souls version that is not correct. It will simply ignore the gems and still ask for coins

I am using souls, and it is completely correct, as my traders both buy and sell gems.

class ItemTopaz{
	    type = "trade_items";                 
		buy[] ={1000,"Coins"};
		sell[] ={1000,"Coins"};
       };

class ItemObsidian{
	    type = "trade_items";                 
		buy[] ={1000,"Coins"};
		sell[] ={1000,"Coins"};
       };

class ItemSapphire{
	    type = "trade_items";