Good PC i think.... getting bad performance..

sabre909

Hey all im getting far too much freeze and stutter i think for my current rig..

Dual core 3.4ghz

16 gb ram

gtx 560ti 1gb

Does anyone have a very similar rig want to share thier video options settings and any command line parameters that work well for them? im trying all kinds to not much progress

Dual-core and a 560ti isn't a good PC, sorry and no offence.

I'd be amazed if that GPU gave you over 15 FPS.

Cyber Monday tomorrow or the January sales, treat yourself :)

Whats wrong with a 560ti

I run one and i get easely frames.

I think i have the same cpu like you (Core i3 4130 2x3.4) but i got a gtx 780 and i got like ~50-60FPS but the freezes you write in your first post i have too and many players/friends on my servers have way better rigs then mine and also got those freezes, i think they come from battleye as they startet from 0 to 100 after an battleye patch and getting better/worser with every update.

As far as i know is ArmA very CPU consuming, so a Dual-Core isn't the best.

If you garphiccard isnt the best the CPU will try to solve it by work more and more.

So you've to spend money for a new Processor and Card.. buddie it's 2014 there are alot of chipsets cheap out there.

Dual-Core Intel or AMD?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Arma 2 only uses 2 cores.. stutter etc .. most likely the server playing on .. and the bandwidth they have ..

I have played on lots of servers.. some very bad stutter .. others almost none .. some of it is ai and missions spawning in .and if the server is using a i3 and running dayz and the data base on the one machine that will drag it down as well..

i5 servers can run all on one box.. one of the other cores picks up the load from data base, better yet .. have db on a separate server/pc   ..  that is just the dedicated self hosted .. then you have the hosted that are running virtual servers.. maybe over selling the servers.. or not enuff bandwidth to handle the traffic.

You still have all the stuff running on your personal pc .. stuff in the taskbar .. stuff running in the back ground .. spyware/ malware is a big cause of slowness over all on a pc.. as well the brand of anti virus software,, norton and mcafee are both resource hogs .. I use free Panda cloud av .. works great very low resources.. scanning for spyware monthly helps alot .. again best free is a spotbot search and destroy .. as well as malware bytes.. both have free and paid versions .. free works just as well . but only runs manually .. which is better .. no sucking resources  mem and clock cycles.

Oh and on my personal machine I play dayz with .. I run a i5 3.1ghz  8gb ram and a gtx460 and I get on a " good server " My Server Sure :D   .. upwards of 60 even 90 fps  .. of course in big towns,, you are always gonna drop way down .. but still it shouldn't effect game play.