Better Optimize machine settings (Mysql/basic.cfg etc)

Sandbird

Question

The thing is that lately with more people in...i got some serious desyncs and delays....Like 2min waiting for a car to spawn at the traders.

I've been trying to tweak everything that has to do with network/mysql settings....

I got a monster server from hetzner

Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 v3
Quad-Core Haswell Hyper-Threading-Technology
32 GB ECC RAM
1 GBit/s-Port
200 MBit/s max guaranteed 

and i have MYSQL 5.5 installed.

Now, my various questions are categorized :P

MYSQL

Because i dont know this setting....has anyone used the my-huge.ini instead of the my.ini ? And if yes, dont you have to add stuff to it ?

I mean for example, there is no character-set-server=utf8 setting in it ?

BASIC.CFG

This has been beaten to death in other threads...i know, and from what i see...there is no 'standard' settings even for the same type of machine and network capabilities....It also depends on the number of Objects in the database and number of scripts and the above MYSQL settings....which is why i have to break this in some subcategories

Scripts

• When we say number of scripts...does that mean (besides scripts that run in a while loop)...scripts in general ? Like the actual size of the mission.pbo ?
    Someone suggested to move the files to the server....How is that going to affect anything ? The scripts are still there...why would it help on desyncs and stuff. And does it really matter if i have a ton of scripts that are NOT so system resources hogging monsters ? Things that are not active all the time but activated when needed and then exit ? Something like the players_build.sqf

Database

• Objects in the database.....Currently i have 9500 objects in the db.....which is nothing...compared to the 20k i had on the last server. Which are more problematic ? Buildings or Vehicles?

Actual Settings in the .cfg file

• MinBandwidth................Since hetzner guarantees 200mb (although i doubt this is the minimum....that means i have  to set mine to : 204800 ?
  • MaxBandwidth................I guess this must be 1073741824 since thats 1gb...right?
  • MaxMsgSend.................No idea..If i use the standard mysql.ini, then 256 ? And what about if i use the my-huge.ini ?!?
  • MaxSizeGuaranteed......Same as above...512 ?
  • MinErrorToSendNear......0.039999992
  • MinErrorToSend.............0.0029999993;
  • MaxSizeNonguaranteed...256;  ?!?!?

Again....all the above for a server like hetzner's.

The usual errors i am getting.....but i am not sure to what 'tweak' needs to be done to fix them:

3:00:36 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1208017736, users.card=27
 3:00:36 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1208017736
-----------
 3:07:01 Client: Remote object 28:5 not found
 3:07:01 Server: Object 28:5 not found (message 221)
-----------
 4:38:07 No player found for channel 1364146768 - message ignored

I am a bit of a error-free freak...I dont have a single error in my files that comes out of a broken script or something...So everything i could do to optimize the server (besides removing scripts) has been done....All my desyncs and lags are basically the above settings....but they are too technical for me...I am a software engineer....the hardware crap is just pissing me off :P

Any input would be really appreciated it, especially about the mysql settings, since i know i can do better there.

@Defent hjalpa mig, fi fan, lol

20 answers to this question

Hardware: You should know by now that having a beast CPU with 200 cores will not give you better performance then a CPU with 2 cores that operates at the same frequency and has about the same single thread performance. Arma really isnt optimized for more then one core, we only get a benefit of maximum 3/4% if we select 2 cores instead of one. There wont be any benefit selecting more then 2 cores. If you really want to use server resources available to you then start learning how to use headless clients, which is the only way to properly utilize multiple cores.

In short, overclocking is your main performance booster -> Single core @ 4.5Ghz will outperform a Dual/Quad/Hexa core @ 3.5Ghz.

List of processors sorted on Single Thread performance (base clock).

A really cheap way to build a really beast server right now is to use the Intel G3528 CPU which has a base clock of 3.2Ghz and goes for about € 60, the main benefit being it is unlocked and could (usually) easily be overclocked to 4Ghz+ speeds.

--

MySQL tuning basically comes down to upgrading the innodb key_buffer_size, which is the memory size innodb can use to perform it's queries (handy when it needs to write temporary tables - usually when performing JOINS or GROUP BY stuff) without having to use the hard drive (which you want to avoid cause HDD io is way slower then memory io, even with a SSD). There is some other stuff that you can tweak for a better performance but really most of that is hardware dependent and you should read into optimizing before doing changes.

--

basic.cfg

A lot of bullshit has been said about this. Personally I leave the min/max bandwith empty, server seems better at computing that by itself. (also your server really does not use all that much bandwidth, try to monitor it with something like netstat).

If you haven't already, definitely read this topic on bistudio.com which contains a lot of information about the different settings and what they actually do.

Check these for more info about specific settings

I noticed a slight increase in performance when ditching xampp's mysql and downloading mysql 5.6 and using mysql workbench to tune the settings.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/

I am testing a new basic.cfg that I borrowed from lunatic:

MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxBandwidth=2147483647;
MaxMsgSend=768;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=128;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.050000001;
MinErrorToSend=0.0040000002;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;

I can't really say much about database size since mine is only at 5600 items at the moment. 

I also run stock mysql 5.6 settings and it seems to be fine.

Edit: Ask hetzner to attach a LARA to your server, restart it and then remove hyper threading. hetzner is kind of paranoid about it sometimes so you may have to ask very politley since you're actually accessing bios. (That's also how I discovered that my server has dual boot for whatever fucked up reason.)

Hardware: You should know by now that having a beast CPU with 200 cores will not give you better performance then a CPU with 2 cores that operates at the same frequency and has about the same single thread performance. Arma really isnt optimized for more then one core, we only get a benefit of maximum 3/4% if we select 2 cores instead of one. There wont be any benefit selecting more then 2 cores. If you really want to use server resources available to you then start learning how to use headless clients, which is the only way to properly utilize multiple cores.

Yeah i read ALL the topics out there about this...Its really hard to find a proper guide...some people say this, some say that...thats why i wanted an 'empirical' opinion.

Overclocking a hetzner server ? Hold on...let me take my credit card information out first :P lol

I guess i have to experiment more with the basic.cfg......i've already made 4 version...with no good results.

Damn i miss my old Chernarus machine....everything was running smooth there. Its so hard to find proper values for herzner....and although i am calculating everything correctly..it still wont work right.

I noticed a slight increase in performance when ditching xampp's mysql and downloading mysql 5.6 and using mysql workbench to tune the settings.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

http://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/

MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxBandwidth=2147483647;
MaxMsgSend=768;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=128;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.050000001;
MinErrorToSend=0.0040000002;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;

I can't really say much about database size since mine is only at 5600 items at the moment. 

I also run stock mysql 5.6 settings and it seems to be fine.

Edit: Ask hetzner to attach a LARA to your server, restart it and then remove hyper threading. hetzner is kind of paranoid about it sometimes so you may have to ask very politley since you're actually accessing bios. (That's also how I discovered that my server has dual boot for whatever fucked up reason.)

Yeah i was using wamp as well for so long, even back in the day with dayzCC. First time with a real mysql server....are you using the huge-ini file ? or the default one?

I see you changed you MaxMsgSend to 768. Did you change the read_buffer_size in mysql settings?

So disabling the hyperthreading would be better uh? Didnt think of that..I think i knew it....now that you mention it.

If they are so afraid, cant i ask them to do it :P ?

How come you got MaxBandwidth=2147483647; ?  dont they give 1gb to everyone ?

Thanks for your answers guys

ps:  I am using Arma2net to do almost everything....that includes bringing the objects from the db on server start....

I know that can cause serious lag...cause the epoch .dll is better...but until they fix the characterID cell to hold bigint24 in object_data, there is nothing i can do :/

Lunatik* :)

Yeah i read ALL the topics out there about this...Its really hard to find a proper guide...some people say this, some say that...thats why i wanted an 'empirical' opinion.

Overclocking a hetzner server ? Hold on...let me take my credit card information out first :P lol

I guess i have to experiment more with the basic.cfg......i've already made 4 version...with no good results.

Damn i miss my old Chernarus machine....everything was running smooth there. Its so hard to find proper values for herzner....and although i am calculating everything correctly..it still wont work right.

Yeah i was using wamp as well for so long, even back in the day with dayzCC. First time with a real mysql server....are you using the huge-ini file ? or the default one?

I see you changed you MaxMsgSend to 768. Did you change the read_buffer_size in mysql settings?

So disabling the hyperthreading would be better uh? Didnt think of that..I think i knew it....now that you mention it.

If they are so afraid, cant i ask them to do it :P ?

How come you got MaxBandwidth=2147483647; ?  dont they give 1gb to everyone ?

Thanks for your answers guys

ps:  I am using Arma2net to do almost everything....that includes bringing the objects from the db on server start....

I know that can cause serious lag...cause the epoch .dll is better...but until they fix the characterID cell to hold bigint24 in object_data, there is nothing i can do :/

i have set my MaxBandwidth to 2147483647 cause if you read on the behomia site its caled:

MaxBandwidth=<top_limit>;
   Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have (in bps).
   This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

as im running on a dedicated 1GB line i set it so high, it realy helped my server.

Something with the way vehicles are written to the database when purchased and spawned in game changed between DZE 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.

This is why vehicles take some time to spawn, not because you have bad settings or anything like that.

If you had bad settings it would take a long time to buy guns, backpacks and everything else right?

Desync will compound the above, desync is caused by

1. Players with poor connection
  2. Too many mission scripts/mods forcing server fps below 5fps

tl;dr keep mission file as simple as possible and keep base items below ~8k and it improves the vehicle spawn (bug with Epoch) time slightly

My current basic.cfg

MaxMsgSend=384;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.039999999;
MinErrorToSend=0.0049999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

Something with the way vehicles are written to the database when purchased and spawned in game changed between DZE 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.

This is why vehicles take some time to spawn, not because you have bad settings or anything like that.

If you had bad settings it would take a long time to buy guns, backpacks and everything else right?

Desync will compound the above, desync is caused by

1. Players with poor connection
  2. Too many mission scripts/mods forcing server fps below 5fps

tl;dr keep mission file as simple as possible and keep base items below ~8k and it improves the vehicle spawn (bug with Epoch) time slightly

Thats a good point but what is to much and what not? Im asking because im running on ~2 fps with full server and everything is more or less smooth, you said that to much scripts are causing this but i dont have one of those 1000 scripts server, i only got the basic scripts that are in my opinion more or less needed for the fun of the players. I not using all those plotmanagement, eyescan doors singlecurrency stuff etc., i only run basics like

-Tow/lift

-Plot4life

-snapbuilding

-repairstations

-Infistar

-tradersafezones

-some realy little map additions made by my self with a realy little count of objects

and a realy little missionscript, the old WAI one with only like 10 Ais per mission so where do my fps go? Im running on a xeon e3 with 3.40Ghz, SSD and what not. So i dont realy understand why those ~10 scripts are putting my server down to like 2 fps and causing desyncs/lags some time.

I remember a time with the epoch version 1.0.4.2 and the arma2 version without that steam sh** after 1000 different basic settings i got my server running with ~8k DB objects fine without any visible desync, lags or fps drops just with the same scripts im running now. With the current versions i got a sometimes realy shitty server with just the half of DB objects and keep tweaking basic.cfg all days.

Run 1 restart on vanilla server file and vanilla mission file with your existing database and check server fps, you will be amazed.

I've dropped R3F for lifting and towing in favour of the inbuilt Epoch way, scripts and mods that are constantly checking things, usually those called from the init.sqf are the heavy hitters.

Thanks for the answers guys, really appreciate it.

I am too on the same wave length with LunatikCH. The last chernarus on 1.0.4.2 was much smoother and i had 20k and almost the same scripts i have now.

Even worse back then, that i didnt know well how to optimize my scripts (while loops, nil the variables after etc).

Right now with 40 players online weird things happen...I even have to put some extra 'safeguards' on my scripts to avoid duping in some cases due to desync.

I dont see the reason why extra scripts will lag the server IF they are optional...Like for example...I could have the bloodbag script...doesnt mean it executes 24/h...its just there when a person uses the bloodbag. Ok i understand that having scripts active all the time that do checks are the ones that hurt the server...but like i said...even though i have tons of scripts....I pay attention not to use heavy scripts.

I am also around 2-5fps.

I do believe a HC will solve some things....but since its very experimental and i cant get a straight answer....about what to disable for normal players in compile.sqf and what to leave....i am having troubles creating one.

@MGT, why do you have MaxMsgSend=384; i mean ...how did that 'special' number come up...its not a usual number....just curious.

And yeah, i can understand that a vanilla map with the current db would work better...but thats not an option for obvious reasons :)

Its just that .... its really weird...how there is so much difference between 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.5.1 (server wise).

@Defent

Tried the higher maxbandwidth settings...still getting tons of

19:23:11 Server: Object 42:242 not found (message 70)
19:23:11 Server: Object 42:243 not found (message 94)

PS: i was thinking of an idea, the other day....why not 'cut' a map in circular quadrants. Lets say Chernarus is divided in 6 big round circles.

Everything that is inside that circle (their objID) is kept in an array.

Without changing much of the server files....to create an extra function that spawns and despawns objects and vehicles based on triggers.

Like if no player is inside the circle or in 500m distance from the circle despawn everything inside of it.

So for example if there are no players around Balota, despawn (or hide of that works) all player bases, vehicles etc....so the rest of the server doesnt suffer...

And if someone approaches, or enters the game inside a specific circle....spawn back (or reveal) that stuff.

Would that make the server faster ? A constant server update of objects ?

maxmsgsend 512 can lower server/client fps a bit too much and allows too many errors, 256 can delay loading into game

[17/11/2014 00:29:25] David Foltyn: ye but too high maxmsgsend can lower fps

[17/11/2014 00:33:52] David Foltyn: try lower it, 448 or 384

Setting it to anything lower then 1024 gives us packet lost errors messages after a while. Our server FPS doesn't seem to be affected much having it at 1024.

--

The Max... and Min... settings have nothing to do with your database settings. They are ARMA engine/netcode related.

--

I rewrote part of the code that the server uses to create vehicles. Seems to work better then the default.

server_publishvehicle2.sqf

private ["_object","_worldspace","_class","_donotusekey","_keySelected","_activatingPlayer","_isOK","_characterID","_dir","_location","_uid","_key","_result","_outcome","_continue","_object_para"];

_object             = _this select 0;
_worldspace         = _this select 1;
_class                 = _this select 2;
_donotusekey         = _this select 3;
_keySelected         = _this select 4;
_activatingPlayer    = _this select 5;

if(_donotusekey) then {
    _isOK = true;
} else {
    _isOK = isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _keySelected);
};

if(!_isOK) exitWith { diag_log ("HIVE: CARKEY DOES NOT EXIST: "+ str(_keySelected));  };

if(_donotusekey) then {
    _characterID = _keySelected;
} else {
    _characterID = str(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _keySelected >> "keyid"));
};

_dir         = _worldspace select 0;
_location     = _worldspace select 1;
_uid         = _worldspace call dayz_objectUID3;

_key = format["CHILD:308:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:%6:%7:%8:%9:",dayZ_instance,_class,0,_characterID,_worldspace,[],[],1,_uid];
_key call server_hiveWrite;

_continue = false;

while {!_continue} do {
    _result        = nil;
    _key         = format["CHILD:388:%1:",_uid];
    _result     = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;
    _outcome     = _result select 0;

if(_outcome == "PASS") then {
        _continue = true;
    } else {
        sleep 1;
    };
};

_oid = _result select 1;

deleteVehicle _object;

if(DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE) then {
    _object_para = createVehicle ["ParachuteMediumWest", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _object_para setPos [_location select 0, _location select 1,(_location select 2) + 65];
    _object = createVehicle [_class, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
} else {
    _object = createVehicle [_class,_location,[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
};

if(!_donotusekey) then {
    _object setvehiclelock "locked";
};

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _object;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _object;

_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _oid, true];    
_object setVariable ["lastUpdate",time];
_object setVariable ["CharacterID", _characterID, true];

if(DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE) then {
    _object attachTo [_object_para, [0,0,-1.6]];
    sleep 1.0;
    WaitUntil{(([_object] call FNC_GetPos) select 2) < 0.1};
    detach _object;
    deleteVehicle _object_para;
};

PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_object];

_object call fnc_veh_ResetEH;

PVDZE_veh_Init = _object;
publicVariable "PVDZE_veh_Init";
processInitCommands;

diag_log ("PUBLISH: " + str(_activatingPlayer) + " Bought " + (_class) + " with ID " + str(_uid));

--

To the part about objects spawning around you, might want to read this ->

hmmm cant use that...wish i could....i write the whole characterID (playerUID) so i use arma2net to fit bigint24 since epoch dll doesnt support it.

I would have to separate buildings from vehicles etc...dont remember what uses publish_vehicle2...and frankly i've remade epoch from scratch almost due to this damn dll...i really dont wanna redo yet another thing....cause when they release a proper dll...then i can just remove my sqls and everything would be working fine.

Do you see noticeable difference spawning the trader cities on clients instead of server ?

Yes, but it's not just the trader cities. All the added map content spawns in locally now, the server no longer has anything to do with them. It just makes sure the array with objects is available for the clients and that's it.

Epoch mods wont release a new Hive, best you can do is make it yourself. It's not that hard, especially in your case where it seems you only need to change one little part.

--

On another note, still optimizing related though, I've been dabbling with the idea of creating some kind of keepalive function.

I think this is what is happening a lot.

• Player logs and needs to sync with other players, receives loads of info from the server  = gets high bandwidth allocation
  • Player plays in active area and receives loads of updates from the server about the other players = bandwidth stays high
  • Player gets to a remote area and doesn't do much that requires interaction with the server (e.g. building). = server starts allocating less and less bandwidth to player
  • With the player now having low bandwidth it will take more time for him/her to sync once updates from the server start rolling in again (e.g. PV send / players in the area)
  • Player now needs to sync with the new events, but since the server allocated the player a low bandwidth (seems to take a bit before the server starts upscaling again) it takes a while for the player to get in sync again causing desync.

So the player actually has a decent connection, but the fact that he has been in a remote area made the server scale down to a level which is simply too low in order to quickly sync again when it is needed. I don't know why they seemingly chose 87 as a minimal bandwidth settings, which might actually be fine for regular DayZ or ArmA, but with all of the extra traffic the Epoch mod (+ extra mods) creates it seems outdated as a minimal setting. Changing stuff inside the basic.cfg does not seem to affect this at all.

I'm thinking of just sending a keepalive packet with useless data every X seconds to make sure the player will keep above the ~150 bandwidth limit. It's not ideal, but I'm hopeful it minimizes the chance of desync happening. Obviously people with shitty internet can still cause problems, but at least the ones with a decent connection wont get below a certain threshold.

Yes, but it's not just the trader cities. All the added map content spawns in locally now, the server no longer has anything to do with them. It just makes sure the array with objects is available for the clients and that's it.

That is a nice idea....IF a server was running with good fps all the time though. I'll give it a go, when i am done fixing all the bugs i have to fix, and the HC, and moving most of my stuff to the dayz_server.pbo and and and.... :/

Dude, Get a better CPU. No joke i was running a xeon v5 something. and that ran at 2.7Ghz, i upgraded to a xeon v5(something) running at 3ghz. And i can hold 50/50 players, no lag spikes and traders take 50sec for a vehicle to come in locked.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px60

I mean common....better than this? wtf... Instead of giving so much money, i'd rather give them to someone making a good HC instead. I can ran 5 servers with this monster.

http://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_rootserver/px60

I mean common....better than this? wtf... Instead of giving so much money, i'd rather give them to someone making a good HC instead. I can ran 5 servers with this monster.

I got the same root and its a beast we are running 6 servers 3 arma 1 space engineer 1 csgo and 1 7daystodie server and its running smooth

Sandbird, you had mentioned that you're fanatical about errors and warnings.  So am I.  So many people tend to reply regarding some of the errors that "it's normal, ignore them". Normal or not, something isn't coded or referenced right or there wouldn't be a warning or error.  I've gotten most out but there are a few that I haven't tackled yet that drive me crazy every time I see it.  I'm running Epoch Overwatch Origins so many won't have all the files I have, but here's am excerpt of a long list of unknown entities that I get with every server start in both the server and client side .rpt files.  It's probably something simple like a misplaced or missing // or comma or semi-colon.

Unsupported language English in stringtable

Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, they were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunition new mounting brackets better suited
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.
From world.guns.ru: <'
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, they were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunition new mounting brackets better suited
Unknown entity: 'C equipment, and then cause enough damage to render the target inoperative. The grenade has no propelling system in itself, instead being launched by special blank cartridges which are loaded into a detachable box magazine.
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, the AKMS assault rifles with PBS-1 silencer were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunit
Unknown entity: 'C inatallations and equipment, fuel and ammunition storage facilities and parked tactical aircraft. The original BS-1 system was designed for the 7.62mm Kalashnikov AKMS assault rifle with PBS-1 silencers. When the Soviet army switched over to 5.45x39mm ammunition, the AKMS assault rifles with PBS-1 silencer were replaced with AKS-74UB compact assault rifles with PBS-4 silencers. The original GSN-19 grenade launcher system was slightly reworked, primarily to use different launching ammunit

Have you or anyone ever seen this before and if so, where would it be?  I'm guessing somewhere in an Origins-related PBO or there'd be many more posts about it.  So far, I've been concentrating on other more functional errors and warnings and adding new scripts.  I wasn't the one that set it up with the three mods but have assumed the role of primary scripter for now and those unknown entities have been there as long as I've been around this server.

Thanks,
Bob

Have you or anyone ever seen this before and if so, where would it be?  I'm guessing somewhere in an Origins-related PBO or there'd be many more posts about it.  So far, I've been concentrating on other more functional errors and warnings and adding new scripts.  I wasn't the one that set it up with the three mods but have assumed the role of primary scripter for now and those unknown entities have been there as long as I've been around this server.

Thanks,

Bob

but a full RPT log would be better

here you go :)

Sometimes i see these improvements of some devs and wonder why there isnt a topic on it where dev's can drop some improvements on server improvement .

Anyway you could explain what this serverpublishvehicle does ?

On ‎23‎-‎11‎-‎2014 at 8:26 PM, f3cuk said:

Setting it to anything lower then 1024 gives us packet lost errors messages after a while. Our server FPS doesn't seem to be affected much having it at 1024.

--

The Max... and Min... settings have nothing to do with your database settings. They are ARMA engine/netcode related.

--

I rewrote part of the code that the server uses to create vehicles. Seems to work better then the default.

server_publishvehicle2.sqf

Hidden Content

--

To the part about objects spawning around you, might want to read this ->