Base Glitching - going through walls - Bug User

NeutralisatorMAN

Hi Devs! Hi Gamer!

I know it´s still an alpha version but there´s a huge problem with glitcher and bug user....

For Epoch and it´s Basebuilidng part, players shouldn´t be able to glitch through walls. This is a big problem!

I don´t know if such players should be banned - but i really hope that there will come a solution.

For a game with such "realistic" options and play physics it is really annoying that you can still walk through walls... 

Even with the biggest base and the thickest walls it is no problem for abuser to get in.

What´s your opinion?

Greetz! :)

this is a known issue and has been reported several times. Probably the only thing now to prevent this is elevating your base and making a ramp to it that is moved away after going away from the base.

You do know the bug that you can glitch throught walls is an issue with the arma 3 engine and not the mod. This bug always was in arma 2. But on arma 3 it is way easier to do.

Now the f...... glitchers where in our base and steal our base building materials. In my opinion the only thing in this mod is going around and kill people all other have no sense. Very annoying and frustrating at the moment.

Sorry i m very angry at the moment.

Sometimes i think BI released Arma3 only to make fast money. In Arma2 the glitching only works at one or two buildings.

These glitchers are a pain in the ass. We bould up a base (2 Weeks work) with more then 6 Floors on MGT Servers.

After nobody of us where online for 24 hrs, our Plotpole got destroyed (it was inside) and they placed a new Pole in the Air so we cant destroy it and get our base back.

No admin was able to help us...i dont know why but this is really a waste of time.

As long as you are able to glitch into a base, we will not play this mod again and i will also not host a server with it. I dont want to put you epoch devs at teh wall but it is no fun for the players...

Hope you guys find a way to fix this most important problem!

http://www.twitch.tv/zimmyantz/c/5506918

First 60 seconds folks....  :o

I think they have the smallest wieners in the wolrd... BaseGlitching Idiots by night when the owner isn´t on the server... Pahh you have really small ... 

Our group tried to play legit, made multiple bases just like this one... normal, floating, multi-fortified and still recorded people glitching in and taking everything. In this base, it had around 50 small metal and 5 large metal. Given the metal in the base construction and the amount of shelving units and us on the server with choppers to also contest the shipping containers, i would suggest foul play. We as a group actually hate the glitch side of it, but as ARMA 3 is currently and no mod enhancement to combat it yet, we took the "can't beat em, join em" attitude. Really waiting for the patch that will address this, so we can also build a normal base.

Side note NeutralisatorMAN: we had been fighting a group near that base about 20 minutes before we took the unguarded littlebird (no glitching required). We then came back several hours later, spotted a vehicle next to the base from the air and then decided to have a look at the base. it was only 1 wall thick, so could have been easily breached anyway, don't act like it was alcatraz.

Glitchers vs Dupers. Round 1. FIGHT!

And it's "can't beat em, ban em" that admins follow though.

Finding glitching and duping are very much what Alpha testing is about. These are considered bugs rather than the alternative hacking where everyone is teleported then mass executed, running at 1000kph or spawning in non-standard items. I know in this instance its the base game at fault rather than the mod, but at least the Epoch team can possibly put their own flavor of workaround in place.