Base glitching into other bases

ImSoEnigma

Not gonna tell anyone how to directly do it but its pretty easy to be honest and its gay as hell, you can simply glitch alot of the walls/doors that you can build.

We took over an hour at my base making sure we had everything walled off completely and floored against glitching.

we just had some glitchers.... spent all night building a base... went to log out outside of it.. but as we opened the doors someone started shooting at us.. we retreated inside ... and they decided to do the old arma glitch/shoot through walls to blow our car and bring the building down around us... we survived he didnt when the car went bomb..... but there was no real way for him to shoot the vehicle.... inside of a hanger behind the metal wals we had built.... the guy was just pushing up against the hanger and pocking his gun through to try n take pop shoots at us andthe car.... my squad mate did manage to get a screen shot of the name of one of the 3 guys tryign this on our base.

we just had some glitchers.... spent all night building a base... went to log out outside of it.. but as we opened the doors someone started shooting at us.. we retreated inside ... and they decided to do the old arma glitch/shoot through walls to blow our car and bring the building down around us... we survived he didnt when the car went bomb..... but there was no real way for him to shoot the vehicle.... inside of a hanger behind the metal wals we had built.... the guy was just pushing up against the hanger and pocking his gun through to try n take pop shoots at us andthe car.... my squad mate did manage to get a screen shot of the name of one of the 3 guys tryign this on our base.

You should post that for sure

What should really happen is people should get a life and play the damn game like its supposed to be played.  Dont glitch like a bitch.  Seriously if you want loot there are towns all over the place.  If you want to fight or loot a base then find a satchel or C4 and blow up a wall.  Its as simple as that.  If people on the internet would only follow the golden rule then half of the crap that happens wouldnt be an issue (though in todays society I doubt many even know what the golden rule is).  And Enigma you know what doing all that prepping does against a Satchel charge.  Its makes more splinters.  If people didnt glitch you wouldnt have to worry about doing all that and end up just making an expensive explosion when somebody comes up that is actually prepared.  (not a rip on you just frustration on glitchers)

There appears to be a plethora of groups that just want to find glitches into areas. It doesnt matter where you try to build a base and secure it with floors and walls they just try to find another exploit within the Arma engine. My group spent most of a day moving bases to what appeared to be a more secure location. We had scouted it out and even attemted to glitch into the new location in both Epoch and Creator all that happened was a group member ended up trapped in a wall. 

We build and transfer all the gear from old base to new.Spent the day there organising and securing only to be raided by a group of glitchers while the group was engaged in a legitimate firefight. Regrouped and tried to return but meet full resistance. most of the group changed over due to time differences and we eventually made it back into the base using legitimate means. 

I spent the next 3 hours placing more floors, walls, ramps on every point that I could see as being a possible way into the base. A couple of hours later the same group returned with different players. They scouted out the base and knew of/ found new ways to glitch into the area. The Attack ended when my group basically gave up and sat back and watched at the other group tried to blow the base apart from the inside out.

If you are thinking that this is down to a poor position the base in question was built at Kavala Castle. Go check it out in creator and you will see the only legitimate way into the base is through the front entrance with the possibilities of ramps being built and carried round to a couple of low points and the base accessed that way (a legitimate way IMO as you can build to protect against such attacks).

As far as i can tell the Glitches are based on the arma engine and modelling. If that is the case then unfortunately I cant see the mod maintaining its popularity as it will be overrun with Glitchers and so it will be impossible to build a base and protect your gear.

It is a general problem as I have witnessed players get into rocks and shoot and kill players while remaining invincible. Players abusing the wall models and pushing their weapon through a wall to destroy vehicles and players. And now the super wall glitch where you can either fly up the walls in certain places and gain access without making any sound or crawling through walls and floors to gain access to an otherwise secure base. 

The mod is in an alpha state and there will be issues but with something this major within the core engine coding then it is almost impossible to test the mod and report legitimate problems as you are never safe or alive and looted up enough to legitmately play the game.

it way to easy. I come on to find my stuff done from inside my base, even know all walls and so on are still up and I have jammer. next day I come to my base to find a truck park right up to the wall of my base. the fucker was using the truck to Glitch pass the wall. but the funny thing is he could not get back out and I found his body on the other side of my base were he tried to Glitch back out but was killed trying somehow. so took my stuff off his body and went to his truck. he had 16 Bucket of Motar in it and some other good stuff so in end was a win for me. I blow up his truck as well.

really wish I knew the guys name to get his ass ban, just so sad to do that crap.

Yeah we took over this idiots base at ghost hotel his name was "Freezehun" and he had no Jammer there so we killed his group and placed our jammer boarded up all the windows and doors that were even remotely thinkable of glitching and he keeps saying hes going to "get in" lol.

shitty kids have to glitch for gear.

Start doubling up on your walls if you want full protection. the mod is in alpha arma istself is pretty much still in beta . We are here testing specifically to find these glitches and report them. if you see someone else taking the initiative to find a hole. then you should take that same initiative and either find a way to fix it or report the issue to someone that can. complaining about a tester testing your base and base building parts for weaknesses/exploits rather then offering specific information about how they are doing it or how it can be fixes is a waste of everyone's time.

Any single layer Thin wall.(metal sheds, epoch corrugated walls,and any epoch door) can be vaulted or Crawled through very easily.

Currently a single layer of corrugated wall is more of a deterrent as it makes a player vulnerable as they climb through it. honestly this is fine in my opinios a corrugated eta sheet nailed to some 2x4's is not going to be very difficult to dismantle or make a hole in with your bare hands.

you can climb through using vault, going prone, or holstering and then taking your weapon out again.

doubling up your walls or using cinder walls solves this until a better fix can be made.

the biggest issues with epoch right now are not the insecurity of your stash.

1: Combat logging. anyone is able to log out (after a short 10 seconds)  or force quit the mission instantly. anytime they want regardless if they are being shot at or are shooting at someone. A sniper shoots at someone then logs out immediately and waits 5-10 minutes while people scan for or run off trying to find the guy or his location trying to find someone that isn't there anymore. after a safe time (10-15 minutes) the sniper rejoins in the same position shoots some more people and logs off again.

2: the rampant Duping of materials and equipment.

-logging off while you are still in your dead body then logging back in sometimes puts you alive at spawn island with a copy of your gear still equipped. sometimes it puts you alive with with a copy of your ----gear standing over your dead body(still equipped with the same gear).

-two or more players picking up any object from the ground or the inventory of a vehicle a the same time can duplicate that item.

this can also be done with a full uniform,chest rig, or backpack and will copy all the items inside.

-Using an Epoch vendor and a couple players with enough cash you can take any single item and copy them exponentially in the vendors inventory.

one player sells a single First Aid Kit to the vendor.

both players then buy that first aid kit at the same time.

both players sell the first aid kit( now there are two)

both players buy 2 first aid kits at the same time.

now there are 4

... etc.

keep in mind you still need krypto to be able to actually purchase the items and the vendor take a cut when you sell them.

(Adjusting and balancing Krypto values of vehicles and building materials(Especially)would make it so this was not a viable way to accumulate large amounts of valuable(but low krypto value) items

• 2 months later...

Our base got glitched into the day after building it, assholes took it apart and placed a jammer under the pile of walls etc so we couldn't get to the jammer to destroy it.

We counted the pieces and none were missing so that means they glitched in vs blowing a wall.    I'm all for base raids, but do it right and leave the base as was found sans entry point.   What the asshats don't realize is that if they do that kind of ball-less shit is that people will leave the server and then there is no one else to play with or raid legitimately

I think all the ways to glitch are made public so that base builders can properly test base security.   I have an idea of how they got in, but not sure...would like to be..

How do you know that they glitched in? Saw that? If I can see just a millimeter of the jammer, or if I know where they jammer is, it can be destroyed easily!

If you know that the jammer is there, get a 6.5, 7.62 or a 50 cal and destroy the jammer in minutes, also when the jammer is behind a wall or above/underneath a wooden floor.

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/issues/107#issuecomment-68210076

Right now the only way do save a jammer a bit, place a cinder wall underneath, some around the jammer and one on the top of this cover, but be sure that nobody can see the jammer for sure. I play on the MGT server, cause the cinder walls and the cinder door are indestructible, but it is still possible to shot through it, but they can not see where the jammer is.

You can place more the one jammer in you base, but the player who placed the first jammer, has to place the 2nd and the 3rd one!

Funnily enough was going to post this problem yet again ! But just seen yours, This has been able to have been done since the beginning, I would of actually thought it was fixed in one of teh many updates we have had :(  To make matters worse that its not been fixed many servers have a anti-glitch script ! So why have the Epoch guys not fixed this yet :( .. Epoch = Base building on ARMA ! So the most important asspect is kinda broken :(

Nasdero,  Our jammer was placed so that it was not visible from the outside and it was not obvious where it was located.  If they knew where it was in the base, it was due to glitching in....maybe not getting in entirely, but just enough to get a peek inside....and that is still a douchebag thing to do.  Could it have been more protected? Probably but without knowing how exploits are done, no one can really anticipate how others will use them to get in.

They should just make the jammer indestructible.

Then people can raid but not take over a base.

I very well doubt they will be able to fix these issues as they are Arma issues. Always have been.

As an above poster suggested.. Doubling up wall with a space would help deter the glitchers but that sure makes the building process a bit more cumbersome.

In A2 I recall reading that if you put tank traps and wire fences next to your outer walls it helps prevent wall glitching. Maybe that's something they should add to A3E.

While we are talking about glitchy walls, is it possible to patch the walls on Chernarus that suck you in then kill you like the firestaion and AT-tower and a couple of others. or would the guys who made AiA have to fix that?

I've stopped going upstairs in Chernarus fire stations, i die everytime on them fucking stairs :lol:

Also some ladders, once you reach the top you air swim and get ragdolled, then there's the glass fronted industrial buildings, try going round the walkways, still i can live with such issues.

The indestructible jammer is an idea.  While I'd rather leave the possibility of a base takeover, at the moment it would be a good stop gap until something else can be done.

What I would like to see is objects like mines stay through server restarts if within jammer range, that would allow for some protection, perhaps make them biometric to no kill group members.  At least the raiders would have that in the back of their mind.

We don't need an indestructible jammer, I like the idea from MGT, all cinder stuff are indestructable, so you can build a "safe" base.

Ok, I found out today that it is still pretty easy to glitch through walls, I made a report, they should be able to fix it easy.

I've stopped going upstairs in Chernarus fire stations, i die everytime on them fucking stairs :lol:

Also some ladders, once you reach the top you air swim and get ragdolled, then there's the glass fronted industrial buildings, try going round the walkways, still i can live with such issues.

Yeah same i only loot the bottom of them fire stations now, i know it's not a game killer, just wondered if it was possible to fix them.

This bit i really liked, Aiming at a guy in the firestation tower with a 50 cal sniper from 600m away. i take 1 shot it hits the targetd area which was his chest, OR WOULD HAVE IF THAT PANEL OF GLASS DIDNT JUST RANDOMLY STOP A 50CAL RIFLE BULLET FROM GOING THROUGH IT. Lets have game physics in A3 they said, let make building physcis in A3 they said, but lets not make an armoured piercing 50 cal round go through 1 single pane of glass. Love it, makes me feel like things are moving in the right place.

If i had a kitten next to me, id have punched it.