Any way to disable the grass in the 1.0.2.4 update?

churro

Question

I always play my game on the lowest of settings because I don't have the most powerful of computers. My game played very smoothly in 1.0.2.3. There was no grass while I played. Now, when I play this new version, my game lags pretty badly when I look at the grass. is there any way that I could manually disable it?

17 answers to this question

Well, the grass I saw in 1.0.2.3 was minimal and didn't make my game lag in the slightest. Here is a picture. 

epochgrass1023_zps5f49e587.png

The grass I see now in 1.0.2.4 makes me lag every time I see it. Here is the grass I see.

epochgrass1024_zps4967156d.png

Is there any way to make it so I can see the grass I used to see?

Well, the grass I saw in 1.0.2.3 was minimal and didn't make my game lag in the slightest. Here is a picture. 

epochgrass1023_zps5f49e587.png

The grass I see now in 1.0.2.4 makes me lag every time I see it. Here is the grass I see.

epochgrass1024_zps4967156d.png

Is there any way to make it so I can see the grass I used to see?

Have you tried different servers, just to make sure go on my server and test. I have had no issues.

I tried 3 different servers, King, and I just tried yours. I had lag in all of them. Is there no way that I can manually delete or edit files to revert the grass to what it used to be?

It must  be your client then, try reinstalling epoch.

Did a fresh install of 1.0.2.4 and server fps was floating around 35-40, with just myself online. On my 1.0.2.3 server (with AI, and several other additions), server fps was consistently capping at 50 with a handful of people on.

Game is certainly playable but not sure why there's a server fps decrease.

Come and see on our server, the grass is short, if it isn't it's a setting specific to your chraracter.

i tried your server and the grass was the same.

grassinmgtserver_zpsa939ae4e.png

Honestly, I don't think that this is a server-side issue. I believe that we should be able to control how the grass looks in our own game.

You can remove the grass mod by deleting the following files from the @dayz_epoch/addons folder

gdtmod_grass.pbo
gdtmod_grass.pbo.dayz_vb.bisign

I tried that, but the grass didn't disappear and I was still laggy. so I deleted all the gdtmod files and now everything looks like it was in 1.0.2.3. I am no longer experiencing lag at all. Thanks for the help.

BTW, I backed the up before deleting in case I needed them for something. Maybe I didnt have to delete them all but they are there in case some of them are crucial.

I tried that, but the grass didn't disappear and I was still laggy. so I deleted all the gdtmod files and now everything looks like it was in 1.0.2.3. I am no longer experiencing lag at all. Thanks for the help.

BTW, I backed the up before deleting in case I needed them for something. Maybe I didnt have to delete them all but they are there in case some of them are crucial.

Confirmed, I deleted all the gdtmod files and my framerate has gone from 45 to 55 in camp to 70+ and I can actually see stuff laying in the grass.