Safe Item Deletion PLEASE HELP.. :(

JAYBAYBAY

Question

Things that could cause problems with safes:

1) having it open during restart/closing or opening at restart.

2) Having multiple people accessing the safe at the same time.

Have you talked to Madhatter about it? there may have been a DB error during that restart? Are you sure it happened directly during restart?

its happened to our group of friends 3 times now, the last 2 times it was just weapon slots, with the same safe, with only 1 person accessing the safe and it was not during a restart.  One of the times the guy whos safe it was, after losing his weapons, was teleported back to where he was 15min prior to restart.

The first time was a while back and we arn't sure if it was near restart or not, but it was just the 200 magazine slots.

I have now run into this myself tonight. Only items were deleted. I will be looking into it in more detail.

Of course it was the safe containing ALL my cinderblocks and mortar I've been saving to build. The only 'irreplacable' item set :(

_holder setVariable["CharacterID",_ownerID,true];
        _holder setVariable["ObjectID",_objectID,true];
        _holder setVariable["ObjectUID",_objectUID,true];
        _holder setVariable ["OEMPos", _pos, true];

_weapons =                 getWeaponCargo _obj;
        _magazines =         getMagazineCargo _obj;
        _backpacks =         getBackpackCargo _obj;

// remove vault
        deleteVehicle _obj;

// Fill variables with loot
        if (count _weapons > 0) then {
                _holder setVariable ["WeaponCargo", _weapons, true];
        };
        if (count _magazines > 0) then {
                _holder setVariable ["MagazineCargo", _magazines, true];
        };
        if (count _backpacks > 0) then {
                _holder setVariable ["BackpackCargo", _backpacks, true];
        };

cutText [format["Your %1 has been locked",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

s_player_lockvault = -1;

Or

_holder setVariable["CharacterID",_ownerID,true];
                        _holder setVariable["ObjectID",_objectID,true];
                        _holder setVariable["ObjectUID",_objectUID,true];
                        _holder setVariable ["OEMPos", _pos, true];

if (count _weapons > 0) then {
                                //Add weapons
                                _objWpnTypes =         _weapons select 0;
                                _objWpnQty =         _weapons select 1;
                                _countr = 0;
                                {
                                        _holder addweaponcargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
                                        _countr = _countr + 1;
                                } forEach _objWpnTypes;
                        };

if (count _magazines > 0) then {
                                //Add Magazines
                                _objWpnTypes = _magazines select 0;
                                _objWpnQty = _magazines select 1;
                                _countr = 0;
                                {
                                        _holder addmagazinecargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
                                        _countr = _countr + 1;
                                } forEach _objWpnTypes;
                        };

if (count _backpacks > 0) then {
                                //Add Backpacks
                                _objWpnTypes = _backpacks select 0;
                                _objWpnQty = _backpacks select 1;
                                _countr = 0;
                                {
                                        _holder addbackpackcargoGlobal [_x,(_objWpnQty select _countr)];
                                        _countr = _countr + 1;
                                } forEach _objWpnTypes;
                        };

cutText [format["%1 has been unlocked.",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

Could it possibly be related to the new items created?
Maybe something with the large caliber ammo boxes or changed supply crates?
Maybe related to multiple people locking/unlocking safes on the server at the same time?

I will try to get some mySQL debug going to see if I can replicate it in any way.

Now and then being more frequent, now.

On our server we have not only the easy-to-fix problem with players being kicked while opening their safe that contains weapons by default blacklisted in BEC, resulting in empty safes.

But we also have the 'mag space deleted and user does not know why' problem.

And, I have reliable reports of certain items, notably vehicle ammo but also ME smoke rounds, being put into the safe (correctly written to db), then at some time deleted at safe-open with a message aka 'XXX not found' (you get the same error message when you write a non-existent classname string into the db, manually).

Not exactly reproducible, the user had collected ammo over a few days, and at some point, this and only this specific ammo was gone. Putting another mag of this type into the safe succeeds though, placing the db entry at the end of the [...] line, just as adding an item that had not been in the safe before, does.

Dozens of incidents in the days after the update to 1.0.2.4, very very few, before.

We are having this problem on our server too, didn't believe players before it happened to us (they are kinda trolls). Today we found 1 safe completely empty except for the backpacks, we also at one point found a m40a3 on the ground somewhere which was very confusing because no one used it or had it in their backpacks or so. The safe was filled with vehicle ammo and some crap.

Still existing. 
Any ideas for this from DEV side? 

Or any hotfix ? 

Example 

Before:

[[[\"huntingrifle\",\"ItemKeyYellow1873\",\"ItemKeyGreen698\",\"UZI_SD_EP1\",\"ItemKeyRed627\",\"ItemKeyBlue721\",\"M249_DZ\",\"ItemKeyBlue1313\",\"M4SPR\",\"M14_EP1\",\"G36_C_SD_camo\",\"M24\"],[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1]],[[\"ItemBriefcase100oz\",\"ItemGoldBar10oz\",\"ItemSeaBassCooked\",\"20Rnd_9x39_SP5_VSS\",\"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag\",\"PartFueltank\",\"1Rnd_HE_M203\",\"Quiver\",\"ItemTroutCooked\",\"ItemSilverBar\",\"FoodbeefRaw\",\"ItemSeaBass\",\"ItemBandage\",\"ItemWaterbottleUnfilled\",\"ItemTankTrap\",\"10Rnd_762x54_SVD\",\"HandGrenade_East\",\"ItemPainkiller\",\"HandGrenade_West\",\"100Rnd_127x99_M2\",\"PartVRotor\",\"ItemGoldBar\",\"5Rnd_86x70_L115A1\",\"MortarBucket\",\"bulk_empty\",\"50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM\",\"FoodbaconCooked\",\"30Rnd_545x39_AK\",\"30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD\",\"30Rnd_762x39_AK47\",\"20Rnd_762x51_DMR\",\"ItemBloodbag\",\"5Rnd_762x51_M24\",\"PartGlass\",\"ItemCanvas\",\"Skin_Survivor2_DZ\",\"200Rnd_556x45_M249\",\"ItemMorphine\",\"ItemAntibiotic\",\"8Rnd_9x18_Makarov\",\"PartWheel\",\"Skin_Bandit1_DZ\",\"Skin_Soldier1_DZ\"],[2,1,6,6,8,1,1,1,26,17,6,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,1,1,8,3,5,2,1,4,1,12,6,23,7,5,3,1,1,3,4,1,1,2,1,1]],[[],[]]]

SCHEDULED RESTART 

After restart: 

'[[[\"huntingrifle\"],[1]],[[\"5x_22_LR_17_HMR\"],[1]],[[],[]]]','[]'

Thanks for reply. 

The owner of the safe changed some things, the stings are taken out of the hourly sql backup. 1st was at 19:00 - Restart - second from 21:00

Our RPTs get deleted automatically, so i do not have these from case above available. Sorry. Will now auto backup these also and provide some as soon as possible, 

My thoughts: 

- Lenght of string: possible, that its too long that the whole vault has "not enough time" to be written in the database completely, (under special circumstances?)

- car gets destroyed --> after restart the fitting key gets deleted from the vault (and maybe some other stuff with it?) <-- we were not able to reproduce, but had 3 cases where this _could_ be possible

- Matchbox_DZ in the vault <-- in 2 cases this item was inside, not reproducable

- 15Rnd_9x19_M9SD produce errors in RPT <-- 3 vault owners had this in his gear (and used the gear)

I'd guess that 'length of strings' means that the game itself, not the DB, has problems when reading safe contents from the DB and does the usual thing with items that throw an error: it deletes them.

Afaik there is no mechanism to delete keys from destroyed vehicles.