@ the devs, my 2 cents

Nasdero

Hi guys,

I hosted a Dayz Epoch Server, we ran in lot of problems because of the Arma 2 issue with to many objects. After a lot of effort, we stoped that project. Not your fault.

I supported you guys and the other admins with the mod, I wrote some db scripts and I posted them here.

I tried to get it running with linux together with other admins.

I didn't beg for a key for Arma 3 Epoch, I watched twitch and I got a key days later, that is ok for me, but I didn't understand, why you didn't give also keys to the supporter here in the forum.

I posted bugs and suggestions on github and here in the forum.

I wrote Axle a PM to get the PW for the G-portal.de server, because or group were testing these servers, he did read my PM, but no response.

I got the PW for the Skaronator server, thanks Skaronator for that and thx for hosting a server, but right now I am not willing to play on that server.

I do like Arma 3 Epoch, I guess, you guys should handle supporter a bit different.

You need trusted player? Then get the ppl here in the forum who hosted a Server in the past and helped you and other ppl.

I'd like to play A3 Epoch with my guys and I'd like to support you, but not that way.

There are enough other things to play right now, I'll explore DayZ or I'll play Wasteland and King of the Hill, I'd prefer A3 epoch, but not this way!

Kind regards,

Nasdero

p.s. English is not my mother tongue, so sorry if I wrote something wrong.

You're free to play on my white listed server, details in sig

Thx, I already saw that, but right now, I guess they should rethink how they act here.

I do appreciate your effort here, we both worked already together a long time ago and I played also on your servers in the past.

You have had the freedom to play on a number of servers since the public alpha release. 

We're busy developing new features and gameplay mechanics, identifying and squashing bugs...

I'm not sure how your feelings have been hurt, we're trying hard as possible to allow the community to help test without compromising security.

If you haven't been asleep the last 3 weeks, this should make perfect sense.

guy just get the game done plz and community plz leave them alone to do so.... They are just a couple guys (WHO SHOULD BE A COMPANY) makin an awesome MOD ( WHICH SHOULD BE IT"S OWN GAME OR STAND ALONE VERSION) i support them with all choices becuz they know whats best just lookk at the Sapper awessome work Sequisha you go Bro 

Keep it up guys im behind you all the way!!!!

guy just get the game done plz and community plz leave them alone to do so.... They are just a couple guys (WHO SHOULD BE A COMPANY) makin an awesome MOD ( WHICH SHOULD BE IT"S OWN GAME OR STAND ALONE VERSION) i support them with all choices becuz they know whats best just lookk at the Sapper awessome work Sequisha you go Bro 

Keep it up guys im behind you all the way!!!!

When a game developer builds a game, a large majority of the ideas, changes and more comes from the community itself. We are the audience they are making the game for and even though they cannot make every single person happy they can reach grounds in which a lot of people are impressed. The community will have a huge impact on this mod and it's exactly why there is a feedback section to the forums. 

I'm pretty sure half of the stuff being worked on is actually been thrown around the community many times and iterated based on the feedback we give them. Also, do we really want this to be standalone, where we would have to buy the game, which would go into another disappointing early access on steam which could possibly turn out to be another DayZ standalone.

I think his main point is how the key distribution, and, more recently, the password situation, overlooked so many people that were/are long term contributers on here.

So what you and OP are saying is because you have supported and/or gave money you should be bumped ahead of the line when distributing keys and passwords? If I am not mistaken when you donated or supported it was my understanding you did this knowing that you would not be getting compensated in anyway.

In case you have not noticed (http://epochmod.com/servers.php) instead of attempting to babysit our development servers we are working with some known members from the community to get more servers up and running. We simply do not have not have a server admin team as we are just a development team.

I noticed that the server list grew by about 50% today! WOOT and thank you. 

So what you and OP are saying is because you have supported and/or gave money you should be bumped ahead of the line when distributing keys and passwords? If I am not mistaken when you donated or supported it was my understanding you did this knowing that you would not be getting compensated in anyway.

^^^^^^

Never said that! But there are ppl begging for stuff and ppl they are helping, I guess the 2nd should be treated different then the 1st ppl. We spend also a lot of time with the mod, we started to spend time with A3 Epoch and for sure more in the future.

Sure I saw the new server after I made my posting.

No, not at all, if you scroll up you can still read what I said, but for your benefit I'll post it here again with highlights....

I think his main point is how the key distribution, and, more recently, the password situation, overlooked so many people that were/are long term contributors on here. 

So, I said I think his main point was what I described above, but I felt the need to mediate because I understood the OP's post as something that wouldn't warrant a sarcastic reply, but that's exactly what he got.

Regarding his points, I am on record as also having the same opinion as the OP, but it's only an opinion with mild criticism, nothing more. I got my key by winning an insult competition in a Twitch stream, and while I was very excited about winning it, I felt something was wrong when I read the pleas for keys from long term posters on this community website. Yes, I am a long term poster here, but many of those that won keys in Twitch streams were not, yet there were lots of long term posters without a key.

Also, I vehemently oppose pay for perks and at no point did I even allude to the exchange of monies in this thread, so how you and the agreeing CrazyCorky came to that conclusion I do not know.

Hardcore is for many guys necessary because the mod gives you without 3rd person a much intensive,lovely gameplay.I don't play the mod since saturday and I am going to wait until a hc server comes out. It is too ridiculous how I fight against other people(hiding behind walls without any possibility to see enemy). It isn't worth in my opinion to play on non-hc server to be honest

cheers

In case you have not noticed (http://epochmod.com/servers.php) instead of attempting to babysit our development servers we are working with some known members from the community to get more servers up and running. We simply do not have a server admin team as we are just a development team.

awol i have a dedicated server how does one get the files if possible to create a new whitelist server for u guys ???plz respond thank you

No, not at all, if you scroll up you can still read what I said, but for your benefit I'll post it here again with highlights....

So, I said I think his main point was what I described above, but I felt the need to mediate because I understood the OP's post as something that wouldn't warrant a sarcastic reply, but that's exactly what he got.

Regarding his points, I am on record as also having the same opinion as the OP, but it's only an opinion with mild criticism, nothing more. I got my key by winning an insult competition in a Twitch stream, and while I was very excited about winning it, I felt something was wrong when I read the pleas for keys from long term posters on this community website. Yes, I am a long term poster here, but many of those that won keys in Twitch streams were not, yet there were lots of long term posters without a key.

Also, I vehemently oppose pay for perks and at no point did I even allude to the exchange of monies in this thread, so how you and the agreeing CrazyCorky came to that conclusion I do not know.

If you re read my post you will see that my first sentence ended with a question mark. That means its a question. Which means that I wanted further clarification of his statement. There was no intended sarcasm.

If you re read my post you will see that my first sentence ended with a question mark. That means its a question. Which means that I wanted further clarification of his statement. There was no intended sarcasm.

WTF are you talking about, Willis?

I was referring to Sequisha's reply in regards to the sarcasm comment.