Any chance for a Chernarus map?

Njoi

ARMA 3 Chernarus  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Chernarus offered as an officialy supported map?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
    • Leave it for private hosts to implement

I'm pretty sure its copyrighted which is why you don't see any servers with the map being online. When that team ported dayz over to arma 3 and used the chernarus+ it was shut down

I'm pretty sure it was shut down due to the name. You could always use Chernarus but add in your own stuff to make it a little more custom.

I'm pretty sure it was shut down due to the name. You could always use Chernarus but add in your own stuff to make it a little more custom.

Pretty sure you wouldn't even NEED to add your own custom stuff. I'll do some more digging on the legality of it, but I really don't see it being an issue.

I think most people are just the type that they get comfortable with something and they don't want change.  But, when forced, most of them eventually give in and end up deciding they like it anyways.  Altis is a frickin beautiful map, it's just a lot different than Chernarus.  Chernarus has a lot of cover, and it would seem a lot of Epoch players like that because they're scared of PvP or they just want to avoid interaction with others.  It's either that or they've just been playing on the map for so long they know it like the back of their hand and they don't want to learn a new one... I don't know.

I always hated un-altered Chernarus for Epoch.  Most of the buildings were unlootable, most of the lootable ones were in the bigger cities.  That's the only real reason I hated it though, it's a very well designed map otherwise.  However, I like how open Altis is, I like being able to look around for people and see them coming before they're right up on me and take me by surprise.  And most of the hills are very widely spread apart.

I kind of find Stratis too small and Altis too big, but it very well might just be me having a tough time adapting. I've had very few interactions with other players on the popular Stratis servers (even when full). Do the devs plan on increasing the player limit?

Also, why would you ever hope and pray for less options?

Edit: words

I kind of find Stratis too small and Altis too big, but it very well might just be me having a tough time adapting. I've had very few interactions with other players on the popular Stratis servers (even when full). Do the devs plan on increasing the player limit?

Also, why would you ever hope and pray for less options?

Exactly.  I'm sure, at least, Chernarus and maybe some others will most likely get ported and integrated into Epoch as they were with DayZ Epoch.  That is unless there are new maps that become more popular.

Someone told me the Epoch devs had plans to whip up their own map, but I never read that anywhere, so I don't know where it came from.  Someone probably just said something during a stream.  They would probably have to add someone to their team or just collaborate with someone experienced with map making.  Not that I don't think any of them could do it, I'd just imagine it would be very, very time consuming and they'll have a lot on their plate for a while.

Yeah, like I said before, I don't even think it's that Stratis is too small, it's just not a very dynamic landscape and it's underdeveloped.  I'm sure, in the future, you could pump some things into the editor to make it a lot more interesting, but I think it would still have to be for low-pop servers.  It's not even that great for PvP because it's like one big, rugged hill.

Altis really is big, but it is probably perfect for PVE servers or ones that are taylored for those who just want to be left alone to build their ghetto mansions.  I didn't like Altis at first, but I've changed my opinion of it over just the last couple weeks.  With the way things are now, I still run into people pretty often, even if I move further toward the outskirts.  I love being able to get up on a hill to scout kilometers of land around me.  I like the way the towns and roads are structured.  Oh, and the tall grasses that you can hide sht in, yeah baby.

A good sign the interest is there, I know several people who HATE the A3 maps, it could potentially pull more people from A2.

There needs to be custom maps, chernarus was too big and empty if the map had as many towns no matter how small comparitave to altis it wouldve been fine but the thing is no one wanted to go to the NWA when balota had everything that it did.  Then later green mountain.

The stupidly funny thing about Altis and people, is that if you confine a mode to a portion of the map that is suitable for the numbers.. I.e if you cut off the right side of the map, people dont like it because they're not using the full map.. but then cry that the map is too big. You cant win with the population unless you physically remove things.

Will it ever be supported "Officially"?  I doubt it.  But I'm sure the community will add it at some point.  Personally, I think that if Chernarus could get a redo with the Arma 3 engine that it would be super popular.  The problem I see with Epoch on A3 is the stock maps.  Altis is way large to get around in, especially on foot.  What's more, it's very open, which means that people will hesitate to make any decent sized bases on it because they will be very visible from long distances.  This is in stark contrast to Chernarus, which is very wooded and makes hiding bases and vehicles much easier.  As MGT said, Stratis is on the opposite end of the spectrum and is quite small for 40+ players.  A solution that falls somewhere in the middle (medium sized and a good mix of varying terrains) would be very welcome in A3 Epoch.

In my opinion, big maps aren't a problem because a player can choose whether or not to frequent all areas on it. Take Napf for instance; the southern third is remote and bare compared to the north, and players tend to predominately frequent the midlands and north, thus cutting the size down imaginably. Yet the south can be utilised  if you so choose, the same can't be said for small maps.

I say move on! The current map on Arma3 are great to start with! You want to play cherno play Arma2! The space you have in both of these map are great! Time to create new maps and new WORLDS TO EXPLORE!

{TR} DLL

I agree 100 percent. This isn't arma 2, arma 3 is a different game with different map. Get used to it

a new map would be nice the size of sauerland mabey a little bigger, a combo map with cherno and some other popular maps conbined mabey namalsk a cold island infested with bloodsuckers and rare loot inthe corner of the map taviana for a few trader citys some close to the edgeof the map with the water surrounding the land and could lingor conect to cherno and tavianna as a jungle to cross with snakes and crocks and chernarus in the bottom left corner with some other bits to connect it all together  ii mean a motherload map a map for everyone to enjoy together