Epoch Lore thread!

BioHazard050

Came up with this little blurb while I was between classes.

Two years ago, on August 25, 2033, midnight east coast us time, more than
6 billion people dropped dead. No warning, no signs.
Just dropped dead where they stood. Pilotless aircraft fell from the sky,
driverless cars careened out of control. The skies emptied, the cities fell silent.
For those who survived, fear ruled the day, panic gripped the few places spared.
 After 6 months of chaos, only 500 million remained...

No one had set foot on the Mediterranean island of Altis since the event.
The entire population had perished.
Six months P.E. (Post event), a man named Axle landed in the abandoned city of Kavala.
No one knows why he traveled to this god-forsaken island, some say he was looking for riches, 
others answers to what happened on that fateful day. But nobody knows for sure,
 as the man vanished without a trace.

6 months later, a ship, the Terra Nova, full of prospectors, adventurers, and treasure hunters, arrived and docked in Pyrgos.
Finding the island plentiful and safe, the only danger the countless number of dogs, the canine population exploding from lack of human interference.
They quickly set up a network of traders, and an economy began to blossom. The beginning of the rebirth of civilization.

3 months after the Terra Nova landed, another ship arrived, and docked near the still-abandoned Kavala.
The traders of Altis sent an envoy of 100 men to greet the new arrivals.
The envoy never returned. 
Shortly after, the mystery ship departed, but some of its crew remained on the island.
Reports of strange men in black robes began to appear, those who survived encounters with these strangers 
reported strange weather phenomena and and that the strangers attacked them with balls of fire.
Even more disturbingly, mutilated humans were spotted roaming the land. These tortured souls would chase down anyone
they see, and when close, would somehow detonate, killing its victims. Those who survived close encounters, say they recognize 
the faces of the men from the missing envoy...

Feel free to add to it.

I neglected to mention the UAV's, so here's another blurb!

One week after the mystery ship appeared in Kavala Bay, another, smaller vessel arrived and landed on the northern tip
of the island near an abandoned military barracks. This craft carried 50 men of unknown nationality. 
They speek an unidentifiable language, they bear no regional physical traits. Their equipment and weapons are generic, copies of brand name weapons.
Their uniforms bear no flag, except for one strange symbol that has been spotted all over the island. It consists of a circle overlapped by three long, narrow triangles, vaguely resembling an E.
favicon.png
For reasons unknown, they scout the land with small, unmarked Quad-rotor UAVs. When these UAV's spot a human being, its owners ruthlessly chase down
the target. There is no escape, except to fight.
No-one knows why they are here, no-one knows what they want, except that in his dying moments, one mystery mercenary muttered the name of a man...Axle.

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly two years PE, August 25, 2035, a small earthquake, measuring only a 3 on the old Richter scale,
was somehow felt around the world, everywhere at once. Shortly after, strange Humanoid beings were spotted all over the planet.
These beings appeared to be made out of floating pieces of rock, appendages detracted from the main body, but functioning the same as your own hands. 
One brave soul on Altis approached one of these creatures to determine whether it was friendly, or hostile...

Unfortunately for that brave soul...it was hostile, the creature ripping the poor woman to shreds, before moving on to the watching crowd...
25 onlookers died before the being was taken down...

The beings were dubbed "Constructs", for their cobbled together appearance. Panic did not ensue...
the population regarded it as another unknown in an increasingly mysterious, increasingly hostile world.

Even with the constructs waiting for a later patch, I couldn't help but write this up.

A stunning discovery has been made...

A scavenger looting a solar power plant near Telos discovered a discarded smartpone on the roof of a tower. On the smartphone was a recording, the mans last known words. An Altisian technician discovered the recording moments before he was to dismantle the device for parts...

This is a transcript of the recording...

"I knew it...I fucking knew it...it was a weapon that caused this hell...fucking CSAT...some sort of energy weapon...causes an overload
of the central nervous system...*snaps fingers*instant death...It doesn't effect everyone the same...some people are completely resistant to its effects,
some...only somewhat resistant....slowly drives them insane...
The night of the event...it was supposed to be aimed at at the United States...kill the population in one fell swoop...Bring the world to its knees...but something went
wrong...the energy field went global instead...those fucking BASTARDS...and it was here, on Altis...the weapon...but its gone now...moved after
it all went wrong...someone out there knows where it is...and someone knows that I know it exists...and now they're chasing me...
I cant stay on Altis...nowhere to hide here...I will find that weapon...and show whats left of the world the truth. *END OF RECORDING*"

I read way to much Sci-Fi...

• 7 months later...

I Have an idea to add to the Lore, This is my Idea

Men from the Terra Nova were having a peaceful day, knowing that they have safely secured Pygros. Towers watching every Corner of both the town and the outside, The Soldiers watching were, also, enjoying the landscape. They had tried to set up a Government, only to result in chaos. The Terra Nova and some 40 men, were to explore the ocean for any signs of Valuables. The High ranked men decided not to come, knowing that if they DID go, the town can be easily attacked. September 13th, 2035, The Terra Nova was given the permission to go Sailing for resources, the men were given supplies to last a week if they returned when the town was destroyed. They left port at 7:00pm, were they can be more stealthy, even though their Eyesight is also drawn back but they continued onward. 

The men of 40 were doing excellent, encountering no problems during their Deep Sea Diving, until they see a Singular boat float in the ocean at the time of Midnight. The men rushed as quick as they can go, checking if this is a Trap or not. They reach it with a Skeleton, Voice Recorded Messages and what seemed to be unlimited supplies. This is one of the three Recordings.

"Damn CSAT, Damn Sea... Damn World... I have being floating on this boat for what? Three Weeks? I... I don't know anymore... I have this what seems to be a Drone of some Sorts following me, seeming to not run out of any fuel source... Heat Stroke is a possibility, Starvation and Thirst... not so much... What the..." *Sounds of Waves crashing, then a loud Crash* "What the hell was that?!" *Unknown Voice* Secure him! and make sure he can't move!" *Sounds of a Struggle* "Now... lets get down to business... you are Alexander Rangon no?" *Alexander's Voice* "What do you want you scum bag?" *Crack of a bone, then a loud yell* *Unknown Voice* "We just want to test something and what better way then test it on you..." *Sounds of Electricity then the loud Scream, seeming ear-piercing filled the world* "I... I will kill... you CSA-" *Gunshot* -End of Recording-

The men of the Terra Nova, once hearing the Recording, gathered the supplies quickly, then sailing back to Pyrgos, noone looking behind them. The men had little sleep from the message, none of them daring to even stand up from their wake up state. As they returned to the port of Pyrgos, They were Half Asleep messes. Most of them paranoid from the Recording, while others... claim to see Eyes... in the Water... Following them...

During their leave, the town Pyrgos was attacked twice. Once by the what some people call 'Sappers' which are the Mutations that seem to Detonate, and the other time, by the Mysterious Force with the 'E' Symbol. As they attacked, one of them Yelled out "You must leave to live! By the command and order of Axle!" the Attacks seemed to last forever, but finally stopped. The Second attack came as the First attack was Done. Some Say it was Staged, knowing to weaken us then attack with the main Force. Others say it was a coincidence, though noone knows the truth about the man named Alexander Rangon or the attacks, and noone knows when the Truth will be revealed...

I will make the other 2 recordings as well if anyone wants me to! :D