Grim Reaper flame thrower dude

moosed

Feedback is feedback, am afraid he is staying. Would be interested in your experience that lead to your post. Did he kill you after you found your first gun?  

We are tweaking behaviour constantly and he is due some interesting upgrades. He could potentially be friendly, or at least not so malicious toward new spawns..

Genuinely curious.

No, he did no damage to me despite breathing red stuff on me. then he stood still for about 7 seconds without doing anything during which i shot about 15 bullets into him at which point he died.

Just not really a fan, seems a bit random and unchallenging. same with the sapper, they need to be super lethal... sapper looks alright though, no problems with him/it. the grim reaper just seems a bit out of place whilst the sapper seems believable for this type of game.

I'm also on the side that thinks the cultist does not fit at all in this game. Not at least with these magic powers he has.

Take the magic out and give him a hatchet, a butcher knife, a torch or something like that, as well as extra speed (so that you have to face him yes or yes most of the time) and I'll be happy with him... but not magic.

The armour for Cultist has been increased for the latest patch. Behaviour is getting an upgrade, points noted, thank you.

Would only spawning at churches surrounded by fog help?   :) I think so.

yes that would be better

also +1 to getting rid of the magic and replacing with axe or chainsaw or something more 'real'

i'm liking these cultists. generally creepy. 

i was stalking some other players in a military outpost, had a mean camp going on. next thing i know some cultist is spitting red shit at me. 

i was actually freaked out and ran

doesn't take that much to kill them, about 5-10 upper body/headshots with the zafir. 

i think they add quite a bit to gameplay, give me cultists over the arma 2 zed's any day!

Yeh that red mist even throwing knife or improvised flamethrower even I think would be better just change the red mist to a flame and put a tank on the back of him

Lol that's cool, though for another antagonist. But the red mist should be removed, yes.

Edit: I just thought of something that would make the Cultist more challenging and much more scarier.

The cultist could be able to, at let's say 20 or 25m from you or less (or whatever is thought to be ok in the game), throw a hook at you with 85% or so of chance of hooking you, if you are in front of him. If you are hooked, the Cultist will drag you towards him, damaging you in the way, taking 1000 or 1500 of your life (or so) before releasing you. If hooked again, another 1000/1500 will go away. And so on until killed.

This way he could be potentially lethal for a single player and would have no weird mysticism around him. If there's a chance of them appearing in a group of 2-3, they will become a risk for a group of players.

The armour for Cultist has been increased for the latest patch. Behaviour is getting an upgrade, points noted, thank you.

Would only spawning at churches surrounded by fog help?   :) I think so.

+1 for only in towns with churches, but anywhere in the town, not at the church specifically 

They need to be feared and for a long time otherwise the effect of seeing one will wear off and people will treat them like they would do a zombie. Kill and move on. I like the idea of them and they look great. I have faith that the devs have their own plans for them. But just incase, these are my thoughts.

Ideas for Cultist abilities:

- Can slow down the victim's movements with their red shit

- Can cause a random, scrambled health impact on the victim (sharp decline or rise in blood pressure, temp, hunger etc) either via the impact of red shit or just being close

- Red shit can enflame the victim either for a length of time or permanently, giving their position away. Obvious heat rise. Possibly extinguished in water or rain

- Straight up death by being hit with red shit

Ideas for limiting how to defeat a Cultist:

- Offering a certain item(s) to it

- Setting fire to it via joint use of petrol and a lighter or matches (emits a loud, terrible noise during this for effect)

- Melee only

- Use a particular item as bait to lure it to a church, Cultist disintegrates when within the building.

Mixed thoughts, definitely food for thought and I can see some of those being implemented. 

All of the antagonists will dispose if the player is over a certain distance away, different for each. That distance can be quite high, 500m - 1km depending on which one. These levels will be adjusted if required.

They all have the skills to track a player and all try to act a bit sneakily rather than just follow you in a straight line.

All due an update, am working on a retaliation for killing traders at the moment. 

Thanks all for your feedback.

I like the look of the Cultist! its amazing and a bit scary right to the point well done :)  but i think just like the others above me his attack has to be changed........if you Guys give em a bloody very very big Knive and a good powerfull attack......... everyone would be scared to Death when they meet em :D  Keep the Good work going Guys you are doing an awesome Job for us - a Big Thanks to you! :)

Is it true the monks/cultists are responsible for the sappers?

I'm lead to believe the sappers are captured people that have had their arms amputated, mouths sawn shut and a bomb placed in their abdomen.

The bomb detonates when the sappers' adrenaline levels increase, so when you think about it, the sappers are actually running to you for help. Quite cruel really; they see you, get excited that they are finally going to be freed, then explode, lol. (there's scope there for playing as an antagonist like when you were able to spawn as a zombie in Dayz Epoch)

Regarding the monks, I'm cool with fireballs, but they're not much of a threat in my opinion.

How about they're armed with a scythe like the grim reaper, and they move lightning fast when not being observed. If they get to within swinging distance of you, then your head rolls.

How about they're armed with a scythe like the grim reaper, and they move lightning fast when not being observed. If they get to within swinging distance of you, then your head rolls.

I'd prefer something like this. Fireballs seem somewhat out-of-place and almost too fantasy-like for Epoch. Increase their movement speed and arm them with a nasty melee weapon.