LF help with Friendly Fire script

kitten87

Question

15 answers to this question

were trying to turn PVP off as were runing a PVE server. so i was wondering if anyone can move us in right area.

were looking turn it off we know its been done. just seems no one really has released it & wonder if anyone has figured out how.

I never played on a PVE server, yet administer one - but here's an idea for you:

if you don't mind getting your scripting hands dirty, perhaps you could automated the system so that every time a player kills another gets punished.

punishment could be a variety of things such as automatic kick from server + bank account reduction + humanity reduction and so on.

perhaps there are better tools out there to do this but if there's nothing yet, you could use the stuff I use for killboard - it basically continously parses the RPT log file [this way it will be aware when x kills y] and then you can run custom commands on that [such as activate dart tool > issue a kick command + run a sql query to reduce bank account/humanity + or remove a random item from his inventory [this could get bad].

I never played on a PVE server, yet administer one - but here's an idea for you:

if you don't mind getting your scripting hands dirty, perhaps you could automated the system so that every time a player kills another gets punished.

punishment could be a variety of things such as automatic kick from server + bank account reduction + humanity reduction and so on.

perhaps there are better tools out there to do this but if there's nothing yet, you could use the stuff I use for killboard - it basically continously parses the RPT log file [this way it will be aware when x kills y] and then you can run custom commands on that [such as activate dart tool > issue a kick command + run a sql query to reduce bank account/humanity + or remove a random item from his inventory [this could get bad].

we'd do it this way but we dont want it that way as there are scripts without that where nomatter what dmg never goes thru it just passes thru them & thats what we are after. not the one's that actully dmg guy back we strickly wanna turn it off.

I am no scripter, but couldn't you increase the size of a safezone script and remove the backpack checks etc?

but then "environment" (=AI units, zeds, vehicle crash, falling off heights, suicide script) won't kill players either. It will be the land of Gods lol

If we take a moment to consider the question -- How does a player kill another?

1. With weapons

2. With vehicles

3. Pushing them out of cover (with a vehicle) so that AI can shoot them.

4. What else?

Potential measures to prevent each?

1. Run a script, replace bullets with blanks every time a player points at another player (I'm under the impression this can be done)

2. Run a script, use enforced max speed limit every time a player is near n meters near another player

3. Same as 2 above

4. ?

could you lower the damage of weapons to player to the lowest factor or maybe stun player, using blank rounds/rubber bullets? Instead of giving players godmode? or maybe the infistar cannot shoot in safezones but when looking at player it will trigger you cannot shoot other players, PVE only. Just throwing idears out there :)

Found a server using: True PVE With Friendly Fire Bullet Proff SCRIPT

i googled "Friendly Fire Bullet Proff SCRIPT"

have a look at these links not sure if that helps you

http://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=28674

http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetTeamFriendlyFire

Never heard of using GTA commands in ArmA, thats new to me.

This should work, have not tested it though.

Make a copy of your fn_damageHandler.sqf from your dayz_code, and put it in your mission file, then if you have a custom compiles.sqf put

fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fn_damageHandler.sqf";

In the fn_damageHandler.sqf find

if ((isPlayer _source) && !(player == _source)) then {
		_scale = _scale + 800;
		if (_isHeadHit) then {
			_scale = _scale + 500;
		};
	};

replace it with

if ((isPlayer _source) && !(player == _source)) then {
		_damage = 0;
	};

and you are done, this should disable any damage only if the source of the damage is a player.

About Friendly Fire MTA DayZ server:

Friendly fire gaming is running on the DayZ Script developed by Marwin from the official MTA DayZ Website [lt-mta.net], which has much similar script and features to Arma 2 Dayz, however the script that got released for people to use was compiled (Not able to change anything in script but hosting your own server with it). However, Friendly Fire gaming is proud to announce that we're the first community to buy the full uncompiled script, which gives us full access to it , Why do we need that? (Read Below)

Features:

- DayZ Weapons (Renamed GTA weapons and modded) every weapon with it's own Ammo type.
- Tent system for saving.
- Increased Vehicle types.
- Proning system
- Binoculars system.
- Backpacks system (Similar to DayZ).
- Similar skin mods (Bambi skin and Ghillie suit, Civilian skin, Army skin)
- Similar Vehicle system.
- Similar Selection menu for gear and interactions like Arma DayZ.
- Custom weapon damages (Weapons are set for realistic damages - Ex: to kill with sniper = 1 shot)
- Dope mods
- People around the whole globe.

LINK:https://forum.mtasa.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=59182&p=564057

I dont know but it said dayZ server lol and friendly fire

Use a custom fn_damageHandler.

Find this line:

_unitIsPlayer = _unit == player;

and add this under it:

if ((isPlayer _unit) AND (!(_source == _unit)) AND ((side _unit) == WEST) AND (_source isKindOf "Man") AND (isPlayer _source)) exitWith {};
if ((isPlayer _unit) AND (!(_source == _unit)) AND ((side _unit) == WEST) AND (_source isKindOf "Car" OR _source isKindOf "Ship" OR _source isKindOf "Air") AND (isPlayer ((crew _source) select 0))) exitWith {};

It should block most PVP damage. If you're players are finding a way around it, then turn on the DZE_Debug_Damage in the script to find out what the source is, replicate it, and I can write a new line to block it.