Create Vehicle Restriction #0 - Seagull Spawn

Stranger

Question

Hey does anyone have a fix for that? Some times everyone spawning as a seagull - i tried the fix here in the forums for group cleanups but this does not help.

On the other side we have a really powerfull root server - so it is nothing related to hardware or so.

Greetings

Stranger

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the explanation ebay. But what if it's happening right after a server restart? And are AI seen as a group also?

Right after restart might indicate a  problem with your database or connection. Try tweaking your basic.cfg.

AI are counted as opfor.

It means there are more than 144 groups on Blufor.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createGroup

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteGroup

In arma groups can not be deleted unless all units are removed from them first, including dead units. So each dead player body lying around on the server is taking up a group on Blufor. Each player who is alive is also taking up a group, so 50 players + 94 dead bodies on the server would cause this to happen. That is a lot of dead bodies to accumulate in 30 minutes, but I suppose it could happen faster if people are respawning to get better spawns or attempting to dupe.

The server body cleanup runs in server_functions.sqf. On Epoch it is set to run every 30 minutes. You can see in the server_spawncleanDead function it calls dayz_perform_purge_player which deletes the unit and his group.

You can make that run more frequently. In server_functions.sqf find:

if (diag_tickTime - _deathTime > 1800) then {

Change 1800 (30 mins) to 900 (15 mins) or whatever you want. If you change it below 10 mins you would also need to modify server_cleanup.fsm to run the parent loop faster.

IDK about that.  I get this issue on server restart, like right after the server comes up sometimes.  Doesn't fit with the too many groups theory.

edit: my basic.cfg is fine and I haven't had this issue in weeks for the record.  DB is fine as well

IDK about that.  I get this issue on server restart, like right after the server comes up sometimes.  Doesn't fit with the too many groups theory.

edit: my basic.cfg is fine and I haven't had this issue in weeks for the record.  DB is fine as well

I sometimes get it when I update the mission file