Remove Traders - USE LaptopsTo Buy Items + Gold Coins + Banking

Tech_Support

Question

Hello everyone,

lately i have seen a lot of posts about the single gold coin with banking system requests to be added to DayZ

so here is my request can someone please remove all the traders and place laptops at cash registers in shops around the map in city's instead of a bunch of Ai in one spot

on the map.

Then make it so the laptop uses the Single Gold Coin system with the bank players would then scroll on laptop have menu for say

"Bank Account", maybe add keycards (each player should get a pin lol) i mean vehicles have keys why cant players have keycards with pins linked to the laptop as ATM's

use a main bank trader for non pin access to in game bank account.

Also someone would have to replace every trader menu and add it to the laptop for when a player scrolls on it this would also be a way of saving trader animation time i guess not having traders i assume you would be able to order as much as you could afford in one buy from the laptop of the item you are wanting to buy.

It would also be handy as a donation tool for Admins to place a laptop in a players base to help keep their favorite server alive and players happy not having to travel to buy items

could always add access restrictions to certain menus like for hero trader items and bandit trader items have the humanity you could add menu's for certain uid's

might even take a load off of servers not having all those Ai traders standing there on the map..

Most important about this featured addon/mod non dedicated servers should have this!!!  

7 answers to this question

Sounds like a good idea and all, but there would be insane lag issues. Every player would have to scroll through the list and it wouldn't work out really good. You have to remember there are some traders that would need to stay (e.g air and boat).

Also you should look around in the single currency a little bit more and notice that there is a nice donation section built in for donators.

All a player needs is a safe as those have online banking.

Also keycards would be bad.. why dont you just get rid of atms then? Players would just kill other players and take the keycard.

Some ideas you have do sound good, but not all of them....

The server already gets rid of lag due to the cfg traders.

Replacing traders with laptops, could be doable ( if we give them certain object id's) .

The removing of the ai traders and changing them to objects is possible but you will loose abit of the epoch atmosphere isnt it? ( no people to trade to).

I'll have a quick look this weekend after i finished my other stuff.

Not traveling to buy items.... so thats basicly hide in base, buy all your shit , and go pvp.

That sir will destroy epoch.

I think you should try arma 2 wasteland.

Replacing traders with laptops, could be doable ( if we give them certain object id's) .

The removing of the ai traders and changing them to objects is possible but you will loose abit of the epoch atmosphere isnt it? ( no people to trade to).

I'll have a quick look this weekend after i finished my other stuff.

Not traveling to buy items.... so thats basicly hide in base, buy all your shit , and go pvp.

That sir will destroy epoch.

I think you should try arma 2 wasteland.

With the laptop's in players bases could it be made so that players could only access say building supplies, food n drinks and toolbelt items ? 

How does one make a laptop into a trader? I have been trying to figure this out. I have added custom traders to my server with no prob. but have not been able to enable trading on a notebook. I was hoping it was as simple as taking one of my working custom traders and just but that didn't work. Any suggestions? I'm currently in the process of a complete redo of my trader system and trader locations. Using this method for the trader item database and placing traders at locations in each town that you would expect to find a trader such as the grocery stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc. Trader interaction is so much faster and smoother with this method. Almost done rewriting the Trader tables for all the items. But would like to implement some traders to be notebooks to give the illusion of ordering their guns/vehicles online. Also very interested in the single currency/banking side of things.

How does one make a laptop into a trader? I have been trying to figure this out. I have added custom traders to my server with no prob. but have not been able to enable trading on a notebook. I was hoping it was as simple as taking one of my working custom traders and just but that didn't work. Any suggestions? I'm currently in the process of a complete redo of my trader system and trader locations. Using this method for the trader item database and placing traders at locations in each town that you would expect to find a trader such as the grocery stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc. Trader interaction is so much faster and smoother with this method. Almost done rewriting the Trader tables for all the items. But would like to implement some traders to be notebooks to give the illusion of ordering their guns/vehicles online. Also very interested in the single currency/banking side of things.

funny i was in the middle of this as well lol that's what made me think of just having laptop's in each store with menus instead. i used to run DayZ of Glory (SporkMod)

2.0 on 1.8.0.1 i think dayZ mod was at the time this mod uses laptop as banking system in stores on map and vehicle trader at balota