DayZ Launcher

TheHound

Tbh, i'd rather close MGT down than advise my players to use this launcher that actually makes Six look simple to use.

1. Servers do not show up in the server listing by default, IIRC you have to register to get it to display

2. It renames your client @DayZ_Epoch folder to @DayZ_Epoch1051

3. Some mods are named incorrectly like Namalsk 1.7.7.1 which is actually 0.75

Steer well clear until it's a viable alternative.

Edit: they do show up, it just takes a little while for it to happen.

I didn't have to register my server, even my test server appeared by itself. I'm not a fan of the mods being renamed but you can hardly compare it to playwithsix. It's much simpler to use than that piece of garbage. I would gladly stay with DayZ Commander if it gets updated but not sure why having your server available in more places to join would be a bad thing. Not like dayz launcher is gonna stop people from joining through dayz commander if it updates.

My servers show up on there without any issues, but the number 2 point is massive I think. My regulars who I had originally all told to download the launcher when I first made the change over, all couldn't join the server after using the launcher as they all redownloaded or renamed the epoch to include the version number. Since my server isnt running with the version in its name, they encountered a whole bunch of missing mods errors. We already have an issue with split players over multiple betas, epoch versions (1.0.4.2 - 1.0.5.1) why would you then go and split it even further by causing such a headache with players trying to join. 

I took back my recommendation of this launcher to my players. We'll wait for DZC (hopefully).

This was fixed in the most recent update today, haven't tried it yet but was in the changelog. 

Update 0.0.0.5

by maca134 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:44 am

Added:
Server filters
Refresh buttons works better now
Backend systems completely rewritten
View online players
Launcher will pick up DZC versions of certain mods (DayZ Epoch) and will use it, instead of having to download again.

This was fixed in the most recent update today, haven't tried it yet but was in the changelog. 

Update 0.0.0.5

by maca134 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:44 am

Added:

Server filters

Refresh buttons works better now

Backend systems completely rewritten

View online players

Launcher will pick up DZC versions of certain mods (DayZ Epoch) and will use it, instead of having to download again.

That's the build im using

That's the build im using

Well the program is scanning what mods you have running in your serverstart.bat and automatically installs them if you try and join a server running something you don't have. Remind me again why this isn't simpler than DZC?

Well the program is scanning what mods you have running in your serverstart.bat and automatically installs them if you try and join a server running something you don't have. Remind me again why this isn't simpler than DZC?

Well its clearly broken then as its not scanning anything

Edit, it scanned after about 15 mins

Worked perfectly for me, just tried it. Deleted all my epoch overwatch and panthera files, went into the launcher. Clicked join on my server in the list, it said you are missing these mods would you like to download them? I clicked yes, it automatically downloaded the 3. When it was finished I clicked join on my server again and I was in just like that.

Basically if you download the mods through dayz commander then manually launch (since dayz commander isn't able to join 125548 servers) you can still join servers even if they are set up with the dayz launcher folders because they are the same files.

People can still join with the dayz commander versions through dayz commander if it updates. The folder names mean nothing, it's the contents of them that matter.

Back to my earlier point, if the server showed up. I tried filtering for name, ip and manually scrolling through the list. The server shows up fine in game and on Steam browser but not on DZL, which would suggest its either pulling servers from a list or not able to scan servers from Steam.

I've run Arma 2 and DayZ servers for years now and know what im doing wrt mod folders and all that jazz, if I cant find my server on DZL what chance do the majority of players have? None.

Sure will take a look right now, what I meant by joining the test server once is I manually launched through the launcher. Not sure if that's relevant but will check it out now.

Exactly what I did :)

Edit, now reporting, thanks for your help Hound, guess it takes a little while to propagate.

Still not convinced on it though, for the average player it's a bit too technical with the way the program is layed out.

Want to see if you can see my dev server on there? Im on there atm running around and no listing on DZL

188.165.250.119:3333 [MGT] DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1/125548 DEV

Found ingame and on DZL when filtering MGT

Now the server is down if you press the refresh at the top it still shows it as online, press the refresh next to the server it goes offline, but press the refresh at the top again shows online.

Edit>>>

Ok so I close dayzlauncher and reopen and filter mgt it shows online with 2 people still lol

Found ingame and on DZL when filtering MGT

Now the server is down if you press the refresh at the top it still shows it as online, press the refresh next to the server it goes offline, but press the refresh at the top again shows online.

Taylor?! I wondered who that was that joined :D

Lol gotcha, glad it got sorted. It's definitely not a perfect system but at least it's something!

So are batch files!