[Release] Custom Debug Monitor

Ya, I posted the last one at like 4AM. Obviously not the best time for posting work. Should probably note that for later.

where and what do I change to change its display position ??

currently in the normal top right corner I would like to move it to  left corner  ??

its interfearing with my altimeter I added.

or how would I change the alitimeter position ??

while {alive player} do {
hintsilent format ["Altimeter: %1", round (getPosATL player select 2)];
if (((getposATL player)select 2) < 1) then
{ hintsilent "";

where and what do I change to change its display position ??

currently in the normal top right corner I would like to move it to  left corner  ??

its interfearing with my altimeter I added.

or how would I change the alitimeter position ??

while {alive player} do {
hintsilent format ["Altimeter: %1", round (getPosATL player select 2)];
if (((getposATL player)select 2) < 1) then
{ hintsilent "";

Not possible with hint. Would have to create a new dialog box to be moved to the top left.

I added this to my server and it is showing up, I can not toggle it though, so tried with debug = false and still no luck. Any ideas? I read it is supposed  to come with toggle enabled already and I have not changed any of the files.

Thanks

I added this to my server and it is showing up, I can not toggle it though, so tried with debug = false and still no luck. Any ideas? I read it is supposed  to come with toggle enabled already and I have not changed any of the files.

Thanks

Have you set up the compiles properly? Also some mods modify the same files I do, such as snap build.

I tried changing the restart time to uptime based on an earlier post but I can't get it to work.

How do I change it to uptime?

Also, I just discovered this disabled my F (release key) for Snap Pro.

This is caused by both mods changing the same files. This will be fixed in 1.5.2 or you can just compare the files.

this changes time to uptime

_time = serverTime;

_hours = (floor(_time/60/60));

_minutes = (floor(_time/60) - (_hours * 60));

This is caused by both mods changing the same files. This will be fixed in 1.5.2 or you can just compare the files.

this changes time to uptime

_time = serverTime;

_hours = (floor(_time/60/60));

_minutes = (floor(_time/60) - (_hours * 60));

Ok, I'll just wait for the update.

Is there any kind of conflict with the infistar debug?

Thanks for the reply.

Change this to false in the init: debugMonitor = true;

Of course, how could I've been so dumb. For some reason I had this whole section in my init commented out. Works great now thanks.

Edit// Also, does anyone know how to make the server restart time counter accurate? Currently I have it set so that it just counts down from 4 hours after every restart. This can be a problem because if I make an unscheduled restart the counter would still count down from 4 hours.

Edit2// Actually I think I can make this happen myself. Just need to figure out a way to get the server's current local time.

Of course, how could I've been so dumb. For some reason I had this whole section in my init commented out. Works great now thanks.

Edit// Also, does anyone know how to make the server restart time counter accurate? Currently I have it set so that it just counts down from 4 hours after every restart. This can be a problem because if I make an unscheduled restart the counter would still count down from 4 hours.

Edit2// Actually I think I can make this happen myself. Just need to figure out a way to get the server's current local time.

This was intended for use on a permanent server that is not usually manually restarted. The best thing to do would be to change it into uptime. The only way to get the time of the computer is to write a dll to do it for you and import using the _RVExtension@12 entry point as the game is unable to access it natively. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is working great although i think i may have missed a step somewhere. When i hit the insert key it switches from this cool debug monitor to the old debug monitor. Each press switches back and forth between the two.

Not sure where to look to get the old one out of there. Any idea's?

This is working great although i think i may have missed a step somewhere. When i hit the insert key it switches from this cool debug monitor to the old debug monitor. Each press switches back and forth between the two.

Not sure where to look to get the old one out of there. Any idea's?

This comes from the dayz space interrupt I think. I made the modifications here so that you won't have to (I hate long installs). Do you use a modified version of this? 

If you are using snap pro this will cause issues. I will write a part into the readme for you folks. Epoch stated their 1.0.5.2 (which has snap pro built into it) was to release over a month ago, however that comment doesn't even exist anymore so I am guessing they completely scrapped that idea and the wait for the next update is not short enough to justify waiting it out.

I just replace my playerstats.sqf code with my post #2

then change the path to playerstats.sqf in dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf

here...

if (_dikCode == 210) then {
_nill = execvm "custom\playerstats.sqf";
};

and here

if (_dikCode in actionKeys "User20" && (diag_tickTime - dayz_lastCheckBit > 5)) then {
dayz_lastCheckBit = diag_tickTime;
};

this replaces the built in payerstats with your custom debug

just search your dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf for  playerstats  and change the call path...

I just replace my playerstats.sqf code with my post #2

then change the path to playerstats.sqf in dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf

here...

if (_dikCode == 210) then {
};

and here

if (_dikCode in actionKeys "User20" && (diag_tickTime - dayz_lastCheckBit > 5)) then {
};

this replaces the built in payerstats with your custom debug

just search your dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf for  playerstats  and change the call path...

Yes this will work with any monitor already created. The simplest way for anyone with little knowledge on the coding to add their own is to just install the one posted, and replace the code in the monitor with the one they already have (made it completely modular). The main point of this monitor is simply to act as a simplistic base. Many people are still asking how to make one so I just posted mine up :P

This comes from the dayz space interrupt I think. I made the modifications here so that you won't have to (I hate long installs). Do you use a modified version of this? 

I think i've found it on line 153 of your space interrupt sqf

_nill = execvm "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\playerstats.sqf";

Shouldn't that be set towards your custom debug like so?

_nill = execvm "custom\debug_monitor.sqf";

haven't had a chance to try it yet but is the only place i can see that old debug monitor being called.

I think i've found it on line 153 of your space interrupt sqf

_nill = execvm "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\playerstats.sqf";

Shouldn't that be set towards your custom debug like so?

_nill = execvm "custom\debug_monitor.sqf";

haven't had a chance to try it yet but is the only place i can see that old debug monitor being called.

That is the timer to remove the monitor. I comment this out to stop it from doing that.