Authentication Problems

Rjhart

Question

I have a freshly setup Epoch server that I'm having authentication problems with. The exact problem I have depends on the mission, but every problem I've had revolves around authentication issues. When I use the default Chernarus mission, I can get into the server but I can't get passed "waiting for server to authenticate," or something to that effect; when I use the default Takistan mission, I can spawn in, but data doesn't seem to copy to the database correctly, it doesn't ask me to choose my gender, and I get kicked from the server with the message "authentication timeout" after a couple minutes; and when I use a modified Chernarus mission, I get stuck at "wait for host" for a while, and then get kicked for a couple minutes for "authenication timeout." Any ideas about how to fix this?

(I have a fair amount of experience with Arma 2 servers in general (I used to own a VERY popular Takistan Life server), so usually I can fix things on my own, but this is not something that seems to overlap with regular Arma 2.)

4 answers to this question

Yes, I have, and I don't think that it's either of those things. I increased the ram of the machine I have it running on (the reason why I got stuck loading was due to ram), and now I can spawn in everytime, but I get "authentication timeout" after about one minute (followed promptly by me getting kicked). Thanks for the suggestion, though.