File Based Traders - Huge Performance Increase?

mgm

Question

Hey Guys,

I keep reading file based traders providing better performance as it does not wait for SQL queries. This change is all good in theory but is there really a huge performance increase?

I would like to try it out if it's really helping and don't want to invest time if it's not really working well (or if it causes any other issues). I am aware of the lack of functionality (unable to track stock numbers any more) but I cannot think of a reason why would I even want to track stock numbers...

I will appreciate feedback on performance increase (or lack thereof) from those who experimented with this please.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

I know that under load (45+ players for me) traders tend to be slow... We have however moved the database to Ramdisk now and that has solved the problem. I know for a matter of fact that the config files are very fast though, so if you have problems it is a way to go

Has anyone experienced any Epoch servers running config bases traders?

Or any ArmA 2 mods for that matter?

It's a great idea. The only downside I can think of would be having to re-do your Private Hives Tools, Survivor Stats and other web-based tools. But that's far from the worse thing in the world.

Has anyone experienced any Epoch servers running config bases traders?

Or any ArmA 2 mods for that matter?

It's a great idea. The only downside I can think of would be having to re-do your Private Hives Tools, Survivor Stats and other web-based tools. But that's far from the worse thing in the world.

About a week ago, I connected to two of the top servers (55/55, 50/50 slots). Both were using config based traders. You can check yourself, connect to a few top servers, after each connection check the local copy of the mission file.

We use file based traders and I believe that it's a lot better. There is no loading time when opening them. However, I still get some buy time delay. Everything from 4 seconds to 10 mins. It's something I have been trying to solve for a while and may only be resolved by a full database wipe. However, the only downside to config based traders is that they take up quite a lot of space and adds like 100+ more kbs for clients to download.

In short, it's very much worth it!

Does anyone else still experience slow spawning of vehicles after purchase though? I hoped that config based traders solved this, but nope.

Yes, after about 45 minutes purchase time/key given/vehicle spawn/vehicle lock time increases

Hmm, fair enough. Then this is also kind of similar to the "Stuck on authentication" bug I get. Works fine the first ~60 minutes after restart, then everything slows down and players start to get stuck and spawning vehicles is slow. Oh well, glad to see I'm not alone.