Time Window

SkyDogs

Dear Devs,

I know you're asked repeatedly when A3 Epoch will be released to the public, and I know it's pretty difficult for you to predict a date.

But would it be possible for you to give us a time window for the public release? I kind of need to know where I stand with my gaming options. For example I don't want to buy a game only for me to never play it because A3E gets released a day or two after. On the flip side, I don't want to hold off on buying another game if A3E public release is months away from release.

Please, can you narrow down a time window, please.

Maybe I dont get it, but giving him a release date (which is stupid in many ways) wouldn't change anything. He is looking for a fall back game or something he can play until then. I think he should do it. Even if A3 Epoch would be released tomorrow, how big are the chances that he gets on the server, that the mod has no issues and so on.

When I find a game that I like I tend to stick with it for a few years. I can't manage playing more than two games regularly. So I don't want to pay for a game that I know I won't play much.

On the other hand, if A3 Epoch is a year away from public release, then sure I'd buy and get stuck into another game. So this is why I've asked for a time window, not a specific release date. But I should've known better to expect an answer on here. I've never known a community site to ignore members postings more than on here.

Now I know I'll love the new Epoch, without a doubt. I also can live with a broken/unfinished game as I've been doing so for the past 7 years with Project Reality and DayZ.

Those two games are being remade on A3 and I'm eager to get playing them both.

I only asked for a time window, like say 6 to 9 months away, or 1 to 3 months away etc. I'm no technical guy, but surely it can't be that difficult to estimate when the public can finally play, can it? Or am I completely oblivious to how things can change in the development of a game?

I hear where your coming from SkyDogs. The anticipation is killing me. this is the only forum I check religiously every day. but being a technical IT guy I think even giving a time window might be dangerous as you don't know what obstacles can get in your way to complete modules.  

Something that seems like it might be easy to implement could get you stuck on it for weeks. And I think a community frustrated because you said the window should be 1 to 3 months and you end up getting stuck and release in 5 months etc, would not be fun to try and manage.

Remembering that we are still getting people join the forums and asking "pick me, pick me" for the testing team, expecting instant gratification because they have finally graced the forums with their presence. just image how much they would demand if the time window estimation was to get blown out.

When I find a game that I like I tend to stick with it for a few years. I can't manage playing more than two games regularly. So I don't want to pay for a game that I know I won't play much.

On the other hand, if A3 Epoch is a year away from public release, then sure I'd buy and get stuck into another game. So this is why I've asked for a time window, not a specific release date. But I should've known better to expect an answer on here. I've never known a community site to ignore members postings more than on here.

Now I know I'll love the new Epoch, without a doubt. I also can live with a broken/unfinished game as I've been doing so for the past 7 years with Project Reality and DayZ.

Those two games are being remade on A3 and I'm eager to get playing them both.

I only asked for a time window, like say 6 to 9 months away, or 1 to 3 months away etc. I'm no technical guy, but surely it can't be that difficult to estimate when the public can finally play, can it? Or am I completely oblivious to how things can change in the development of a game?

Its nothing personal, but there is a guy like you every second day asking the same fucking question... Its hard to give you a calm answer. If you would wanted one and if you would deserve one, you would have used the fucking search function that exists in every forum.

Its nothing personal, but there is a guy like you every second day asking the same fucking question... Its hard to give you a calm answer. If you would wanted one and if you would deserve one, you would have used the fucking search function that exists in every forum.

Always love to see colorful construction posts and the important use of profanity that always helps to emphasize a message. Awesome community spirit.

Haha, you guys get mad quite fast.

But I cant really follow you. How is me being up to date related to your ability of using a search function. Thinking further on that scares me a little bit. I hope me being something doesnt supress other of your abilities.

Anyway, questions got answered. Have a nice stay and always use the search function first! ;)

Not Mad Kent ;), just thought I would mention your message said "Its hard to give you a calm answer". I just don't think swearing and non constructive messages help the community. but feel free to express your opinion which is your right, as I only expect the right to express mine on a public forum, as long as both stay within the confines of the rules of the forum.

Imagine asking a question about a game then getting answered directly by the developers! Let's accept that answer as a subtle promise to release a quality product, regardless of the time frame... for now ;)

They got building to do, I say give them all the windows they need. Haha I make a punny!

Sequisha vs those wanting to play.

p7hcwpI.gif?1

that is amazing.  mmmmm mmmmm gurl, no u di'nt

Cheers Neo. My inability to use the search feature will mean I'm assuming that Kent is one of the sycophants that follow around the Devs with tongue at the ready to lick clean their sphincters.

I was just starting to feel sorry for you too.

If you are truly someone who supports the project, buy Arma3 support the devs of the game engine first so they can continue to improve the game.  Click the donate button at the top right, buy the devs a beer, cause that will make them much more productive than complaining about a lack of release date.

Personally, I would recommend buying and playing something else.  This mod will be in Alpha for a while and will likely be buggy as they add new features and get things just right.  These guys are some of the best in the biz when it comes to mods, and given enough time they will produce a kick-ass product.  In the meantime though, I'd just get something else to occupy your time.  Once you get bored with that, then come back and see where Epoch is at in the process.